IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

When we look at what we've already got, I think this will be a very good transfer if it comes off. Saha is finished here, if he earns a new contract I'll be very surprised. Anichebe is showing signs that he might be becoming the player everyone at the club thought he would be, but he is still injury prone and shouldn't really be our first choice striker, not yet anyway. Vellios is the same, while he shows a lot more predatory instinct he is still young and will have to get used to the rigour of the prem before he scores for us on a regular basis. Mcfadden will go, Stracqualursi might earn himself a contract, and while he works as hard as anyone I've seen, I've yet to see proof of him cutting it in the prem, even with his goal on Friday.

That leaves us with Gueye and MacAleny, again two young guns who show a lot of promise but really can't take up the mantle of starting striker for a few seasons.

Jelavic however, has played and scored in a variety of scrappy, long ball, bad passing, less than 5 shots on target affairs in Scotland, and from what I've seen of him he can also shine in free flowing, high pressure, more than 15 shot on target affairs. More importantly, he could come straight into the team and start for us. Again, it's all an if, but this would definitely respresent good business on paper, nothing is for sure, but still, he seems to have enough quality to get goals wherever he goes, and I would certainly welcome that here.

Manolas is the same, I see some people saying we don't need him, but in truth, like other have mentioned, Distin may get ONE more year but that's it, Johnny will go if an offer comes in, but if it doesn't I don't think he'd force a move. having Jagielka, Heitinga, Duffy and Manolas, would again represent good business, as we'd have two experienced high quality (most of the time) defenders and two young, talented defenders as back up. It's worked for Manchester United for years, and I'm all for it.

It's the same in the center of the park, Barkley, Rodwell, Fellaini and Gibson are all still young and have room to improve, but if they ended up being our central midfield selection next season I wouldn't be panicking.

the wings are where we have always been perennially weak under Moyes, hopefully Drenthe will get a contract, and Coleman can reclaim the sort of form on the wing that put Bale in the shadows for 90 minutes. that being said he could quite easily end up at right back, in which case the priority in the summer should become 3 new wingers.

Anyway, rant over. Nothing to see here. Go back to your homes and places of businesses.

Edited by The Regulator

£3.5m up front but the deal is worth £6m all together as concluded by Rangers and Everton at 3.30PM this afternoon. The players personal terms have been confirmed and Jelly will be flown down to Liverpool tomorrow morning for his medical.

No sources but trust me on this one, it HAS happend.

I've been to a few Rangers matches and seen him play and he's a sterling player. I know the standard of football isn't as good as the prem but the lads got something about him.

Does he remind you of a hard working berbatov? that's what some optimistic shouts are...

Not the quickest player in the world but hes the sort of player that if he gets the ball to his feet or head in the box you would back him to score. Can take free kicks I think too... and he scored an amazing overhead kick against aberdeen if anyone can rustle it up...

Why is he (the thread) now in General discussions?

Because he is 99% an Everton player, something which I am very happy about. This could be an end to all our troubles up front and with Jelly up front we could start to compete for Europe in years to come.

Pat on the back for Moyes is in order folks!