IGNORED

Liverpool at Wembley

MikeO

http://www.liverpool...00252-30749457/

Very glad Howard Kendall isn't picking the team after reading this. I agree that the team picks itself apart from those 3 positions but for me Johnny has to play at the back, a case could be made for Jags or Distin playing alongside him and to be honest I don't mind which. Hibbert or Neville for RB, again cases could be made for both players and I really don't mind which. LM I think Gueye deserves his chance, I don't think Coleman has shown enough this season to warrant switching round the midfield to accomodate him and I would be reluctant to play Drenthe from the start in such a big game with question marks over his fitness and concentration/consistency.

My team for the derby would be:

Howard

Neville Jags Heitinga Baines

Felliani Gibson

Osman Cahill Gueye

Jelavic

Edited by BoroBlue

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the team you have picked there will be the one, probably with the exception of Distin coming in for Jags.

I too think Gueye deserves this chance because in recent games he has done well and is more disciplined than Drenthe. My only worry is that he does seem to get a bit nervous so hopefully he will have a positive start and that will set him up for the rest of the game. Im not really a fan of having Osman wide but he deserves his place and its the only way to fit him in. If its a draw or we are losing with after 60mins, then Drenthe has to come on. He is our game changer and I think it is all set up for him to do it, probably in the last 5 mins, jinking past a couple and then letting a thunderbolt go from 30yards to which Jones cant get anywhere near.

I hope all those going to the game have a safe journey and that there is no trouble at the ground. We can beat them if we believe we can! COYB'S!

Very glad Howard Kendall isn't picking the team after reading this.

Absolutely.

Love the man for what he did but if he thinks Jags/Distin is our best central defence pairing then he's definitely been watching through the bottom of a glass this season.

Reading here for a while but never posted til now. Wanted to hear a few opinions without derailing the discussion too much: given the opponent and the circumstance, tomorrow's tie is the biggest for Everton since __________?

Difficult one...rationally the Chelsea final in '09 was bigger because it was a final but I wasn't this wound up for sure.

Villarreal games maybe.

Ha - thanks for answering my dumb question. For some reason I was thinking that was a semi (though obviously not).

Not dumb at all mate, the fact I aren't from Liverpool probably means I don't put as much impetus on the fact this is a derby match as some of the born and bred scousers on here, so to me a final is bigger than a semi regardless of who you are playing. Although another way to look at it is we had already qualified for europe when we played that game where as this one will qualify us if we win, so you could say this is bigger from that point of view, in which case I would have to agree with MikeO and say the Villarreal champs league qualifiers.

Edited by BoroBlue

I just hope the team hold their nerve, don't pick up early yellow cards. We all know the stats about how many red cards there have been in these fixtures in recent history. If we go a man down, we're stuffed.

If they keep their discipline and perform like thye have for most of 2012 we have a cracking chance.

I will be in the Wetherspoons (JJ Moon) from 11 and Block 123, Row 17.

COYB - this time Blues, this time....

if we fly out from the start and keep em under the cosh like at Sunderland then i fuckin hope we have too much for them, i fuckin hate them with a passion, not my mates but the pompous,arrogant, egotystical club they have turned into. With all my heart i just want to beat them tommorow!!! mad isnt it? ive not even thought about winning the cup yet!!!!

Feeling sck to my stomach already, I won't sleep tonight!! Bout to hit the sack but nerves are keeping me shot. I would love love love it if we were to do them tomorrow, I hope Davey doesn't bottle it and we go for the jugular. I want them to roll over and get pasted, that would be my year...

Well the time is almost upon us.

Hope those going have a good day out and all and take in the experience and maybe not overload on the drinks. and above all else be sensible. London can be a barbaric place.

Huge weekend for Merseyside coming up, going to be some emotions, tears, jubilations etc for all involved. They will be up for this as much as we are, they seem to always have an obligation of being favorites for our meetings whatever the circumstances but everyone will start off equal tomorrow and I think we'll just let everything fall as it may. It feels so close to finally winning something again since 1995 despite two significant obstacles left on route. I'm not from Liverpool, not a scouser, I don't attend games as regularly as some others, granted, maybe I don't hold the intense passion as some others but make no mistake about it will be getting caught up in the action tomorrow like anybody else. Oddly enough I don't feel that nervous right now, maybe that's a good thing as 2pm tomorrow or thereafter, could be becoming quite animated. A quiet/early night is essential for tomorrow but not overly tired right now. Let's attack from the start. get at these, pretend they're Sunderland damn it, and go out to win. We have the capabilities to do this and it would really be something to beat them again in this competition especially at the stage we're in.

Yes, they are primarily a cup side that does well, but fuck all that tomorrow and let's just realize they are simply not a very good outfit at the moment and with everyone pulling their weight tomorrow and a team effort it should be enough to beat them. Actions have to speak louder than words if we really are to do this.