IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

One can only hope that Moyes goes with an attacking emphasis with this one, anything can happen at a Merseyside derby fixture but teams shouldn't really sit back at Anfield and invite the opposition on to them. All that's needed is a sort of 'dogs of war' mentality and up and at 'em approach and make the short trip over with a clear objective of getting a result and that's all anyone could ask for. This is a mammoth game not only for Moyes but for both clubs, a win for us again, would be such a shot in the arm, and after recent results, QPR aside, could be some perfect momentum to take into future games, one or two which are of pivotal importance. Not really pleased about having a derby game on a tuesday night but there's not much anyone can do about it now, except roll up their sleeves and go out to win. They are beatable at Anfield and are no great side at the moment, winning a piss pot nothing piece of silverware does not constitute a good side. Feeling quietly confident about tomorrow actually

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osman as a DCM?! no chance dude. Bit in bold is spot on though

Well I put him along side Fellaini because I couldnt be arsed arsing around with the formation haha. I'd have him in a CM role not defensive at all. However, I do hope if he starts then he starts behind Jelavic, he always looks boss behind a striker but has never really been given a proper chance because as we all know, Moyes picks favorites.

Am i the only one who wants Coleman at right back? ok defensively not the best but neither is Baines but he would give something for the opposition wingers to worry about

Everytime Coleman plays RB I shit myself when he's about to tackle the opposition in our box because he can be really clumsy.If he was good at defending imagine how good our wings would be with Baines and Coleman supporting Pienaar and Drenthe. Baine's isn't a bad defender at all IMO, although lets face it his strongest attribute is going forward.

Under Team News on BBC's preview for the derby they have written -

"Everton's weekend match-winner Nikica Jelavic could revert to the bench ahead of an anticipated feisty encounter."

What do you think the odds are on Jela starting the game tonight? I think Moyes would be daft not to.

Just wanted to add I was looking at the table and it is more than possible to coupe 22 points out of the 33 points that are available. Arsenal and United are the most difficult teams we have left and I'm sure we could get at the very least a point from those two teams. Sunderland who look to finish in and around 7th still have City at home, United and Spurs to play. Fulham behind us still have to play United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. There is absolutely no reason why we cant finish the season in 6th or 7th. Maybe even 5th if Chelsea don't pick any form up but i highly doubt that we can push that far, maybe if we would have started the season a little bit sooner!

I cant wait. Bring it on!

Edited by AidanLewis

I think with players such as baines, drenthe, pieneer, Colman, osman, jelly, we have the potental to attack them hard and fast and scare the living daylights out of them! It's down to Moyes though to instill this in tonight's formation and tactics!

Well I put him along side Fellaini because I couldnt be arsed arsing around with the formation haha. I'd have him in a CM role not defensive at all. However, I do hope if he starts then he starts behind Jelavic, he always looks boss behind a striker but has never really been given a proper chance because as we all know, Moyes picks favorites.

Fair enough mate. Id have him supporting the striker every time. Tonight id probably swap Tim with Straq though, someone who will close down their players and run himself ragged then bring Cahill on for the last 20.

Am i the only one who wants Coleman at right back? ok defensively not the best but neither is Baines but he would give something for the opposition wingers to worry about

Not for me either Trev, Distin has had to cover for Baines on several occassions this year, having Heitinga/Jagielka doing the same on the other side of the pitch, also gives me the 'willies. Plus as Aidan said, Coleman is a bit of liability in defence. With that diving scum bag Suarez on the field, you only have to give him a sniff of movement in your leg for him to kick out and dive around. Coleman will be lunging into everything, he's a commited player, Suarez would have a field day. Add to that Stevie G, Charlie Adam and possibly Maxi...potential diving opportunities all over the field.

I just hope, its (diving) snubbed out early on and Marriner takes no shit. If he gets decieved early on and calls wrong decisions, it'll be a one way game (IMO).

Given Moyes abysmal record at anfield he has to change his approach, too often we have turned up looking like the crazy gang, decisions go against us with our 'enthusiastic style' - Liverpool end up passing it around us and generally make us look like a group of pitbulls chasing greyhounds.

Don't get me wrong I love a bit of blood and thunder - but we have some players there who can really play, coupled with players like straq and jelavic - we have the physical prescence to cause the unrest where it matters.

