IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it Munich and Madrid always meet in European Cup semi-finals (I saw the advertisement)

Hansen has summed it up pretty well by stating that Moyes has had ten years and maybe has taken the club as far as he is able, done well for the most part with lack of resources available, but nothing in the way of trophies to show for it.

He has proved himself here and put himself in the window in that time but some of us would like a trophy to see again, but Moyes hasn't delivered, and I don't think he ever will. We all know of course his league pedigree and we were never really in any relegation peril, I mean as in 1994 or 1998, but Hansen could well be right that Moyes will depart if not in the summer then sometime sooner or later, he (Moyes) realizes he has had a decade in charge, and maybe has come to the end of the line or can take us no further and will try a fresh challenge etc

Top and bottom of it is that moyes can't change, overly cautious and pays that lot far too much respect.

He has a team there that should have won easily, he just thinks holding onto 1 goal leads is acceptable. It makes watching so uncomfortable. I would have lambert in a heartbeat.

You know what moyes is... A world class number 2.

Send him to watch opponents, look at players, scout, take training (once he's been told what he is to drill them for) - he is a great organiser. I know someone who is friends with the lad who does the analysis and moyes leaves no stone unturned - he works his staff hard, and I mean hard.

Unfortunately I think this is moyesys undoing, he works so hard - so when someone like Royston ticky shows up with not a care in the world but a sack load of talent, a heavy sack, and can't get out the sack it pisses him off!

Busby was a great manager, and best was the biggest pain in the backside to manage - did he drop him??? No, he knew it wouldn't change him, would ferguson have saved gascoigne??? No. Maybe he wouldn't have been so destructive to his own talent but ultimately these players are what they are because of who they are and their genetics. Moyes will never be able to manage a drogba, Rooney, van persie, tevez, Suarez, and probably even messi. They know the game, they know that what they have can't be coached by an ex second rate centre half but moyes can't handle that. He has to be "the man"

Totally agree, Harvey was a brilliant No2 but not manager, ok, the players were leaving for Rangers but he couldn't handle Cottee.. Haf, in all the matches in the mid to late eighties and when Royle was manager the one thing we never did was except mediocrity, play for a draw or try to hang on to a 1 -0 lead..

Top and bottom of it is that moyes can't change, overly cautious and pays that lot far too much respect.

He has a team there that should have won easily, he just thinks holding onto 1 goal leads is acceptable. It makes watching so uncomfortable. I would have lambert in a heartbeat.

It's alright us wanting lambert but in the real world he's contracted to Norwich... compensation for starters, would Norwich allow us to approach him? Would he even be interested? Surely he'd want assurances e.g budget etc... Paul Lambert looks a very good manager/tactician but he's got a job, thus makes him unavailable.

Moyes is contracted to EFC and will be unless a 'bigger job'/new challenge comes along. We cannot afford financially to sack him nor should we entertain the idea.

Totally agree, Harvey was a brilliant No2 but not manager, ok, the players were leaving for Rangers but he couldn't handle Cottee.. Haf, in all the matches in the mid to late eighties and when Royle was manager the one thing we never did was except mediocrity, play for a draw or try to hang on to a 1 -0 lead..

Moyes has proved he's a top manager - Harvey is no comparison. Moyes has not been backed yet managed to get the most out of a team costing a fraction of many below them.

I loved royle but football was in a very different climate back then.

Edited by c1982

DM has made steady progress in 10 years, heartbreak at Villareal, League cup semi’s exposure by Chelsea in the 2009 final and now Saturday’s despair. We all know how the media fall over themselves to tell us what a great job he’s done on not much money speculating what would he do if he had some to spend? All blues were hurt by this result but calling for our manager to be dismissed is not the way forward – leave that kind of behaviour to Wolves, Huddersfield et al. Saying DM has “taken us as far as we can go” is short sighted think of our progress in the last 10 years, the solid foundation now in place. Think about what DM has done and how he has addressed criticism remember they used to say we could finish 5th but couldn’t beat a top 4 team well he’s put that one to bed – ok away from home has room for improvement but 1 step a t a time. This is a platform for further progress but... for me the one thing he hasn’t delivered is a team to beat Liverpool – I’d be interested in any stats of our previous managers against them and my overriding impression is this is the entire club could do with seeing a sports psychologist to tackle this inability to even threaten the club who are – let’s face it - our biggest rivals.

