IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

"Roy Hodgson has been in the game a long time but I said all along that Ashley Cole had to go," Merson added. "I also would have rung John Terry - we shouldn't play the young players if they're not better than what we already have in that position. - Paul Merson

I echoed this yesterday. Spot on.

You have a point, but generally the truth is the opposite of what Paul Merson says. Even though I don't particularly agree with him, I can see the logic. It's probably the smartest thing he's ever said.

"Roy Hodgson has been in the game a long time but I said all along that Ashley Cole had to go," Merson added. "I also would have rung John Terry - we shouldn't play the young players if they're not better than what we already have in that position. - Paul Merson

I echoed this yesterday. Spot on.

bollocks. we absolutely have to blood the youngsters otherwise the team will never evolve! the old guard have to move on. If we carry on with that mentality, we will not qualify for Euro 2016.

2 goals we conceded against Uruguay, mistakes came from young player or an experienced player?

I personally think, purely because of the football that was displayed, that England should have gne through at the cost of Uruguay. But Uruguay scored against England because of mistakes and if you have an attack consisting of Suarez and Cavani in front of you, those mistakes will come at a cost.

I don't think we should overanalyse what went wrong, cause I honestly think that England played great football.

bollocks. we absolutely have to blood the youngsters otherwise the team will never evolve! the old guard have to move on. If we carry on with that mentality, we will not qualify for Euro 2016.

2 goals we conceded against Uruguay, mistakes came from young player or an experienced player?

Problem is I think he's referring to Baines and Jagielka rather than players who didn't get the nod. I.e shaw and Smalling who haven't kicked a ball.

IMO Jagielka should have been backup to Terry. Cole and Baines is a lot closer but Shaw and Smalling probably wouldn't have kicked a ball if we'd advanced further.

And you're still blaming Gerrard for that goal.... The CB were equally at fault I think that's been established.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Problem is I think he's referring to Baines and Jagielka rather than players who didn't get the nod. I.e shaw and Smalling who haven't kicked a ball.

IMO Jagielka should have been backup to Terry. Cole and Baines is a lot closer but Shaw and Smalling probably wouldn't have kicked a ball if we'd advanced further.

And you're still blaming Gerrard for that goal.... The CB were equally at fault I think that's been established.

who established it, because yes, I still blame Gerrard. Not just for the goal, but for being shite when we needed him to lead.

who established it, because yes, I still blame Gerrard. Not just for the goal, but for being shite when we needed him to lead.

After the game I didn't notice any pundit blame Gerrard. However Seedorfs two penny's highlighted the centre halfs and Keown said Cahill needed to track the run... Which is how I saw it.

After the game I didn't notice any pundit blame Gerrard. However Seedorfs two penny's highlighted the centre halfs and Keown said Cahill needed to track the run... Which is how I saw it.

Quoting pundits again? Fair enough, if thats how you saw it but pundits opinions are largely worthless to me (there are some exceptions)

I prefer to look at the whole move rather than the final result. In both goals, Gerrard made a mistake. Had he not made them, we will never know, couldve ended up in goals anyway. But he did and we conceded twice. Jags couldve been in a better position against the best striker/player in the world (this season) but Cahill did his job perfectly.

meanwhile on the other side of the pond every US pundit (Ballack, RM, Ruud Van Nistelroy, etc.) put the blame pretty squarely on Gerrard.

I think the english folks just don't have the stones to blame him. here they don't care.

Guest blueboy122

english pundits, he ain't english, but he's getting paid by them unless you're watching italian TV

We all know what you meant English TV pundits.

Mr Pedantic Cotto pops up yet again.

Just got back from the states and the coverage over there with there pundits puts ours to shame.

Chiles is an embarrassment. The whole lot of them are embarrassing.

Guest Nikica

Just seeing this interview with Hoddle - he tries to counteract the point that Lampard and Gerrard are finished by saying 'who's Italy's best player? Pirlo, and how old is he?'

This sort of thing is frightening coming from people in the game - particularly Hoddle who was actually a good manager for England. What he neglects to realise is that Pirlo has aged far better than Lamps and Gerrard - mainly because his game has never been based around athleticism, and most of his game is in his head. He's better than Lamps and Gerrard both technically and tactically and that's why he still looks like a great player, and they don't.

"Having waited behind Ashley Cole, Baines has earned his status as England’s first-choice. Yet what does he find once he gets there? A system which leaves him alone, exposed defensively, and unable to venture forward for fear of the gaps he will leave behind him...The key to good management is devising a system which gets the best from the players within it. It is why Roberto Martinez has had so much success at Goodison Park – he doesn’t ask his players to do things with which they are uncomfortable. Hodgson, it seems, creates a system, then shoehorns players into it. Baines has suffered, like Wayne Rooney has suffered and Danny Welbeck has suffered."

Guest blueboy122

Just seeing this interview with Hoddle - he tries to counteract the point that Lampard and Gerrard are finished by saying 'who's Italy's best player? Pirlo, and how old is he?'

This sort of thing is frightening coming from people in the game - particularly Hoddle who was actually a good manager for England. What he neglects to realise is that Pirlo has aged far better than Lamps and Gerrard - mainly because his game has never been based around athleticism, and most of his game is in his head. He's better than Lamps and Gerrard both technically and tactically and that's why he still looks like a great player, and they don't.

Also the fact comparing Gerrard and Lampard to Pirlo is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Pirlo is a different gravy.

We all know what you meant English TV pundits.

Mr Pedantic Cotto pops up yet again.

Just got back from the states and the coverage over there with there pundits puts ours to shame.

Chiles is an embarrassment. The whole lot of them are embarrassing.

i've felt they've done an excellent job as well. glad to get an outside opinion on the matter.

i'm honestly sad for england. you have such amazing young talent (barkley, stones, sterling, lallana ,shaw, ox, sturridge, etc.) and yet they keep hiring these garbage managers. capello, hodgson, what next tony pulls? my gosh, if you guys actually got the right manager you could really make a deep run with all that talent.