IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

I'm sure it's not escaped anyone's notice that this is a big one for several reasons.

1. Day before Davey's ten year anniversary.

2. Win would take us above Liverpool and....

3. Into a potential Europa spot and..

4. Give us the forty points that we need to avoid the inevitable relegation fight some were talking about a couple of months backrolleyes.gif .

We're playing pretty well....Liverpool were (again) dire today by all accounts so only one result then?

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win

Howard

Neville Heitinga Distin Baines

Drenthe Rodwell Fellaini Coleman/Pienaar

Osman

Jelavic

Lose

*Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Heitinga Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

Jelavic

Their 12th man is Dowd for this one. Not the best, but non of them are.

1-2 Kuyt pen for them, Jelavic and Rodwell for us

Edited by pete0

They must be suffering a hangover from winning the Mickey Mouse final a week or two ago, clubs do that sometimes

Really pleased to see them struggling lately in the league and If only we could add to that on Tuesday it really would be something. Moyes' last game in charge before the 10th anniversary and what an opportunity to make it a celebration to remember too

This could be a mammoth fixture for both as momentum is everything sometimes and if we were to win and add to the recent glory that would put us in good heads going into the 6th round coming up and focus on a european place that looked so distant a week or two back

Liverpool may have a won a trophy this season but they're no world class opposition and Dalglish is not the savior that some may have envisaged. They can be beaten next week, Anfield or not. I really hope we can do it, and add to the respective clubs recent league forms. Let's add some more misery to the Anfield snides and keep our own recent good working going

We have to be confident and go for it. I hope Moyes doesnt go cautios and play loads of defensive midfielders. I would put Peanuts on left play Sheamus right back and i would keep Tim in for sixty minutes due to the fact he has a good record against the shite. I would be happy with a point but we are due a win there aren't we? 1-2 Jelavic and Felli with the winner

I hope Coates(Cahill would be this kids nightmare), Carragher(past it), Adam, Henderson, Spearing, Gerard(past it), Suarez(lowest strike rate in the prem) all play. Non of these players are anywhere near good enough to be playing in a Merseyside derby and 'king Kenny deserves punishing(thanked by all Evertonians) for letting the side get so poor. Only fear is Bellamy, but cant see him starting 2 games in such a short space of time.

Looking forward to see who the echo squeeze out the kopite side into a merseyside 11 at the end of the season.

1-2 Kuyt pen for them, Jelavic and Rodwell for us

Of all the ways they'll score surely a penalty is one of the least likely!

not because they won't get one but because they're absolutely hopeless at scoring them! I thought the stat was higher as i've just looked it up and in the league they're 1 scored from 5 but they may have missed other pens in the 2 cups. That's been with different takers as well and their penalty shoot out in the LC final was hardly top draw either!

Paddy Power giving 12/1 on Liverpool to miss a Penalty, I'll have me a bit of that.

Just scanning a few red forums....they're really not at all confident about this.

They also really hate Charlie Adam.

("I'd like to see Adam locked out of the ground....

I have no idea what formation we should play, or which players should start, as we pose little genuine goal threat no matter what formation, or players start...

This is not a game for Carroll. Despite the fact he is the size of a wrestler, he is as physical as a wilted piece of lettuce. Everton would just roughhouse him, and he would just start bitching at the ref, when he should be pushing the defenders around with his sheer size and strength.").

We'll lose.

This will be the team (based on substitute appearances VS Spurs)

Howard

Hibbert - Jagielka - Distin - Baines

Heitinga - Neville

Coleman ------------------------- Osman

Fellaini ------ Cahill

You just know it sad.png

This is 'Reliable' Everton to Moyes...The perfect setup for a Derby.

Edited by tenaciousj

I hate derbies, even if they fielded a team of ronnie rosenthals I would find it difficult to get confident.

Be a great time to beat them, their so-called superstars are being slated, King Kenny is more of a court jester and in general they are just a miserable bunch who can't see any reason to be cheery despite having just won a trophy.