Not in a starting 11 and not in a squad if included the players I already mentioned. Gerrard is past it, Carroll is no better than Anichebe, Kuyt a squad player at best but no better than we have, and a player like Suarez wouldnt last 5 seconds in the famous royal blue.

Howard

Kelly Heitinga Distin Baines

Bellamy Fellaini Downing Pienaar

Osman

Jelavic

Could argue for Reina as theres little in it, same with Agger but we have Jags and Duffy. Only player I'm actually jealous they have is Bellamy.

haha your as thick as dagliesh if you think he's good never mind a centre mid

suarez gerrard agger lucas reina skirtel 6 players and all the rest are poor, only suarez is imo up there with the better players all the rest would get in our team but really your never going to challenge in europe with them either.

Were just as good in terms of ability as pointed out above but moyes does need to rethink how we go about creating chances because the way we played there the only way we were going to score was from an error or from setpiece it isnt good enough to go about winning like that, but this rodgers and lambert talk its bullshit there no better than moyes, moyes just needs to change instead of acting like a little kid.

Edited by Blue4Ever

haha your as thick as dagliesh if you think he's good never mind a centre mid

suarez gerrard agger lucas reina skirtel 6 players and all the rest are poor, only suarez is imo up there with the better players all the rest would get in our team but really your never going to challenge in europe with them either.

Were just as good in terms of ability as pointed out above but moyes does need to rethink how we go about creating chances because the way we played there the only way we were going to score was from an error or from setpiece it isnt good enough to go about winning like that, but this rodgers and lambert talk its bullshit there no better than moyes, moyes just needs to change instead of acting like a little kid.

Stop reading the papers and rewatch his games in the middle for Villa. Lucas is class but wouldnt want him next to Felli as they do the same role. Next to Felli I'd have Downing over Gibson any day.

Well that's it really, if Moyes wasn't so defensive minded at times we really could have done better than we have, i.e. it won't hurt to attack more than we have seen, his main pitfall is he insists more often than not of safety first and not being adventurous enough, we only have the league to focus on now and Ideally I'd like to see us have a go at United next up, but you know what's going to happen, Wigan had a shock result the other night but it'll be tough going up there at the weekend and we really shouldn't sit back against such a dangerous side and play it safe, a bit of attacking intent wouldn't go amiss, but we can discuss more when the actual game has come and been, not very confident about this one though.

Read something last night that suggests if Harry leaves Spurs, then they are going to approach Rodgers first over Moyes. i suppose that's good from our point of view at the moment(better the devil you know and all that) but if it does roll like that, then it kinda just emphasises the thing about Moyes always being the bridesmaid and never the bride, they would clearly rather look at the 5min rookie than the 10 year veteran.

I don't think Spurs would go in for Rodgers in all honesty it is his maiden season He lacks the experience at this level let alone a club wanting to push for the CL, plus He's not long signed a new deal which will mean a large compensation fee also

I like his attacking mentality but many a manager who gains promotion has and have had the same outlook and have fallen short the following season/s so I think Moyes would be the obvious and more realistic choice.

I like Moyes in most respects He's built a solid squad on very little money and has given us stability on the field and maybe with better backing We would have seen a title pushing side who knows?

His lack of tactical nous and having no plan B has let him down massively in his tenure here and I thought in time He would see this and make changes to his approach to the game but sadly it does not look like that will ever happen not here anyhow.....

I still think given better backing He could do more with us but He's been let down by an out of touch board who should have moved on some time ago.

He's a good man who works hard but after 10 years is it time for both parties to move on? who would realistically come here and do a better job with lord lard arse sat at the helm? it's a tough call....

It's only been mentioned on Spurs forums about Moyes taking over when Twitchy leaves for England, I don't think he would suit us, and I for one minute don't believe we area bigger club than Everton, so would he leave to join us? we have no money as we have only spent £8 million in 2 years on transfers, and got £54 million in.but the big question is who do you replace him with ?

