IGNORED

Sunderland (Home) FA Cup 6th round

MikeO

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this game sell out do you reckon, and is it likely to get moved to the Sunday for Sky?

Unlikely to sell out I'd have thought, the tickets will certainly go on general sale at some point.

Won't get moved for Sky because they have no FA Cup rights but ITV and ESPN will piss around with the schedule.

Helpfully, the FA site confirms...

"Ties to be played over the weekend of 17 March. Match may be scheduled for the Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday."

Excuse my ignorance Mike, the FA cup only gets shown on ITV London up here, and you need Sky to watch it, hence why I said Sky, apologies. I had a look on the FA Cup website, though I was just interested in the opinions of the fans.

Nothing to excuse matesmile.png .

Opinion is that you'll get tickets without too much problem but when they'll be for is (as this stage) anyone's guess.

Avoided Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs and got a home game....I know Sunderland have been much better recently but we couldn't have ask for much more.

Not having a go at you Mike but I don't see why everyone wanted to avoid Chelsea. It's obvious that they are a pile of wank this season and even if we got them at Stamford Bridge I'd fully expect us to go there and get through. It could be a lot worse (Liverpool, Tottenham) and it could be a lot better (Bolton, Leicester) but I think we will progress if we have our heads screwed on.

Sunderland's form counts for nothing when Everton have a good day at Goodison. Wembley is on the horizon!

Unlikely to sell out I'd have thought, the tickets will certainly go on general sale at some point.

Won't get moved for Sky because they have no FA Cup rights but ITV and ESPN will piss around with the schedule.

Helpfully, the FA site confirms...

"Ties to be played over the weekend of 17 March. Match may be scheduled for the Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday."

I think it'll sell out or come very close. Sunderland will bring 6000 and there's a good chance of progressing so people will be up for it. If anything you'll get people wanting to go in order to get a better chance of qualifying for wembley tickets....if we get there.

Can anyone remember how many tickets could be purchased per season ticket for 09's semi's?

i think thats a bit unfair mikeo it was live on telly,maybe they didnt do cheap tkts like we did,also well done to everton for getting their prices right.

Half empty ground against a top team with the winner being a game away from Wembley?

Don't think I'm being unfair at all.

Half empty ground against a top team with the winner being a game away from Wembley?

Don't think I'm being unfair at all.

I agree it was shite. Taking their form into account I was very surprised to see such a poor turnout, regardless of ticket price. I was impressed arsenal brought as many as they did, fair play to them.

23,000 empty seats at the Stadium of Light yesterday v Arsenal.

Sunderland fans don't deserve to go any further.

Average Premier League crowds this season

Everton 33100

Sunderland 38461

Sunderland deserve far more than Everton based on that wink.png Especially when you consider how bleedin awful we've been since about 1956

Not having a go at you Mike but I don't see why everyone wanted to avoid Chelsea. It's obvious that they are a pile of wank this season and even if we got them at Stamford Bridge I'd fully expect us to go there and get through. It could be a lot worse (Liverpool, Tottenham) and it could be a lot better (Bolton, Leicester) but I think we will progress if we have our heads screwed on.

Sunderland's form counts for nothing when Everton have a good day at Goodison. Wembley is on the horizon!

Your form counts for nothing when we play you, you always end up far more often than not thrashing us.

Should be an interesting game though, two teams whose recent form has picked up and two teams who like to have a few strong challenges. Still can't see us winning though, maybe it's because I can't remember our last win at your place. It was probably Micky Bridges scoring back in the mid-nineties. I can't think of any wins other than that one.

The 7-1 from a few seasons back would do me nicely. I do believe that Sunderland are on the up and have a nice side but I woulden't swap it for ours, our players are surely good enough to get a win and I believe that we will have a place in the Semi Final when it comes around later in the season. The home advantage I feel is something that will benefit us greatly (when was the last time we had all our cup games at home)?

I hope and pray that we avoid Liverpool as they are doing really well in the FA Cup this year but whatever happens happens.

Everton 33100

Sunderland 38461

Sunderland deserve far more than Everton based on that wink.png Especially when you consider how bleedin awful we've been since about 1956

I thought we were talking about the cuphuh.png(I was anyway....it was kind of my point) .

Everton v Blackpool...37,384 (about 4,000 empty seats....the vast majority restricted views in our ageing stadium).

Sunderland v Arsenal...26,042 (about 23,000 empty seats....not too many resticted views in a stadium as new as the stadium of light presumably).

Everton 33100

Sunderland 38461

I can't stand attendance arguments when you have a larger stadium than us and that allows your average to go up.

I think we can do well with this one. Sunderland have been doing well but so have we, especially at home.

I thought we were talking about the cuphuh.png(I was anyway....it was kind of my point) .

Everton v Blackpool...37,384 (about 4,000 empty seats....the vast majority restricted views in our ageing stadium).

Sunderland v Arsenal...26,042 (about 23,000 empty seats....not too many resticted views in a stadium as new as the stadium of light presumably).

My friend called up at 1pm Saturday afternoon for a ticket and was told the game had sold out, so i an only presume the missing seats were from people who couldnt make it? Im not sure..

And with the blackpool game either sold out or near enough capacity then i can only see Sunderland being the same, if its not on T.V of course.

4 home games so far this FA cup campaign, we arent going to be that lucky very often, especially drawn against lower/equal opposition every round, make it count, we wont get a better chance!

Im dreaming of a Merseyside final, just like the good old days

Sunderland may also fancy their chances but I think the home advantage will be the crucial factor

And with the blackpool game either sold out or near enough capacity then i can only see Sunderland being the same, if its not on T.V of course.

Sure you're right but sure it'll go to general sale first so there shouldn't be a problem getting a ticket (as long as you don't leave it until two hours before KOtongue.png !).

Think all the quarter finals are on live TV btw....two on ESPN and two on ITV; certainly that was the case last year.

We had 38384 on Saturday. The game was sold out by 1pm...the 1800 empty seats came from the Blackpool end + segregation.

As for the game I think we'll nick it 2-1. They've been impressive under o'neill and have plenty of pace upfront, can't see us twatting them I'm afraid!

I hope we don't get the early Sunday kickoff, anything else I'd be happy with.