IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

Jo at MCFC and maybe Silva at Arsenal, these are some tough questions.

Afonso Alves (Middlesbrough 8-1 Manchester City, 11th May 2008) and Robinho (Manchester City 3-0 Stoke City, 26th October 2008).

Friday 20th April 2012:

Who was the highest goalscorer in the Euro 2012 Qualifiers from a country which failed to make the Finals?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really one for International soccer and aren't even aware of all the participants for the finals in Ukraine this summer. unsure.png

Did Portugal qualify this year?, I'll say Ronaldo then, if not him then The Netherlands and Van Persie, not sure about them either that they made it.

Mikael Forssell of Finland with seven goals scored.

Saturday 21st April 2012:

Who was the last player affiliated to Leeds United at the time to score a goal for England's national team?

Could be Mills actually, I was thinking Matteo but not sure about him.

Surely not Ferdinand , that would be too far back. What about Beckford when he was there, did he get a cap for any of those trivial games they sometimes play, could be any of those but will go with the initial answer.

Matteo is Scottish and Beckford is capless - pretty sure smith is correct.

what about the goalkeeper Robinson, he played at Euro 2004 I think and was a Leeds player at the time, it's a bit of a long shot but I'll go for it.

Oh fuck it, I've just read 'scored a goal' , half asleep in my defense

Someone mentioned Bowyer, that's a real good answer and what about Milner when he was there, can't leave him out.

Milner was u21 at Leeds as they weren't in prem for long with him - don't think Bowyer earnt a cap, maybe 1 or 2 but no goal. It'll be smith just before he moved to man u. They've been in the championship since.

Yes, Alan Smith on 7th September 2002 at Villa Park in a 1-1 draw with Portugal.

England's Goals by Club Affiliation from 1872 to 2012

Sunday 22nd April 2012:

Which three English clubs did Irish midfielder Johnny Giles play for?

I'll have a quick look at Wikipedia or something because I really don't know the answer etcdry.png

To the best of my knowledge, the last question is Leeds United, Manchester United and I don't know the other, maybe Derby County. Leeds is for sure, but not confident about the other two.

The Norway card player, I'll give a bit longer, but it wasn't Berg, you have to go back to the early 1980s to find an answer

I'll have a quick look at Wikipedia or something because I really don't know the answer etcdry.png

To the best of my knowledge, the last question is Leeds United, Manchester United and I don't know the other, maybe Derby County. Leeds is for sure, but not confident about the other two.

The Norway card player, I'll give a bit longer, but it wasn't Berg, you have to go back to the early 1980s to find an answer

Manchester United (1957-1963), Leeds United (1963-1975) and West Bromwich Albion (Player-Manager 1975-1977).

Monday 23rd April 2012:

Geoff Hurst is most associated with West Ham United but what two other English clubs did he play for?

I'll be quick - I don't know and only have the faintest idea.

Must be someone in the vicinity or nearby. Leyton Orient and Fulham I'll say.

I was thinking Bournemouth too but scrap that I think.

Stoke City (1972-1975) and West Bromwich Albion (1975-1976).

Tuesday 24th April 2012:

How many different Arsenal footballers have won the PFA Footballer of the Year Awards?

Told you I didn't know.

I don't know (either) when this Footballer of the year awards thing even started so this presents an immediate problem.

Bergkamp for sure, maybe Alan Smith, could be Merson also, Van Persie could be in this, Henry too, forgot about him, maybe Anelka as well.

I don't think players like Drake and Bastin are involved in this, too far back for a Chapman era.

Told you I didn't know.

I don't know (either) when this Footballer of the year awards thing even started so this presents an immediate problem.

Bergkamp for sure, maybe Alan Smith, could be Merson also, Van Persie could be in this, Henry too, forgot about him, maybe Anelka as well.

I don't think players like Drake and Bastin are involved in this, too far back for a Chapman era.

Four - Liam Brady (1979), Dennis Bergkamp (1998), Thierry Henry (2003 & 2004) and Robin van Persie (2012).

Footballer of the Year Awards 1947-48 to 2011-12

Wednesday 25th April 2012:

Which three countries have won the African Cup of Nations three times or more?

Nigeria for sure, then maybe Ivory Coast and Cameroon.

Could be Ghana or Egypt but I'll go with the above.

Can I add, You get up to do this at some very odd hours

Egypt (7 wins), Ghana and Cameroon (4 wins each)

Thursday 26th April 2012:

Which three English League clubs was Alf Ramsey affiliated with as a player before becoming manager of Ipswich Town?

No idea really. West Ham maybe, Leyton Orient and Fulham possibly

Feel a bit embarrassed with this.

Portsmouth (1940-43), Southampton (1943-49) and Tottenham Hotspur (1949-55).

Legendary Football Players - Alf Ramsey

Friday 27th April 2012:

When was the last time that a Scottish club reached the Semi-Final of the English FA Cup?