IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

i'm honestly sad for england. you have such amazing young talent (barkley, stones, sterling, lallana ,shaw, ox, sturridge, etc.) and yet they keep hiring these garbage managers. capello, hodgson, what next tony pulls? my gosh, if you guys actually got the right manager you could really make a deep run with all that talent.

In what world is Capello a 'garbage manager'? Are you aware of his record? He's done more in football than anyone in the England squad.

England don't have 'amazing young talent' imo - those players you named have quality but they're really no better than lesser hyped players who don't play in the PL. There comes a time when you have to admit the players aren't good enough.

The likes of Ox, Lallana (who is 26 , not exactly young), Stones, Shaw, Sturridge (25) are good players, or have the potential to be very good, but they're not world-class or world beaters by any stretch of the imagination. I mean would Ox be rated above the likes of Ayew if one wasn't Ghanaian and the other English? Nope. Lallana is a good player but every country has a Lallana - he's not anything particularly special. The likes of Welbeck is an average player who'd be lucky to make the Croatian or Mexican squads, for example. Barkley and Sterling might be the exceptions, we will see.

For example, the golden generation were overrated bottlers, yet everyone blames the managers. It's pure bollocks.

"my gosh, if you guys actually got the right manager you could really make a deep run with all that talent."

Doubt it - they don't have the talent to get near the semis. They'd need to resurrect someone like Rinus Michels to manage that. It would take someone very special to get their players to the semis.

Those players are overhyped because they are English and play in the PL - it really needs to be said because the longer this attitude prevails, the longer nothing will change.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

If they'd have got out this group Colombia would have beaten them. Rodriguez, Cuadrado and Quintero are more talented than anyone in the England squad imo, and that includes Sterling and Barkley, but you don't see the media jizzing over them - the English media didn't even know who any of them were prior to this tournament because they revel in their own ignorance of foreign football. I'd have Martinez over Sturridge as well. The English media needs a wake up call from someone they consider a 'small footballing nation' - the players went into this tournament with no hype until the eve of the tournament, then it was all 'Italy and Uruguay don't scare us' - pathetically arrogant and they got the beatings they deserved.

Did you see them on TV laughing in amazement about the fact that Costa Rica have qualified? CR sit on 6 points, England on zero, yet they are still disrespecting them.

I mean everything emanates from the captain - he talks a far better game than he can play on the park, sort of embodies everything around their clueless set-up tbh. The players and media seem like morons who buy into their hype.

England go into tournament > England think they will beat everyone > England struggle against a 'small' nation or two > England are eliminated. Rinse, repeat, every tournament.

Sorry for the air of annoyance but posts MJB's like annoy me - it happens every tournament. MJB is generally an interesting poster and I didn't expect him to buy the hype.

Edited by Nikica

Me Controversial is back:

Johnson not good enough

Jagielka not good enough

Cahill borderline

Gerrard not good enough

Henderson not good enough

Welbeck not good enough

6 of the starting 11 just aren't good enough to go on a run in the World Cup.

Also when it comes to effort look at all the other sides... Algeria, Chile, Costa Rica for example. Their players aren't relatively well known and they run their socks off. I think one of England's main problems is the media and celebrity status. It's a though it's a big show with a load of players acting. Their seems to be very little desire when they play in comparison to when they play for their clubs. I genuinely believe it's a mix of arrogance and celebrity status. The sooner that's drilled out of them the better.

The media in the country are just bellends the way the carried on over Rooney was disgraceful and it deflects the whole thing way from the team as a whole.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Me Controversial is back:

Johnson not good enough

Jagielka not good enough

Cahill borderline

Gerrard not good enough

Henderson not good enough

Welbeck not good enough

6 of the starting 11 just aren't good enough to go on a run in the World Cup.

Also when it comes to effort look at all the other sides... Algeria, Chile, Costa Rica for example. Their players aren't relatively well known and they run their socks off. I think one of England's main problems is the media and celebrity status. It's a though it's a big show with a load of players acting. Their seems to be very little desire when they play in comparison to when they play for their clubs. I genuinely believe it's a mix of arrogance and celebrity status. The sooner that's drilled out of them the better.

The media in the country are just bellends the way the carried on over Rooney was disgraceful and it deflects the whole thing way from the team as a whole.

I'd agree with most of that, but whats the common denominator? Hodgson. We are not investing in the young players enough. 4 of those 6 we have readymade replacements for, but will he change and prepare for the future? Will he fuck.

The problem is we'll find it hard to get a manager who is willing to start from scratch. Their reputation is on the line. Ideally they should just come out and say listen... England fans must bare with us we're going to go through a transitional period, we are going to blood youth, all youth and nothing but youth.

I also think their should be a cap on foreign players now. That's the main problem. English lads just aren't getting the opportunity to reach the top level. The Championship has now got more foreign players than ever.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I think one of England's main problems is the media and celebrity status. It's a though it's a big show with a load of players acting. Their seems to be very little desire when they play in comparison to when they play for their clubs. I genuinely believe it's a mix of arrogance and celebrity status. The sooner that's drilled out of them the better.

Spot on. Michael Ballack said this is why they failed as well. Cause they're more worried about what the papers say than if they really win or lose.

Sorry for the air of annoyance but posts MJB's like annoy me - it happens every tournament. MJB is generally an interesting poster and I didn't expect him to buy the hype.

You really need to stop taking digs at posters who disagree with you. It's getting old.

The last time I seen an England "team" was Euro 96, the togetherness in that group was immense.

