IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

He cannot get us any further we would have lost the final anyway. I 100% believe the players were told if you go in front defend it. In moyes head he is already an Everton great let him go on that high and get Brendan Rodgers Paul lambert etc. we can moan about investment but certain managers just can't cut it above a certain level. In Europe moyes struggled to Cope. He gets the win against city and spurs but can't beat Wigan. We lost to a side today who are being slated by everyone for under performing and we have been beaten convincingly by them twice in a month. I am back to my opinion that we are mediocre until we are relegated and made to take a look at ourselves

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can say what you like but I strongly feel that under Mr Moyes Everton Football Club will not win anything again, we've been through the whole deal before, i.e, 'League finishes since 2002, Champions League berth' etc etc that Moyes has produced since his arrival, and hats off to the man, he has done well, but you don't get any honors for finishing in a fourth or sixth place in the EPL. The Cup tourneys represent where the trophies are at, and we still haven't won anything in way of that with Moyes in charge, the man seems to implode in vital matches, today was no different, we had a great opportunity to do something today and I sit here trying to find the appropriate words on the back of a recent hurting setback, bottom line is, said it so many times, I have nothing against Moyes as an individual but feel we simply won't win anything so long as the Scot remains in charge, he just hasn't got the motivation or loses it at the most critical times, today was no different. We could have been in a fucking FA cup Final today and missed out when it was perfectly feasible we could have beat those today but it simply didn't come to pass, there's little we can do about it now after the event but for the last time, so long as Moyes is EFC manager, I can't see another trophy at Goodison Park. You can quote me on that if you like until/when the Scot leaves.

The two rs goalscorers cost more than our entire team, if we actually had enough money a couple of our players today wouldn't have been any where near the wembly turf.

Pienaar is our best/most creative player and he was missing, Baines plays better when he's there.

We've just lost a game of football to the most unpopular team in the country......get over it.

As for Moyes, he's got us to 7th with a small squad and a cup semi-final.

Just heard what Distin's just said, I feel a bit bad now sad.png

Yeah i saw that, i think it's harsh, yes he made a catostrophic mistake but it's a team game and plenty of others did'nt cover themselves in glory, Carrolls goal came off the back of his head because Fellaini stood back 2 yards, and did'nt challenge for the header, Gibson kept giving the ball away, I don't think Distin should blame himself too much.

Apathy is killing this club, ffs people who knew that we were bigger than the mancs, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs twenty five years ago are getting smaller by the day.

Kids from the 90's - enjoy this if you think it's good enough it's bollocks.

Im not saying i want him too go, but the harsh reality is i don't think we will ever win anything under Moyes.

No other club would sack Moyes given what he's achieved.

It's a results business, it hurts today but he's still taken a club with a thin squad and money owed to the banks to an FA Cup semi-final and a top ten finish.

Who else would you have? Swansea might play nicer football than us, and Norwich might give it a good go, but they're still below us in the league and I don't see either of them playing at Wembley this weekend. Like I've mentioned before, Steve Coppell took Reading to a top half finish in their first season in the Premier League, look what's happened to his career since. What's to say the same won't happen to Rodgers and Lambert in the next five years?

I really don't understand why people think we should be winning trophies. Obviously we want to, but we're not a top club at the moment, its sad but its true.

Exactly, it's a team game!!

Moyes will be gone come next season,

Redknapp > England

Moyes > Tottenham

______ > Everton

You heard it first. ( that's sarcasm by the way)

Your right though, i think if we would have got the final and won he would have stayed because he would have a cup under his belt and be looking forward, but i can't see it now, he must know the fans are going to be pissed and i do think if Spurs come calling now, he will go.

I'd like to see Moyes manage England, I can say that, as what they do doesn't really interest me, but it would be interesting if nothing else.

Ok, a Scot in charge of the national side can't happen really, they would never allow it, but picture the scene, England vs Spain in the Euro Final and Moyes orchestrates the days events and see what he does, it would be something to see I merely feel, I know this could never happen though.

This year/season represented a good chance, at least today, for Moyes to maybe actually win something finally after a decade in charge, that opportunity has been and gone, 10 years have now passed and no actual silver to show for it, so just possibly Mr Moyes could make a departure if not this summer then sometime soon after, of course we don't know what will happen but there you are.

It's not the Everton some older folks know - the world's changed. But, you're not in a total mess either.

I have absolutely no desire to offend, but it seems Everton are stuck as 'top end of the mid table teams'. It just takes a LOT of money, or a once every 5 years type season to get into that top 6 area.

It's just bloody hard, and that's the fact of the matter.

Moyes has got sod all to spend, and to get those '10% better players' you have to spend 50% more (at least).

It's easy to say "we'll never win anything with Moyes", but Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years, they've been much better than Everton in recent years. Spurs have won one league cup and spent massively more than Everton. City have won one FA cup and spent fortune.

If Moyes faultless? no... what manager is?

Could someone do a better job?... possibly

Is it a risk worth taking?... I don't think so. The difficulties in getting to be top 6 year in year out are immense, whilst the ease at which top clubs can find themselves in deep (e.g. Villa) should be a real warning.

It will hurt like hell today. Just as it will hurt City losing the league to United, or Spurs being pipped by Arsenal.

But Everton remain a top top club, struggling with the money mess of football, and have a solid manager at the helm.

It simply isn't that bad.

i'm not sayin moyes should go but do you wanna explain that second half? cos the second they came out they were pathetic

It happens to the best of teams too. You just get says when the 'winning mentality' isn't 100% there and your opponents have it (which is a pain in the arse, but the truth of the matter).

Every player makes mistakes.... it's just sods law that Carroll misses sitters, then gets a winner, whilst a stalwart for Everton makes a mistake and it costs you.

Surely to God, that Everton team WANTED to win something, wanted to get to Wembley.... it just can't be from lack of effort, just inexperience

It's not the Everton some older folks know - the world's changed. But, you're not in a total mess either.

I have absolutely no desire to offend, but it seems Everton are stuck as 'top end of the mid table teams'. It just takes a LOT of money, or a once every 5 years type season to get into that top 6 area.

It's just bloody hard, and that's the fact of the matter.

Moyes has got sod all to spend, and to get those '10% better players' you have to spend 50% more (at least).

It's easy to say "we'll never win anything with Moyes", but Arsenal haven't won anything for 5 years, they've been much better than Everton in recent years. Spurs have won one league cup and spent massively more than Everton. City have won one FA cup and spent fortune.

If Moyes faultless? no... what manager is?

Could someone do a better job?... possibly

Is it a risk worth taking?... I don't think so. The difficulties in getting to be top 6 year in year out are immense, whilst the ease at which top clubs can find themselves in deep (e.g. Villa) should be a real warning.

It will hurt like hell today. Just as it will hurt City losing the league to United, or Spurs being pipped by Arsenal.

But Everton remain a top top club, struggling with the money mess of football, and have a solid manager at the helm.

It simply isn't that bad.

Completely agree if I'm honest.

Blue, the sarcasm was meant for the "heard it here first" bit....knowing that's what people have been saying for a while.

...and Martinez? Not a chance in hell.

Because before moyes came to Everton they were fighting relegation every season, I know what I prefer.

Im not saying he should go, but to say no one else can do the job is just naive.

For now he is probably the right option, but i don't see us winning anything with him, and he does seem to be a bit of a bottler at times

Edited by theprisoner

Who can the Blues attract that would be a better option than Moyes? Given the current state of the club I just don't see anybody.....now some deep pocketed investors on the other hand.....that could change things for the better, and by better I mean a realistic chance to play in Europe and contend for the league.