I would love Spurs to take a gamble on Paul Lambert at Narch, as when he was at Colchester ( my 2nd team ) he did a fantastic job in the short time he was there, and acheived back to back promotions with Norwich and has done well so far in the prem, He would not be a good move for Everton though Remember the last manager you got from Norwich who also managed Colchester,

It's only been mentioned on Spurs forums about Moyes taking over when Twitchy leaves for England, I don't think he would suit us, and I for one minute don't believe we area bigger club than Everton, so would he leave to join us? we have no money as we have only spent £8 million in 2 years on transfers, and got £54 million in.but the big question is who do you replace him with ?

I would love Spurs to take a gamble on Paul Lambert at Narch, as when he was at Colchester ( my 2nd team ) he did a fantastic job in the short time he was there, and acheived back to back promotions with Norwich and has done well so far in the prem, He would not be a good move for Everton though Remember the last manager you got from Norwich who also managed Colchester,

The up and coming manager in the game is said to be Freedman at Crystal Palace, they say Taggart wants him involved at OT, but Freedman now in a managerial role has declined twice, Lambert does look as though he will be a decent manager one day though, im not 100% convinced by Rodgers, it's only a few years ago he was backroom staff like AVB and look what happened to him when he got on the big stage.

The top and bottom is this, managers with lesser quality players are having their teams playing expansive, attacking inventive football.

Moyes can take credit for stabilising a declining club, however he must take criticism for lacking in what can only be described as having some 'balls'. The odd off performance is forgivable, continuing to pay far too much respect to our neighbours is not. 7-1 they have beaten us on aggregate this season I think.

My own views on Moyes are:

All fans of all clubs want their teams to be 1. Successful 2. Play attractive attacking football

and managers dictate the style of play, system and tactics for Every match

George Graham made Arsenal (spits) successful on playing negative boring defensive football, they were arguably the most difficult defense to score against in Prem history, but no one liked them because they were dull,

Mourinho won things with Chelsea (spits again) but nobody can say they were particularly entertaining

Wenger and Bacon face certainly encourage more entertainment but are still difficult to breakdown, but there is more balance

which gives them Longevity as opposed to Keegan who just wanted to outscore everyone they played and consequently while everyone loved watching Newcastle they won Fuck all

Now Moyes strikes me as a Sam allardice type stop the opposition playing first, get stuck in break the play up, and it appears Evertons own style is secondary and for fuck sake lads don't be too adventurous and try and score, and I think if you gave £100 million to spend he would spend most of it on defensive midfielders, big tall hard old fashioned style center forwards, and center halves, as opposed to silky quick wingers or cultured midfield playmakers,

But I think he done a great job at Everton and I would say most teams don't look forward to the Everton fixture even UTD.

Stop reading the papers and rewatch his games in the middle for Villa. Lucas is class but wouldnt want him next to Felli as they do the same role. Next to Felli I'd have Downing over Gibson any day.

Actually ive watched every game since he signed for them as my girlfriends a red ur talking shite the only game he's played at best average was against hibbert in the 3 nil defeat what does that tell you if he cant take henderson or spearing out of the middle for a game then that backs my point up even more most overrated england player ever to play in the last 5 years. drenthe is twice the player he is. Edited by Blue4Ever

Actually ive watched every game since he signed for them as my girlfriends a red ur talking shite the only game he's played at best average was against hibbert in the 3 nil defeat what does that tell you if he cant take henderson or spearing out of the middle for a game then that backs my point up even more most overrated england player ever to play in the last 5 years. drenthe is twice the player he is.

Villa were at there best when they had him in the middle with Milner/Agbo and Young on the wings. I was surprised at how well he played in the middle. He's wasted on the wing just as Osman is for is.

I've got to admit Downing is shite and can't see why anyone would pay good money for him, He has no pace He's technically poor and very rarely can beat a man.

I think most of the shite fans think the same to be honest all He offers is a half decent ball every so often I'd go as far as saying they would have been better off getting Bentley "pre injury" for next to nothing.

I also hate seeing him in an England shirt along with Barry!