Yesssss was thinking exactly this last night. We had some proper players aswell..... Media tried to ruin that too with the Gazza dentist chair thing. Euro 96 was our tournament so unlucky.

Guest blueboy122

Was saying the other day to a friend actually in my life time I have never seen a good England side all have flattered to deceive.

I was alive when Euro 96 was on but to young to remember really only about 10

Guest blueboy122

Can I ask the forum members a question:

Do England have any true world class players because for me we definitely do not.

We have some good players but I genuinely think that are players are a long way off being world class technically.

Can I ask the forum members a question:

Do England have any true world class players because for me we definitely do not.

We have some good players but I genuinely think that are players are a long way off being world class technically.

Rooney that's just my opinion but the way the foreign players talk about him I'd say he's well rated across Europe.

FA Chairman Dyke has just come out with this:

"We need to keep looking to see if there is a system that would help these 19-year-olds who are not playing in (Manchester) United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Manchester City first teams," he said.

Not even a mention of Everton. Although We've got two of the most promising talents in our squad. It just baffles me. Spurs FFS who have they got in this squad? Who has their academy actually brought through of late. It's ridiculous.

FA Chairman Dyke has just come out with this:

"We need to keep looking to see if there is a system that would help these 19-year-olds who are not playing in (Manchester) United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Manchester City first teams," he said.

Not even a mention of Everton. Although We've got two of the most promising talents in our squad. It just baffles me. Spurs FFS who have they got in this squad? Who has their academy actually brought through of late. It's ridiculous.

Well, they're playing in our first team so there'd be no need to mention us.

What he should be concerned with is why they aren't given a chance in those clubs first teams.

Well, they're playing in our first team so there'd be no need to mention us.

What he should be concerned with is why they aren't given a chance in those clubs first teams.

They are at United and Liverpool. I was touching on the fact that it seemed as though he was listing the top clubs in the league. Which he was trying to do.

Guest Nikica

Nik, I don't think anyone actually believes we are superior to any other teams, not that any of our players are the best. We certainly don't sit so low on the quality stakes though. We just need to be more of a "team" not a collection of players.

Never said your players are low on quality, but they're certainly no better than myraid players from so-called 'lesser' nations. The likes of Ox has been described as 'amazing' on this page. He's not even that good - he's hyped because he's young. English and players for a big PL club.

You really need to stop taking digs at posters who disagree with you. It's getting old.

Aye, because the likes of Mirallas and Peter H didn't take a dig at me first did they? Peter explicitly, and Mirallas implicitly. I'd never even spoken to Peter before yet he attacked me and called me a name in reply to one of my posts. Mirallas started going on about how 'people neglect to make sense' because we claimed the conditions will favour SA teams (there's a historical precedent there which he is obviously unaware of).

Will I quote their exact posts for you?Other people's antagonistic comments seem to have escaped all attention apparently - probably because I have developed a reputation and they haven't :rolleyes:

Lots of people have disagreed with me on here, and everything has been fine (other than on the 'Barca are boring' debate, when I admittedly overstepped the mark). It's only when people act like cunts that I reply in kind. So you can stop trying to defame me, thanks.

I even said that MJB is an 'interesting poster', and that's why I didn't expect him to buy the hype. It's more of a compliment than an attack ffs :rofl:

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Rooney that's just my opinion but the way the foreign players talk about him I'd say he's well rated across Europe.

I'd say it's lip service considering nobody from the continent has ever tabled a bid for him. Ditto Gerrard.

Sort of the equivalent of patting your dog on the head and telling him how good he is at fetch.

The fact that they're both uneducated and completely incapable of adapting to a foreign country/culture probably plays a big part too.

Edited by Nikica

, and everything has been fine (other than on the 'Barca are boring' debate, when I admittedly overstepped the mark). It's only when people act like cunts that I reply in kind. So you can stop trying to defame me, thanks.

I even said that MJB is an 'interesting poster', and that's why I didn't expect him to buy the hype. It's more of a compliment than an attack ffs :rofl:

You defame yourself.

Guest Nikica

You defame yourself.

How, by defending myself when I am attacked? You're completely twisting things to try and make it look like I'm the instigator. Are you denying that peter attacked me, and that Mirallas made little digs which weren't aimed at people by name, but it's clear what he was doing? If you are then I'd say you either have something against me, or you didn't read the debate.

Besides, I said so much which countered both of their shit points. They were completely disrespectful towards me yet everything they said was illogical (arguing via outliers, jumping on bandwagons, calling me names for saying the conditions will be a disadvantage for Europeans).

If you're going to continue to misrespresent what went on then you can just fuck off. Can't be doing with bullies who try and scapegoat others, and that's exactly what you're doing here.

Also interesting that you cut all the rest of my post and simply zone in on one statement to take a dig at me. I hate people who quote selectively - they're the lowest of the low.

Edited by Nikica

How, by defending myself when I am attacked? You're completely twisting things to try and make it look like I'm the instigator. Are you denying that peter attacked me, and that Mirallas made little digs which weren't aimed at people by name, but it's clear what he was doing? If you are then I'd say you either have something against me, or you didn't read the debate.

Besides, I said so much which countered both of their shit points. They were completely disrespectful towards me yet everything they said was illogical (arguing via outliers, jumping on bandwagons, calling me names for saying the conditions will be a disadvantage for Europeans).

If you're going to continue to misrespresent what went on then you can just fuck off. Can't be doing with bullies who try and scapegoat others, and that's exactly what you're doing here.

Also interesting that you cut all the rest of my post and simply zone in on one statement to take a dig at me. I hate people who quote selectively - they're the lowest of the low.

There you go.