IGNORED

England

Downing and Walcott should be nowhere near that squad. Particularly the absolutely useless Walcott.

I don't know what's happened to Walcott to be honest. He seemed like a really good up and coming talent when he was playing for Southampton but he really has turned into an average player. There was rumours in the newspapers that Arsene Wenger was going to offer AvB a Sturridge/Walcott swap deal but I personally think that Chelsea would be mad to accept.

As for Downing its a joke that he is in the England set-up. I'm not even going to elaborate on my opinions of him as it's going to be exactly the same as the rest of the forums (in other words; he's fucking useless).

Poor selection in My book.....

Downing is poor He has no pace no creativity just a half decent cross every so often nothing more, the same of Barry who I think is equally as shite.

Sturridge is a must He's the best out of the bunch bar Rooney and will cause teams problems where as the others will not for Me.

I'm not sure of his mentallity with Chamberlin saying He's only played a handfull of games Milner Johnson and a few other's are not regualr first teamers for their clubs so games shouldn't be an issue He looks better then a few in that selection and has played well so give him a shot.

Pearce as much as I loved his mentallity as a player will just be another McClown an FA yes man.

Guest blueboy122

Cant believe Frazier Cambell got into the squad he has made like two appearences for sunderland this season, yes he has looked good and scored a few goals but surely that doesnt warrant a national call up. England caps are being thrown around like confetti these days!

Guest blueboy122

Agree with other poster about Downing I cant believe he is anywhere near the squad. Unfortunatley that shows the quality of the England squad or lack of it. I would much prefer Scott sinclair or that Dyer from Swansea to be given a go before Downing! Also I cant believe that Adam Johnson is in the squad, very good player indeed one of the better players however I am a great believer in if your not playing first team football for your club then you should be nowhere near a national call up.

Guest blueboy122

If the likes of Tom Clevery are getting call ups then I am sure that if Ross Barkley played week in week out for us that he would be included in that squad as when he has played he has looked alot more promising than Clevery in my opinion.

Not that it would ever be likey but judged on todays performance would you want Stuart Pearce as full time England manager? I think that the answer from many would be no.

(England trail at the moment 2-0 for those that are interested due to goals from Robben and Huntelaar with around 30 minutes left in the game).

Not that it would ever be likey but judged on todays performance would you want Stuart Pearce as full time England manager? I think that the answer from many would be no.

(England trail at the moment 2-0 for those that are interested due to goals from Robben and Huntelaar with around 30 minutes left in the game).

The biggest problem I can see is, who the hell are England really missing tonight, obviously Rooney, but if we are talking about 'retiring' the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, then the lads on the pitch are England's future and to be honest, I don't think they are a patch on the out going players. In my eyes only sturrige comes close(and baines :) )

I honestly don't think it matters, it's the mentality we have in this country which is the reason we will never win anything. Take the Dutch for example, they had i think 9 players last night who had/have played for the Ajax academy at some point. so they all generally play the same way and are taught to play the same style of 'Total Football' or basically short passing, quick movement, the spanish play a similar style of game right through all the La Liga, if its Barca or Valencia or whoever it's all the same, so that when the internationals come round like the Dutch they all just fit together in the team like a jigsaw, even in Serie A all the teams are very defensive, its the same style through the clubs in the league.

Our problem with our Premiership is that the teams participating play such a varied styles of game, you have a team like Arsenal who play the spanish/dutch style then only a few league places away you will have a team like Stoke or even us at times, who will just hoof the ball from end to end, there is no consistent factor running through the teams, styles are so varied in this country which means when the internationals come round, you have player 1 who is used to smashing the ball out of defence up to his striker, now being told to pass 6-10 yard balls across the ground, it just does'nt work, we have deep rooted problems that start in youth football and we still have managers around who seem to think tough and quick is all a player needs, skill players are still getting pushed to one side, i honestly don't see us winning anything in the near future

Edited by theprisoner

England caretaker manager Stuart Pearce insists he will be happy to take control for Euro 2012 - but does not believe he is the long-term option.

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17215698)

The full story is there and I have to admit that he would not be my first choice as the England manager, I believe there is better out there and whilst I fully understand that he is not putting himself in the shop window for the FA I believe that he is not the man to take us to Euro 2012.

Is it just me or is it looking more and more unlikely that Harry will be the new England manager? He is the name on everyone's lips but I thought that something would have come out by now, the FA have said that they will only hire the manager towards the back of the season which would suit Harry although it does imply that he would be signed before the current campagin is over which is not what he had planned. Given the dip on form from his Spurs side though he may be more inclined to leave rather than stick it out - who knows...

It's also interesting to know that one of the candidates is foreign (which dosen't bother me - if they can bring success to England then so be it).

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17263985)

Full story there fellas'

Harry all the way IMO, it would not surprise me whatsoever if he had a "relationship" with pearce right now as to what players he's picking etc

Be a difficult one to deal with if he has to leave his nephew out... I am predicting an international retirement message from Lamps any time soon...

• 10 months later...

I'm worried that Brazil are going to take the piss out of us a little bit. They're nowhere near as good as they were but are still a strong force with the likes of Neymar in their team and it's been reported that Luke Steele (Middlesboro) has been called up to aid with injury problems as a lot of our normal squad are injured for next week...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2273178/England-begin-training-Wembley-friendly-Brazil.html#axzz2JwOfIqyU

Ronaldinho has also been called up for Brazil too for the special friendly.

