IGNORED

Louis Saha

Good luck Louis, even though he has been shit recently, he has scored some quality goals and given us some quality moments:

Record FA cup final goal

West Ham away

Middlesbrough home in the cup

edit: too late, see above post!

Edited by JamesN

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a mix of things with Louis Saha. He didn't get the service he needed early in the season which meant that he got frustrated and angry with playing here. When we started to find our form later in the season it was too late as he had already lost interest and it meant when our other players were playing well and putting balls into the box he himself wasn't meeting them because he has lost the passion to sprint and work hard. Because he was playing so badly the crowd got on his back (which I personally disagreed with) and he inevitably lost his confidence as our standing striker.

I even remember watching a game (think it was Sunderland) where he yawned after missing a chance... something which did have me rather confused/angry.

I wish him all the best and I think that a fresh start and the way in which Tottenham play will suit him and give his career a revamp, I also feel that he plays well at Spurs because he is getting service from Adebayor as opposed to having to make all his own luck at Goodison.

Pienaar played shite for them and does well for us, Saha plays shite for us and does well with them.

Funny old game football.

The Yak and now King Louis plying their trade for other teams and if they both continue to bang in the goals then how much of an ass do you think Moyes will feel? I tell you what, Moyes will say '' Yes but they don't run 12000 meters a game and chase hoofballs while defending from the front''. I can't see why we can play a system where the main priority is to get the forwards into goal scoring positions instead of making sure the team is square and rigid so as not to get caught on the counter? Just a thought btw.

We actually looked and performed better playing the 4-3-3 formation, Saha was magnificent His finishing was superb, he held the ball up well which is something we have missed, he appears to be a better option than defoe as there are more dimentions to his game, although this was just one game the difference yesterday was quite obvious, all season Spurs have been dominating games, but I always felt we were not scoring enough, to match our creative midfield.

I've been so tied up in other business I wasn't fully aware Saha had even been sold, I feel embarrassed to an extent but obviously missed the sale unsure.png

OK some are pleased with the transfer, Louis has not been able to replicate his form from previous times and has been a bit of a let down but he has given us some fine times since arriving, fastest goal in the FA cup final, amongst others, I genuinely liked him as a player, and at risk of a backlash am a little sorry to see him go but realize he has simply faded away and became a shadow of his former self, he did show on occasions that he was a quality player in his defense

Au Revoir Monsieur Saha