I would personally like to see Jelavic and Straq play to give their defense a torrid time, bring Tim on for the last 20 minutes to further batter them physically.

Heits and distin at the back, hibbert right back, baines left back., felli, ossie, coleman, drenthe in midfield

plenty of hard work and aggression there

We'll lose.

Howard

Heitinga - Neville

Fellaini ------ Cahill

You just know it sad.png

I know Moyes is very defensive but I don't see him dropping Jelavic to play Cahill and Fellaini in attack!

I also don't see Heitinga and Neville playing together in midfield! come on man i know were negative at times but that's a piss take team.

Jelavic will start, as will Pienaar.

I'd like to see him stick with heitinga and Distin at the back, they've been doing well and Jags really hasn't had the game time to throw him in for this game.

I'd probably go with a similar team to the Spurs game but bring in Pienaar for Drenthe or Coleman.

We'll lose.

Howard

Heitinga - Neville

Fellaini ------ Cahill

You just know it sad.png

Slightly Harsh Ten. I think the subs against spurs were because we were under the cosh for most of that half, and like Moyes said in his interview, if we couldnt keep the ball, it was a case of keeping them out. I was full of praise for Moyes after the starting 11 against spurs, and if Osman and Coleman were fully fit, i think we maybe could have carried our 45 min performance on for a bit longer. Oh and Pienaar will be back for this which is a big bonus.

Im hoping for the same starting 11 as the Spurs game, apart from Pienaar in for Drenthe or Coleman

...come on man i know were negative at times but that's a piss take team.

Is it? Normally that team would play in Away Games as follows:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/14958201

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15045708

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15504063

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15504063

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/15908075

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/16240466

As examples from this year really. If you were to swap out Saha for Cahill (in some matches which he wasn't included), i'm not that far wrong and i certainly wasn't taking the piss. I was being genuine. Moyes likes to play those 'commited' players in Derby's, when have we played flair against Liverpool? He has in several games this year played two DM's, with Nev and Heits as holding, many could voutch for that!

If Jags doesn't play, i'd be very suprised.

If fit, these players are guaranteed: Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Baines, Howard, Osman, Cahill, Fellaini

So three spaces left (possibles) Coleman, Piennar, Heitinga, Distin, Rodwell...

So who do you think we'll play?

Edited by tenaciousj

Moyes should not tinker with the defence - until performances demand otherwise distin and heitinga for me. If I see Heitinga in midfield again I will go livid, we have options there and he is not one of them IMO.

Jelavic and Straq could be a throwback to the days of Rideout and Big Dunc - two big bustling strikers, a centre halves nightmare.

Actually, I am looking forward to this game!

Pienaar back would be good for me! If he'd been playing in that first half against Spurs, I think we would have been more than one up by halftime.

If we could play the whole game Tuesday like we did in THAT first half, I think we would be too good for them....but this is luckypool, we will probably end up with ten men (Fellaini most likely to be on the end of some dives).

They have the money and they have a king, but the passion may well be all Blue, we will need it against their highly paid mega stars.

This could be the game for Cahill, he needs to prove his starting place, a couple of goals at the kop end wouldn't hurt!

It wouldn't suprise me if we did win....just can't see us getting through the game without getting a player sent off, and the rs diving for a penalty or three.

The clever money will be on the draw, I'd take that and a win over Sunderland than the other way round.

I think whatever the result Dalglish is treading water and should never have gone back.The knives will be out for him by the end of the season, a win for us Tuesday would just make it happen sooner....shame because I'd like him to stay for liferolleyes.gif

If we show the fight we've shown at the last few home games, which there's no reason not to in a derby match, then we will win. Suarez is their only player who's capable of creating openings. After that, their best threats are:

- Skrtel from set pieces

- Gerrard from direct FKs if he plays

- Suarez diving to win penalties

If we defend even half as well as we have in those home matches, where Mata, Silva, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor, Aguero, Nasri etc etc all failed to break us down, Mr. Bucktooth won't even get a look in up front because their dog shit midfield of Henderson, Downing, Adam and Spearing will barely manage to make it as far as Fellaini and Rodwell when they attack. As long as Drenthe and Pienaar track back to cover their full backs, particularly Johnson (Although I've read that he's a doubt), their "threat" out wide is non existent, and with that in mind I'd be perfectly happy to play Drenthe to get at them instead of Coleman and his defensive abilities.

