IGNORED

Sunderland (Home) FA Cup 6th round

MikeO

We made Sunderland look good in the first 10-15 minutes and they looked like they could have put four or five past us. The Everton defence went to sleep for the free-kick (as did the ITV camera-crew) and we paid the penalty, it was a great strike from Bardsley and one which Cahill very nearly got in the way of but ultimatly it was our defence's fault for allowing Phil to get the shot away.

Our goal was superb - nice header towards goal from Jelly and a nice header soon after from TC. Since the goal we have looked the better side and I believed it was only a matter of time before we would be 2-1 up. I just hope the boys can come out in the second half and show these Sunderland XI what we are all about.

Bit cheese off we didn't get a penalty early on too, all day Drenthe should have been rewarded for going to ground, special mention goes out to Phil Neville too - he's having a cracking game and I had to laugh at Fellaini's 45 yard strike on goal! Quality.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything seems to be going straight at their keeper but at least we are creating the chances.

Coleman & Osman have been below their best today and it looks like the former is coming off (10mins too late imo).

The ref has been dishing out some really soft bookings especially to our centre halfs. Been really impressed with them two though, Distin has been immense!

Everything seems to be going straight at their keeper but at least we are creating the chances.

Coleman & Osman have been below their best today and it looks like the former is coming off (10mins too late imo).

The ref has been dishing out some really soft bookings especially to our centre halfs. Been really impressed with them two though, Distin has been immense!

Neither should have been yellows, refs is an amateur

Well fuck that mellow.png

So Moyes made a mess on tuesday and saved all his best for today, "let's treat the derby with contempt and focus on the FA cup where we can really put on a performance"

Sorry did i watch a different game today, two games, two disappointments

We can still reach the semi finals but are going to have to do it the hard way, some things never change

We should beat these anywhere.

Exactly my thoughts Mike.

We would have won that tie had it not been from a moment of class from Migneloet (sp) to deny both Heitinga and Jelavic. I think we were robbed by the referee today because we had at least three clear cut penalties which were refused, had we got only one of them we would have our name in the hat for the next round.

The Stadium of Light does not worry me, Sunderland were shit today and are bloody lucky to still be in the cup. I think we will tonk them at their place.

All that bullshit we had to take on Tuesday for this, what was a massive game and they performed like this! Thought Drenthe was shite and almost cost us a goal when he was arguing with the lines man, Osman looked fucked after 20 minutes and Seamus was shocking, especially going forward. Such a missed opportunity with Sessegnon and Cattermole out, really cant see us getting anything at their place.

I think we were robbed by the referee today because we had at least three clear cut penalties which were refused, had we got only one of them we would have our name in the hat for the next round.

Two clear cut for me (and we are in the hat)smile.png .

Not being pessimistic but it's going to be damn tough in the north east for this replay, Sunderland will be favorites now, although it'll probably be winners against Liverpool in the semi-finals so if we're fucked if we do and fucked if we don't I really feel right now. Above all else you have to say today was a missed opportunity, I can't look beyond that

Where was this superlative, outstanding performance and game some were expecting after the garbage of tuesday night, team and players were expected to give something back today, a semi-final place to make up for the other night etc, they couldn't even do that. Nice work again Mr Moyes dry.png