If fellaini can stay out of trouble and avoid an early yellow then we have a chance of winning the midfield battle.

Just hope the referee and suarez in particular aren't the talking points...

CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE A FULLY FIT SQUAD TO CHOOSE FROM , FORM OUT THE WINDOW BUT THE LADS WE HAVE AVAILABLE TODAY DAVEY MUST BE CONFIDENT, TOUGH HE DID SAY HE WOULD TAKE A POINT ??NOT SURE ABOUT THAT, SANDBAGING DAVEY ?? WITH A WIN, SEND THEM AND THERE EGO'S THE WRONG WAY, GO ABOVE THEM, BUT WHAT A PRESI FOR DM ON HIS 10TH ANNIV, THE BOYS MUST DO IT FOR HIM, THATS WHY I THINK IT MUST BE OUR TURN TONIGHT !!! LOVE TO SEE JOHNNY PUT GERRARD ON HIS ASS 1 OR 2 TIMES TONIGHT, GO JOHNNY GO

very true, but having him higher up the pitch supporting the striker means ball to foot of the striker.

I disagree. Osman doesn't do a good job of supporting the striker because his natural instinct is to drop into the middle of the park. He does it when he's played on the wing and he does it when he's the attacking midfielder. The last thing we want tonight is Jelavic being isolated against Skrtel and whoever his partner is. Play him alongside Fellaini where he'll have much more space to run into and make things happen.

That being said, I don't want Cahill up there either because all he's going to do is give away fouls (that's all he does these days) and that's not going to help us.

Cahill on the bench for me, no longer has the legs or the spring to impact a game from start, impact sub yes - not at the beginning.

Osman in midfield please, let him decide when he goes up to support the attack - the lads got a fine footballing brain and as long as felli is there ready for any counter attacks we are good. Ossie will take the ball from heitinga and start play from there, bringing others into play. Ossies best games have been in centre mid (Man United?)

There's talk that Jelavic might only make the bench tonight, i fear for quite a negative game from our point of view, whereas haf says we need to go for it tbh, big games are needed from the likes of Felli and Osman and Baines, hopefully it will be a good game and not remembered for the wrong reasons

He ran himself to the floor on Saturday, makes sense for Straq to take over and do the same. Hopefully bring Jelavic on early in the second half

I'd like to see Stracq play to tire out the Liverpool defence and then bring Jelly on so that he can go full throttle against a weak opponant. I'm really nervous about this game because I believe we are favourites, it's just that form dosen't count for much in a big derby and I really, really can't predict this one. It's going to be a bumpy ride and one which I'm not looking forward to.

What channel is it being broadcast on peeps?

I'd like to see Stracq play to tire out the Liverpool defence and then bring Jelly on so that he can go full throttle against a weak opponant. I'm really nervous about this game because I believe we are favourites, it's just that form dosen't count for much in a big derby and I really, really can't predict this one. It's going to be a bumpy ride and one which I'm not looking forward to. What channel is it being broadcast on peeps?

sky sports 1

Lookin forward to it

I'm really hoping for this:

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini

Osman Pienaar

Coleman Jelavic Drenthe

I'm afraid Nev and Cahill are certain to start though and we'll try to outmuscle them with long balls.

I'm really hoping for this:

Howard

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines

Fellaini

Osman Pienaar

Coleman Jelavic Drenthe

I'm afraid Nev and Cahill are certain to start though and we'll try to outmuscle them with long balls.

That would be a nice lineup, Nev needs a decent match tonight, it's a big game and he needs to perform and show why he is actually still on the pitch at times, another stinker from him, and i don't honestly see how he can start many more games, same applies to Cahill.

just coming back from injury so could do with a rest?

Did'nt look like he needed one the other day did he, and if that case surely he would have started from the bench, Spurs are a better side than LFC, so it was a harder game, we played so well in that first half the other day, the less chopping and changing the better, but then this is Moyes we are talking about.

This is where Moyes does my nut in, he applies the 'rest' and rotation to players who are genuine goalscoring threats like Jelavic yet you can bet your bottom dollar that the battered old warhorses Cahill and Neville will get at least 70 minutes tonight...

Starq and Jelavic upfront - anything other than that to start will have me a very annoyed boy.