IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

Get this one up nice and early...

Can't see much beyond the Sunderland replay team for this....

Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Gibson, Gueye, Osman, Cahill, Jelavic.

Unless DM fancies Royston ahead of Maggie....which I think would be a risk. Keep him on the bench in case we need him after an hour.

Mucha/Hahnemann, Hibbert, Jagielka, Drenthe, Coleman, Anichebe, Stracq/McFadden.

All form and logic says a comfortable Everton win....but that's just not going to happen is it?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good shout with the team, i dont like the idea of drenthe starting such a game, take for instance his involvement today. The minute he entered the pitch the game was more open and richardson and who ever was that side were onto tony hibbert like a flash.

The only thing I might consider is coleman in replace of gueye incase the tie just gets the better of him, he can be a little bit weak at times until he feels his way fully into the strength of this league

Gotta be confident going in but its who turns up on the day. If we go all out from the start like we did in the last round they will find it hard to handle us. Derbys are aou who wants it most, lets hope that twat Webb dosnt fall for the usual red shite tricks getting our players sent off. I'm hopeful but not over confident. 2-0 Jelly and Tim

Pretty much My thoughts Mike...

I'm fairly confident We can do the shite this time around, We have no excuses off the back of a good run in the league and having a near if not fully fit squad to choose from.

Hopefully the lads especially Gueye can take alot of confidence from today with them into the semi as that goal should give him a big lift.

I'd say this is the best chance We have had in a long time to do the gobshites some damage and if we play to our strengths and keep a lid on Gerrard we should come through on top!

2 - 1 with Jelavic getting both nope scrap that one for Jelavic one for Gibson I'm still holding out on him hitting a 30 yard wonder goal.

I'm not confident about this at all. Liverpool are the ultimate cup team. I can see Liverpool wiping the floor with us.

why would you say things like that?? We have every reason to be confident right now, they have won a cup but they beat cardif, and they just barely beat them!

Get this one up nice and early...

Can't see much beyond the Sunderland replay team for this....

Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Fellaini, Gibson, Gueye, Osman, Cahill, Jelavic.

Unless DM fancies Royston ahead of Maggie....which I think would be a risk. Keep him on the bench in case we need him after an hour.

Mucha/Hahnemann, Hibbert, Jagielka, Drenthe, Coleman, Anichebe, Stracq/McFadden.

All form and logic says a comfortable Everton win....but that's just not going to happen is it?

Swap Jags for Distin for me otherwise, spot on.

I'm with Mikes team, but i'd have no problem if he plays Drenthe instead of Maggie.

I could see Drenthe coming in and having a blinder to put himself in the shop window.

I think someone is going to get really turned over, I see a completely one sided game. I just dont know which way.

Not excited, not nervous, i'm shitting myself!

If my maths are right, I'll have to get up at oh, round about 4:30 am to catch this. Cheers for that, FA. Think it has to be Mike's team, and if we start right out of the traps we'll take it comfortably. If we pussy foot around for the first 15 minutes though, we'll likely loose. The reds are truly shite right now, but if we let them work into the game we only cede whatever advantage our form gives us.

2-1, Jelly and Felli (I like the look of some of his recent pops from outside the box.)

The rs will have players back for this match, the big spenders can't afford to lose this one.....can they?

Blackburn could do us a few favours Tuesday night, the Yak will stick a couple past the new keeper, just to help with confidence and all that....and one or two heavy tackles wouldn't hurt....well, unless your on the end of them!

liverpool will raise their game, they always do against teams above them so it will be a battle.

Jelavic seems adept at keeping his shots low, should be a problem for the big lumbering keeper.

Chance for Moyes to show 'the king' how to motivate.

I'm with Mikes team, but i'd have no problem if he plays Drenthe instead of Maggie.

I could see Drenthe coming in and having a blinder to put himself in the shop window.

I think someone is going to get really turned over, I see a completely one sided game. I just dont know which way.

Not excited, not nervous, i'm shitting myself!

Can see us setting a Wembley high scoring record and completely embarrassing the 'King and his flock :)

I'm feeling more and more confident about this one. I know we must have about a 0% success record in recent history when we've gone into a derby as favourites, but I think we've got the players with the right attitude to turn up and do this. Heitinga and Distin have played to the same excellent standard together all season, regardless of opposition and competition, Jelavic is on fire and has injected new life into Cahill, Maggie has the opportunity to really start his Everton career with a big performance at Wembley, Neville is in his best form this season, as is Baines, Fellaini gets better and better with every game.

Cautiously optimistic I'd say, but looking at the performances of Chelsea and Spurs recently, I fancy our chances against either of them in the final.

Early goal against the Shite and I think we'll spank them. Start slowly and all it takes is a dodgy refereeing decision or a deflection and we could find ourselves behind. Moyes needs to learn from his previous "let's bide our time" approach in previous derby games and tell our players to go out there, hit them hard, hit them fast, and knock the wind out of their sails.

Edited by adziom

I'm feeling more and more confident about this one. I know we must have about a 0% success record in recent history when we've gone into a derby as favourites, but I think we've got the players with the right attitude to turn up and do this. Heitinga and Distin have played to the same excellent standard together all season, regardless of opposition and competition, Jelavic is on fire and has injected new life into Cahill, Maggie has the opportunity to really start his Everton career with a big performance at Wembley, Neville is in his best form this season, as is Baines, Fellaini gets better and better with every game.

Cautiously optimistic I'd say, but looking at the [erformances of Chelsea and Spurs recently, I fancy our chances against either of them in the final.

Early goal against the Shite and I think we'll spank them. Start slowly and all it takes is a dodgy refereeing decision or a deflection and we could find ourselves behind. Moyes needs to learn from his previous "let's bide our time" approach in previous derby games and tell our players to go out there, hit them hard, hit them fast, and knock the wind out of their sails.

I'd prefer Spurs (also Ledley King should retire after todays performance), wouldn't want a repeat of 2009 final be heart breaking to lose to them again, plus Redknapp face will be priceless when we're lifting the cup COYBs[1].gif

why would you say things like that?? We have every reason to be confident right now, they have won a cup but they beat cardif, and they just barely beat them!

He posts what he wants!

He posts what he wants!

Louis our Admin,

He'll post what he wants!

...anyways, I'm sick about this game because its Liverpool. They've been wank recently but we all know that they will turn it on and give us a game at Wembley. I'm seriously considering climbing into the cupboard on Saturday and only coming out when the match is over. I hate being the underdog at a derby, when its Wigan Warriors I love them because we have a geniune chance of winning but with Everton we are always against the odds - its awful.

Of course 12 noon is a damn stupid time for a semi final but you know what the beauts at the FA are like dry.png

I can see this being a really close run thing, No repeat of the rat faced Gerrard derby game, and no standout victory for either side, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go into extra time and spot kicks to be honest, it's going to be a difficult few days and trying not to think about it really.

Round thinks LFC are favorites, and well maybe they are, Yes they have been shit lately, but we have done quite well, but for a one off game at a neutral arena you never know what will happen.

This does represent a very good opportunity to beat them again and having something back after the Final defeats of '86 and '89 and other significant losses down the years against this opposition. Obviously Piennar will be missed at the weekend, but we have other players of caliber and what seems like a decent center forward in Jelavic, it was quite right not to risk him today.