IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day (II)

THFC6061

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday 15th May 2012:

Who is the only Italian player to win an English Premier League medal?

Balotelli

Yes, Mario Balotelli with Manchester City in season 2011-12.

Wednesday 16th May 2012:

Which country had players who participated for the first time in the Premier League during season 2011-12?

that savic is from an odd country isn't he? montenegro or summat? can't imagine many have played in the prem

Correct and vucevic from Blackburn is - not sure if it's correct but the qu does say players... sure we've had Serbia and Montenegro players in the past (wasn't kezman?) and we've got a few Serbs but not sure about montenegro's (is that right?!) since they've become independent... good shout though marco!

that savic is from an odd country isn't he? montenegro or summat? can't imagine many have played in the prem

Yes, Montenegro (Stefan Savić, Manchester City & Simon Vukčević, Blackburn Rovers).

Premier League Foreign Players 1992-93 to 2011-12

Thursday 17th May 2012:

Which of the seven ever-present Scottish Premier League clubs have used the least number of Foreign Players from 1998-2012?

Which seven are ever~present would have been a good enough question.

Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United & Motherwell would be my guesses as well as the obvious two.

Go for Motherwell as the answer to the proper question (though the "lesser" teams always seem to have a lot of unknown Europeans so the answer could well be Celtic or Rangers).

Which seven are ever~present would have been a good enough question.

Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United & Motherwell would be my guesses as well as the obvious two.

Go for Motherwell as the answer to the proper question (though the "lesser" teams always seem to have a lot of unknown Europeans so the answer could well be Celtic or Rangers).

Yes, Motherwell have used just 37 different Foreign Players during the past 14 seasons. By contrast, Rangers have used 98 during the same period.

Friday 18th May 2012:

Who were the first British club team to lose a penalty shoot-out and what was the competition?

I wasn't being (quite) serious Mr Paulo

I know full well there are unconventional bouts of boisterous behavior as much as the next person, but still feel it's unnecessary sometimes. (the warning thing), Yes I swear and curse and all that, justified most of the time, but wouldn't entertain the idea of verbally attacking any other participants as some do, there's really no sense in that. Goes on constant on various pages all over the Net, and while a good read sometimes, It's something I wouldn't do as an individual.

Was it Manchester United in 1992 with Bournemouth FA Cup rounds

Quite a bit earlier than that, although Manchester United were involved.

Hull City drew with Manchester United 1-1 after extra time in the Watney Cup Semi-Final on 5th August 1970 then lost the penalty shoot-out.

Saturday 19th May 2012:

Which three members of Ireland's UEFA Euro 2012 Finals 23-man squad play their club football outside England?