Im quite optimistic about this tbh, Dont see a lot of threats apart from Neymar and the 2 full backs Alves and marcelo. Be interesting to see how Bainsey does against Alves actually! They dont have much in CM, i think its the likes of Kaka (past it, but never rated him anyway tbh) Motta (such a "meh" player) and Lucas (decent player) who usually play there for them and i think thats a position we could really exploit. Hope walker plays instead of Johnson though, every time i see johnson play for england he looks a liability defensively.

I'll get a backlash, but fuck it, in that I can't see beyond it's another largely pointless fixture. I'd much rather focus on domestics and keep our run going and concentrate on what's really important such as a European place, or more, instead of another boring international game that doesn't mean much

If it was in Rio De Janeiro I'd favor Brazil, but on home territory, I think England will actually win it.

As always, effective against the big sides, poor against lesser national teams.

England to win on the night, even if it is a meaningless and unnecessary game above all else.

Last England win was March 1990 in a 1 - 0 win at Wembley stadium. Lineker got the only goal.

Scotland also beat (then world champions) Argentina by the same score at Hampden Park that night if memory serves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9851974/England-v-Brazil-Wayne-Rooneys-one-man-team-pose-no-threat-to-Brazils-World-Cup-chances-says-Neymar.html

What an arrogant twat, maybe he should look at his own team because Brazil at the moment are total wank. England may not be the team they once were but IMO they're a step above the Brazilians. I really hope we win the game now, just to piss him off.

I'm just going to divorce myself from this game now, as it's about to commence apparently, and I have zero interest in this, but have to admit, would enjoy a Brazil victory if they can manage it. Feeling a bit apprehensive about some of the awful piece of shit news publications tomorrow in the event of an England win and nauseating saturation coverage, even if it is, a nothing fixture all said, that won't mean much.

Have to say, people always say Brazil 1982 were the best side never to win the World Cup.

Not so. It was Hungary in 1954, and after that, the Netherlands in 1974, some will remember.

Flicking between the England game and the Portugal one because of Mrs Zoo. From what I've seen England have been the better of the two, we've made look Brazil look very average and Jack Wilshire has been a class act from the first minute, he's really turning into a great player and if he can carry this form into the World Cup we'll have a great asset in our arsenal.

Oh and Phil Neville needs to choose his words more carefully, he's both wrong and inconsiderate.

Everton captain and former England international Phil Neville on Twitter: "100 caps for England is an amazing achievement by Ashley Cole. The best left-back this country has produced in my opinion, well done."

How dare he.

Followed it up with

image_normal.jpgphil neville18@fizzer18

Bainesy is at ashley coles level now his performances the last 3 seasons have been consistently outstanding!

I have to say I wish Roy H and his cronies would retire and let a younger, braver manager have a go.

I've seen nothing from this guy as England manager that suggests he is his own man, and all he is doing is the 'same old same old' with the old school prefects and top 4 brand names.

Sick to death of watching Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Johnson, etc wearing England shirts. I'm not sure also why Cleverley gets picked, as he hasn't impressed me at all yet.

I'm sorry to say I fell asleep tonight, and woke up to see us leading 2-1, before falling asleep again.

That's how enthused I've become watching these wankers play.

I think Hodgson has been a breath of fresh air as an england manager - really impressed. He isn't posing, arrogant, or over complicating things - he has been excellent.

He has experimented wisely, has had a tougher hand than previous managers as he has had to contend with the break up of a central defensive parnership which was seen as one of the best. He goes about his business well, he is articulate in his interviews and has the respect of the press.

Put it this way, he is the one manager who was able to see what Osman is all about and that his game is totally suited to the international game. He has the bottle to bring in Baines ahead of the best defensive left back in the world. He has brought in Wishire and Cleverley whilst dropping the likes of Lampard and Barry - focusing on our long term strategy.

Simon - seriously watch Wilshire closely, he has the lot, can tackle, covers the ground, his technical ability is the best i've seen from an english midfielder since gazza. He always makes an effort to be positive in his play, offers his team mates and option, drifts into space - runs with the ball and can pick a pass like an iniesta.

I think Hodgson has been a breath of fresh air as an england manager - really impressed. He isn't posing, arrogant, or over complicating things - he has been excellent.

He has experimented wisely, has had a tougher hand than previous managers as he has had to contend with the break up of a central defensive parnership which was seen as one of the best. He goes about his business well, he is articulate in his interviews and has the respect of the press.

Put it this way, he is the one manager who was able to see what Osman is all about and that his game is totally suited to the international game. He has the bottle to bring in Baines ahead of the best defensive left back in the world. He has brought in Wishire and Cleverley whilst dropping the likes of Lampard and Barry - focusing on our long term strategy.

Simon - seriously watch Wilshire closely, he has the lot, can tackle, covers the ground, his technical ability is the best i've seen from an english midfielder since gazza. He always makes an effort to be positive in his play, offers his team mates and option, drifts into space - runs with the ball and can pick a pass like an iniesta.

I just think with Wilshire he is the 'man of the moment' more than anything, it will change to someone else before long, although i do agree with you that he covers a hell of a lot of ground during the match, but i find him greedy and he often is looking to run straight at goal when there is another ball on if you watch him. I will watch out for him a bit more from now on and see how he does.

Got a win was it. Did they win the World Cup now or something ?

Didn't like it, and couldn't even be bothered with any horrible piece of shit news publications and their delusions of grandeur.

At least it's another boring pointless fucking unnecessary 'friendly' out the way and back to what really matters in way of domestics.

Got damn irritated but is it even worth the trouble.