IGNORED

Adam Johnson

has he actually had a run of games for city though? he looked exciting then got snubbed out..every time i have seen him he has looked good..city have ruined him imo

He's been starting recently and done nothing.

There's two ways to look at it really...

1) He genuinely isn't that good. Which is how it looks to City fans who see him properly (rather than MOTD highlights)

or

2) There's already too many forward men at City and therefore he's instructed to just get the ball in the box for them to score.

It could well be a combination of both, but still, he doesn't even get the ball in the box, but that MIGHT be that he's simply a small fish in a large pond at City and there's 5 other 'attacking' players on a pitch ahead of him, and most are better AND more assertive. Net result = he doesn't get a look in even when picked.

But even when we've been under the kosh and 'all hands to the pump' mode, he's run about a lot trying to look busy, but done little.

I think City are a hard team to come into and 'grow'. Everton would be much better in that respect, but still, I think he'd be found wanting at Everton too after 6 months.

I like the lad, maybe he needs to be a big fish as per many flair players, always seems to make things happen - rate him more than Downing.

But always interesting to see how fans who watch a player week in week out (when playing) have a different opinion to a match of the day viewer - bit like us with Cahill (how many speaking to the enemy fans always rate him and miss the likes of heitinga, felli, osman)

Im of mixed views on this as he could be hit or miss, a bit like McFadden (to a certain extent) on his day a world beater but has more off days than on days, that said has he had a run of 15-20 games with City to settle himself and find his feet? i think if he had that he could be a decent signing for us and would give the fans something to get excited about when he is on the ball like Drenthe does. What would be a fair price for him though?

• 1 month later...

i've read he was a newcastle support but his family are sunderland..he played for newcastle academy before boro

Maybe it's that then, I know his family are. Maybe a move to EFC will be best to avoid family conflict! He was born in Sunderland though wasn't he? or brought up there?

yeah he is a mackem but apparently he said he supports newcastle in an interview..had a quick google cos i'm bored...that article is probably bullshit but i'm desperate for a player like him and will cling to any hope laugh.png

He's a bit of a party boy by all accounts and a moody sod, hav'nt we just washed our hands with one of them.

But i know what you are saying, it would be great to have a player like that.

Edited by theprisoner

don't blame him bein moody...wouldn't you be pissed off if you made an impact nearly every time you played and got stuck back on the bench or less? i know i would be

Yeah i would, but he just did'nt fit in to the way City played, Mancini wanted to play with 3 forwards all the time.

I've always rated Johnson and even though He's hardly featured for City when I have seen Him play He's looked dangerous.

I'd have took Him to the Euro's if I were Hodgson also He's a very under valued player for Me and sadly seems to have shot himself in the foot by joining City. If the Hazard talks are true it's just another indication He's no place there and He's be mad not to come to a Club like Ourselves IMO.

As with the other lads I'd be over the moon if He came here!!!

he's made 38 appearances this season..not that bad...makes the excuse that he hasn't played so that is why downing got in the england squad sound like bullshit

Downing to me is the new Heskey, the fans all see him as completely pointless yet managers love him. Edited by theprisoner

Guest Nikica

I am a really big fan. He's extremely tricky and has a good cross and shot in him. He's not like the typical English wingers of the present, who are all pace and not craftiness or unpredictability. Johnson is a very good dribbler and, despite being quite fast, he doesn't rely on that. He can turn people inside out in very tight spaces, unlike your Lennons and Walcotts who are better with space to run into.

Having said that, however, many of the Man City fans who watch him every time he plays (we see a lot of Man city games but not every single 90 mins like they do) say that he's a bit of a highlights/MotD player. They claim that he isn't involved enough and goes missing when the chips are down. Mancini has also criticised his work-rate.

Like most of you guys, I am a big fan of his (I would have taken him to the Euros and started him, even though he doesn't really deserve to as he has been a bit-part player at club level this season), but I just thought it was interesting to see what the City fans think of him.

Guest Nikica

He's been starting recently and done nothing.

There's two ways to look at it really...

1) He genuinely isn't that good. Which is how it looks to City fans who see him properly (rather than MOTD highlights)

or

2) There's already too many forward men at City and therefore he's instructed to just get the ball in the box for them to score.

It could well be a combination of both, but still, he doesn't even get the ball in the box, but that MIGHT be that he's simply a small fish in a large pond at City and there's 5 other 'attacking' players on a pitch ahead of him, and most are better AND more assertive. Net result = he doesn't get a look in even when picked.

But even when we've been under the kosh and 'all hands to the pump' mode, he's run about a lot trying to look busy, but done little.

I think City are a hard team to come into and 'grow'. Everton would be much better in that respect, but still, I think he'd be found wanting at Everton too after 6 months.

Just read your comments (had skimmed the thread before). You seem to say the same things as I have read on bluemoon etc.

Guest Nikica

Because he probably said them on bluemoon too!

Ha, yeah true. I meant that it was what many of them were saying in general though - seemed to be the general consensus rather than the minority opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/6bgNny/menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1581193_three-premier-league-clubs-fighting-for-manchester-citys-out-of-favour-winger-adam-johnson?rss=yes

I just don't see it happening, we don't have near enough money to buy him. The only way we could afford him is by selling Felli or Baines at a high price... I'd much rather have Pienaar at 3 to 6 million than spend over 10 on Johnson. I could see him ending up at Sunderland.

• 3 weeks later...