IGNORED

England

Friendlies are not irrelevent, they show where a team is up to. We showed that we can totally out-class the Brazilians and on the basis of that performance we can go into the World Cup with pride. A lot of positives came from the game (like Hafnia said) and we can only build on them to get better.

• 1 month later...

Where were you on this day?

Lyme Regis in Dorset.

Was the last Saturday before Josh started "proper" school and I'd agreed to a day out without consulting the calendardry.png .

Nipped into a pub to check the final score but saw none of the goals.....though I heard most of the first half in the car so it was 1-1 as far as I knew. Bloke in the pub told me it was 5-1 and I initially assumed it was Germany that got the five; nearly fell over when he explainedtongue.png.

Lyme Regis in Dorset.

Was the last Saturday before Josh started "proper" school and I'd agreed to a day out without consulting the calendar:dry: .

Nipped into a pub to check the final score but saw none of the goals.....though I heard most of the first half in the car so it was 1-1 as far as I knew. Bloke in the pub told me it was 5-1 and I initially assumed it was Germany that got the five; nearly fell over when he explained:P.

Was it not one of Sven-göran Erikssons first games in charge of England?

I think it was a Dietmear Hamann goal too that won it for them (might be wrong) and Keegan resigned shortly after. Sven was the first England manager that I really remember and thought he did a good job, I think his first game in charge actually was a 3-0 win over Spain in which Barmby & Ehiogu were amogst the scorers.

Ferdinand re-called to the England squad.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Foster, Hart, Forster.

Defenders: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Dawson, Ferdinand, Johnson, Smalling, Walker.

Midfielders: Carrick, Cleverley, Gerrard, Lampard, Lennon, Milner, Osman, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Young.

Strikers: Defoe, Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck.

The new kit has been leaked too..

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/9c3744d7-a7dc-4c8e-9e59-6849ce590ef2/

Edited by Zoo

Baines dropped for Cole....

England: 1. Joe Hart, 2. Glen Johnson, 3. Ashley Cole, 4. Steven Gerrard ©, 5. Joleon Lescott, 6. Chris Smalling, 7. James Milner, 8. Michael Carrick, 9. Danny Welbeck, 10. Wayne Rooney, 11. Tom Cleverley.

insane..... We playing tonight???

Baines dropped for Cole....

England: 1. Joe Hart, 2. Glen Johnson, 3. Ashley Cole, 4. Steven Gerrard ©, 5. Joleon Lescott, 6. Chris Smalling, 7. James Milner, 8. Michael Carrick, 9. Danny Welbeck, 10. Wayne Rooney, 11. Tom Cleverley.

How the heck was that team picked?

Hodgson is playing it safe like all the others, and though I expect us to win, it's not the managerial decisions I want to see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296378/New-England-Nike-kit-Leaked-image-rumoured-away-shirt.html

This is apparantly the new England away shirt, I posted an earlier picture of the leaked home one.

Red is a very risky colour to expect fans to wear, as much as nobody owns colours, and Everton should wear red for a season just to prove they can, ha ha.

Hodgson should have made changes.

These are nowhere near our best players, and Hodgson is not a strong enough personality for these muppets.

Never have I watched such a clueless England performance. It's one thing getting rid of the old school, but these guys are not the answer.