IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outsider I think Everton will cruise to victory, as they are on fire and Liverpool are a complete fucking shambles

I Hope you do them and we meet in the final although I think it will be an all blue affair, and I hope you beat chelsea in the final

however if a miracle happens and we do make it then I wish you all the best but.........

any way good luck and make Dogleash a bit more miserable

Guest blueboy122

Does being cup tied also apply to the final itself?

Obviously the players are cup tied for that certain cup wheather it be second third fourth round etc or the final.

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Liverpool v Everton (FA Cup semi-final, 1230 BST)

Everton's form has been outstanding. They even had the luxury of resting players in Monday's win over Sunderland, which is something that has not really been afforded to their manager David Moyes in the past.

Apart from winning the Carling Cup, Liverpool have had a poor 2012 so far but their spirits will be lifted by the manner of Tuesday night's win at Blackburn.

It is so close to call this one and I think it is going to extra-time and penalties. I'm probably wrong but, if he plays, I just have this feeling that Liverpool's third-choice goalkeeper Brad Jones will be the difference in the shoot-out.

Jones has come into the picture from nowhere thanks to Pepe Reina and Alexander Doni being suspended. He wouldn't have believed you if you had told him two weeks ago that he had the chance of playing in a cup semi-final at Wembley.

I don't think it will be a great game, because very often these derby matches aren't - especially when there is even more at stake than just bragging rights, like there is on Saturday.

I have happy memories of playing for Liverpool at Wembley on three occasions in the 1980s - they were all good, because we won them all. They were not always great games to play in but they are great occasions.

This time around, as well as Everton are playing, Liverpool generally have the hex over Everton and I think they will shade it.

Like a lot of people connected to both clubs, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that both sets of fans have to go all the way down to Wembley for this game.

You could say to the supporters that it will be an extra £25 a ticket if you want to play it in Manchester, and that way they don't have to pay to get down to London and the Football Association still get their money.

Prediction: 1-1 (Liverpool to win on penalties)

8522.jpg

What time's your alarm set for in the morning people (those that are going)?

Was just thinking I need an earlyish night to get up at 6.45 for the F1 qualifying....but that'd be a lie-in for manylaugh.png .

Get to bed early lads....just over twenty hours to go.

My alarm is set for 2:30AM, it's hardly worth going to bed but I need to try and get some sleep at least.

Sleep will be hard to come by I'm sure....but I hope you enjoy. Defeat is just unthinkablesad.png .

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow (as well as my birthday....did I mention thatrofl.gif ?) so I'm taking the wife out for a meal in the evening....hope I'm good companyunsure.png . We need a praying smiley.

My alarm is set for 2:30AM, it's hardly worth going to bed but I need to try and get some sleep at least.

you drivin romey?

i'm workin til midnight...drivin to mum an dads after and then settin off in car with my dad at 3-4ish...can sleep in car on way down and on way back drunk as he doesn't drink :)

To all you Blues travelling down, have a safe journey and a great day.Out sing the rs please, even if we lose!

Would have felt more confident if Pienaar was playing, but whatever team Moyes puts out, we will be behind them.

I can see Cahill giving everything, it's just his sort of game.Gibson needs to test the goalkeeper early on, Fellaini needs to avoid the rs getting him sent off, Baines take the free kicks, Jelavic keep scoring...............and erm, what other advice do I have, oh yes..... WIN........ pleasecelebrate.gif

Sleep will be hard to come by I'm sure....but I hope you enjoy. Defeat is just unthinkablesad.png .

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow (as well as my birthday....did I mention thatrofl.gif ?) so I'm taking the wife out for a meal in the evening....hope I'm good companyunsure.png . We need a praying smiley.

I'm expecting to get zero sleep tbh, I could barely sleep last night with excitement!

you drivin romey?

i'm workin til midnight...drivin to mum an dads after and then settin off in car with my dad at 3-4ish...can sleep in car on way down and on way back drunk as he doesn't drink smile.png

Nah, I'm getting a coach down, leaves around half 4 but I'll leave the house around 4 to catch it.

It's going to be a very long day but hopefully a worthwhile one so we have to do it all again in May!

I'm leaving at 6....is that too late!? Driving, well mate is...

take about 3-4 hours from mum and dads with good traffic but we wanna get parked and sorted and have breakfast and shit without havin to mentally rush about so if we get there for 7-8ish we'll be good to have a couple hours wanderin

I'm expecting to get zero sleep tbh, I could barely sleep last night with excitement!

Nah, I'm getting a coach down, leaves around half 4 but I'll leave the house around 4 to catch it.

It's going to be a very long day but hopefully a worthwhile one so we have to do it all again in May!

coach full of blues or a public coach? i remember in 95 me and me dad went on train...what a long day that was startin at 5am...but fuck me the journey back was amazing

A coach full of blues. It's going to be brilliant - plenty of booze and singing!

lucky bastard...i wanted to do that but me dad wasn't for it and i couldn't let the old man go down on his own

and not sure ten to be honest tickets got delivered to me dad's so i haven't had a chance to check where the seats are! not really arsed though as long as i'm there!