They're missing Agger still, unless he makes a miracle recovery, which means either Coates or Carragher will be playing in central defence alongside Skrtel, and Osman and Jelavic will have too much for them if Saturday is anything to go by. Baines contributed to a lot of our attacks in the first half against Spurs, and if he can carry that form through to tomorrow, we'll have a huge threat down the left - the first time since Pienaar's been back that he'll be playing with Ossie and Baines - looking forward to that.

Finally, although a lot of people seem to think Enrique has been one of the best left backs in the league this year, I still think Drenthe can have him on his arse half a dozen times at the very least, and we should be able to get a couple of goals, which will be more than enough, as long as we keep an eye on Bellamy when Kenny throws him on in the last 10 minutes.

Just hope we'll line up with

.........................Howard

Hibbert....Heitinga....Distin....Baines

.........Rodwell.............Fellaini

Drenthe.........Osman...........Pienaar

......................Jelavic

Wouldn't be that upset to see Coleman instead of Drenthe, or Cahill instead of Rodwell, just as long as Ossie still has licence to get forward and cause them trouble. I'd even go as far to say that seeing Neville's name on the team sheet wouldn't worry me.

COYB

if Jags walks in and Johnny goes to midfield i will walk out of the pub.

im hoping

.................Howard.................

Hibbo / Johny / Distin / Baines

.................Felli.................

Drenthe / Ossie / Pienaar

.................Cahill.................

.................Jelly.................

Edited by Matt

We have a striker that looks like he wants to score and has a point to prove. There is no better stage to perform on for an Everton player than Anfield. He wants to win the fans over and show us and the world what he can do. I'm almost 100% that Jelavic will score tomorrow because of his work rate, his confidence and his eagerness to do well. On top of this we have a team who is determined not to lose. Furthermore, we are playing a side who don't feel confident at all and right now. Liverpool feel the pressure, what a match to turn in around for them... But i think that pressure will get to them. Its a must win for Liverpool - that fact heaps too much on them.

I was looking at the table yesterday. Everytime we play a game its always "Everton are the second lowest scorers so far this season" or "Have lacked a natural goalscorer this season". Look at Liverpool, 30 goals, 2 more than Everton. They've spent 20-odd million on a striker thats scored 6 goals in the league this season.

I never, ever feel confident about derbys, but this one I have a very very good feeling about.

I think it's a cert that nev and Cahill start for us - Gerrard and carragher for them.

Its practically set in stone.

I think this will be the starting line up.

......................Howard

Neville....Heitinga....Distin....Baines

.........Osman.............Fellaini

Drenthe.........Cahill...........Pienaar

Half of me wants Cahill to start as he loves scoring against Liverpool and it would work his confidence wonders. The other half of me wants to push Osman up behind Jelavic and slot Rodwell into CM next to Fellaini.

I can say the same for Neville and Hibbert. I wouldnt know who to pick. Neville is our captain and we would be lacking the natural leadership he has if he started. Then again - maybe we would be more confident in knowing he isnt starting from the form he has been on lately.

Its practically set in stone.

I think this will be the starting line up.

......................Howard

Neville....Heitinga....Distin....Baines

.........Osman.............Fellaini

Drenthe.........Cahill...........Pienaar

Half of me wants Cahill to start as he loves scoring against Liverpool and it would work his confidence wonders. The other half of me wants to push Osman up behind Jelavic and slot Rodwell into CM next to Fellaini.

I can say the same for Neville and Hibbert. I wouldnt know who to pick. Neville is our captain and we would be lacking the natural leadership he has if he started. Then again - maybe we would be more confident in knowing he isnt starting from the form he has been on lately.

Osman as a DCM?! no chance dude. Bit in bold is spot on though