Back on topic... By then Bilic, who "misses" English football, and retains immense affection for Everton, might conceivably be at the helm of a Premier League club. "I've been in charge of the national team for six years and that will always be the proudest job I have," he says. "But I'm more of a club manager. I want to work every day."

I'd love to have Bilic if Moyes leaves at the end of the season or at some point in the future.

Nominated for best manager in the "Premier 20" awards....

http://www.premierle...s-best-manager/

Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Jose Mourinho (Chelsea), David Moyes (Everton), Harry Redknapp(West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham), Arsene Wenger(Arsenal).

Suspect he my come fifthunsure.png .

We're seriously under-represented in all the other categories....although the lists seem to have been (surprise, surprise) compiled with more attention to reputation than anything....eg there's only one nomination for "best game" (out of ten) that doesn't involve LIverpool, ManU or Arsenal.

I think Ferguson will win it, just look at what he's achieved since the start of the EPL, he'd get my vote, the man has been immense and justifies the award, Wenger too also takes recognition but bear in mind nothing won the last seven years which could well work against him.

I don't think moyes will come last, Mourinho won the title at the plastics and is a super manager, but look at the resources available and what he had to work with, chalk and cheese from what was at Moyes disposal over the decade he's been here.

Redknapp did well with Portsmouth and Spurs, but he won't win this award I truly feel, at least Moyes is rightly included and one of the runners, fully justified too.

Guest blueboy122

Moyes has been with us 10 years, what has he got us in that time? He's been a good manager and I cannot dispuit that, but I think he's taken us as far as he can take us. Although it would be a shame if Moyes did go.

Are you joking? Do people not remember where we were when he took over? "What has he got us in that time" Sometimes I just give up with some of our fans.

Nominated for best manager in the "Premier 20" awards....

http://www.premierle...s-best-manager/

Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Jose Mourinho (Chelsea), David Moyes (Everton), Harry Redknapp(West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham), Arsene Wenger(Arsenal).

Suspect he my come fifthunsure.png .

We're seriously under-represented in all the other categories....although the lists seem to have been (surprise, surprise) compiled with more attention to reputation than anything....eg there's only one nomination for "best game" (out of ten) that doesn't involve LIverpool, ManU or Arsenal.

Like the 10 best celebrations within the last 20 years? How does Lee sharpes get ahead of Cahill's or even Robbie Keane's? But there's 4 United nominations...

Like the 10 best celebrations within the last 20 years? How does Lee sharpes get ahead of Cahill's or even Robbie Keane's? But there's 4 United nominations...

At least they've got Shearers goal against us, RVN won goal of the season with a poxy run from the half way line against Fulham that season. would have liked Carbone or Zola nominated.

Edited by pete0

http://www.sabotaget...-10-more-years/

Interesting point of view...

Another reds point of veiw trying to get rid of what they class as a threat!

All week long i have had liverpools celebrating like they just won the champions league....all they did was win a semi final against us. This tells me that they didnt really expect to beat us and that they are classing us a real threat to them and thier station.

Just like the old frown Hansen would love Moyes to go and Everton to slide back down.

Were too good and clever to follow opinions like that :)

Are you joking? Do people not remember where we were when he took over? "What has he got us in that time" Sometimes I just give up with some of our fans.

He is being fair in that we have to realize Moyes has taken us far down the road as he is able, everybody is aware of the league recognition involved and what a pick up it was after Smith, the man takes all the accolades going for the good work he has done but the bottom line is there simply won't be any end product in way of a trophy, broken records and all but Moyes seems unable to take the final few steps necessary when the going gets tough, we always seem to blow it on the big occasions or seem unable to overcome the biggest obstacles, Moyes takes his share of the responsibilties, it's his job to pick the team, motivate and manage the club on a week to week basis. All I'm we're saying is some of us would really like to see a trophy at Goodison again, been 17 years now, some would say maybe not good enough for a club of our stature, no club has any divine right to win anything, but we should have been successful again by now since 1995, in way of at least a trophy, Moyes has done well in the league, of course, but ten years now and it's frustrating each end of season seeing clubs win something and we miss out again, another opportunity went by this season, got quite close in the end but folded on the big day when some glory was in sight, still angry to a degree. Say what you like but that's how I feel about it.