IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

Nervous as hell...can't eat at the moment! AS some have said before, I think Jones is a better keeper (which is a shame) and everything is set up for them to win. All going bad, losing so many and *BAM* in your face, through to the final of the FA cup :(

Hate this already. But incredibly excited. I get the impression the atmosphere will be amazingly electric but incredibly spitful and bitter. Whoever loses won't be happy and I hope both sets of supporters can make Merseyside look decent by not kicking ten bells of shite out of each other, which ever way the result go's.

I just want DM to approach the game like his has done with Sunderland and forget who they were and play them as the team they are today.

Rodwell's definitely out, so he won't be coming in. I agree with Mike's team I think, best we've got. I would be tempted to have Drenthe on though, Jones does have a tendency to 'Flap', so get Drenthe popping some long shots at him from distance and Jellyman to run in for the spill, could be a good tactic.

It'll be interesting put it that way. I just hope Webb doesn't spoil it. Contentious decisions are rife at the moment, so if we can get through the 90 mins without a dive or a shit penalty shout, i'd be happy. Suarex will be on top as usual, getting covered in grass, I just hope Webb knows what he's like...

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard

Hibbo Johhny© Distin Baines

Osman Fellaini Gibson Drenthe

Cahill

Jelevic

Id play that but I couldnt see it happening meself and Osman isnt a winger but were so short on the wings and coleman isnt going to play ahead of him, on gueye would definatly bring him on but he isnt confident enough even after that performance to play the same in a semi no way. Drenthe is probably the only player they fear imo there slow as fuck like us give him a few runs at johnson and we have a chance. so wish johnny got the captaincy but its never going to happen is it.

I went on a liverpool forum to look around for a bit and they are surprisingly confident throwing around how they have not lost in the cup yet and even if they lose they are still the most successful club in england etc.

They seem to normally turn up for derbies but i think we should be able to nick this one hopefully.

some of them also feel more confident about having Jones there rather than Doni.

Carroll got a strike last night but still I don't feel intimidated or overawed or anything, it's still simply one of the biggest wastes of money in soccer history, if an Andrew Carroll of 2010 or whenever it was warrants a £35,000,000 transfer fee, then how much for a Southall of 1985, a Latchford of 1978, an Alan Ball of 1967, a Dean of 1928 etc, it's fucking ludicrous and forever will be, even Torres was madness at a price of fifty million pounds.

Is Webb the match official for the weekend then?, not entirely happy about that, all we can ask is that he does a fair and impartial job, it's all anyone could ask.

Liverpool are, and have been, for a number of years, a Cup team or club, they know full well the League championship isn't a viable objective and tend to do well in the domestic Cup tourneys, this season has been a testament to that. It's on that basis that I can't help but feel a little nervous about the weekend, Dalglish will have them fired up and prepared, and they've got this kid in goal who will want to impress, and Gerrard is a class act and orchestrates from midfield and I really don't know what will happen. The nerves have already started.

Can someone explain to me the rules regarding eligibility for cup matches? A few mates of mine said that Pienaar couldn't play because each club has to list x amount of players at the start of the competition and they can only play those specified players. Another one said if they're listed for another club in the cup they can't play. However I realised that Gibson and Jelavic are both eligible, despite Gibbo being with Man U, and both only arriving in January.

I couldn't get past the fact that 'Liverpool benefited by three dubious decisions' in their Blackburn fixture. So if I can read into that, under any normal circumstances they would have lost the game then. There will be no repeat of that at the weekend surely. Nice impartial game please and we should have enough to beat them, but still nervous and anything can happen.