IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

With the transfer budget we have I fear for the future if Moyes goes.

Now is a chance though for Moyes to show he has got some bottle and drop the 'old pals act' with Kenwright and demand some transfer funds of some sort, or will he just play along like normal like a good little boy?

One thing i did notice, Kenwrights face at the end of that game today was a picture, it's going to be a big summer for us.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh surprise surprise. youre back with youre bashing. Going to nick-name you Knee-Jerk - emphasis one the Jerk part.

didnt take long did it haha? some morons are so daft they dont realise that without moyes we would have been relegated a long time ago.

I may get some abuse for this, but, does anyone believe it's possible that the 11 on the pitch JUST bottled it? That perhaps it wasn't a game plan to recede, but more like we couldn't deal with being in front and we just invited pressure on ourselves? He sent out the same personnel, some of which didn't have a great first half to begin with. I just can't see a halftime talk saying: "We can certainly block them off now, get a goal when you can."

If that honestly was his game plan, that's more than embarrassing, but I feel like 1-0 is an incidental scoreline, especially when established in a first half. That's not a lead to protect, it's one to build on. With mature wingers and a midfield that wants to account for itself Jelavic will ascend to legendary status and we can really show our playing identity (which I've been seeing glimpses of the past few matches). This won't happen with timid first half performances from people like we saw today. We're better than that.

...and by mature wingers, I mean players used to the position. I rate Gueye, and certainly Osman, but we all know they aren't ideal for playing there.

Edited by nutmegwolf203

You people are being ridiculous.

He put out the right team but the players just did not show up that is all.

What other team would you guys play? There was obviously a problem with Drenthe so he was out of the question anyways.

Disgraceful how you guys turn on the manager that has made this team expected to beat the scum and expected to win the cup.

You guys are too mercurial and you can't always blame it on the manager

We will come back stronger than ever... COYB

I'm not even going to get myself worked up over this because I'm already as pissed off as you can imagine after that second half display. If you think that Moyes can take us no further than you are a fucking moron and like others have said above without him we would be in the Championship/League One by now. It's happened to the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth so it could well of happened to us.

Quite bashing Moyes just because of today, people sing his praises when we win and then want him sacked as soon as we lose. It seems like I'm in the minority here and that our fans have turned into Chelsea fans as that's exactly what they do, bash a manager as soon as he does something wrong.

Get behind the team because kicking off does no good whatsoever.

A great manager gives you that little bit extra – a bit of tactical nous, a bit of motivation, the ability to get a team to perform to their best on the very biggest occasion – no matter what the circumstances. Moyes is not a great manager and never will be. He has lots of good qualities which have served us very well, but as a top end manager – one who can make a difference – he fails. That’s not going to change. Today was entirely predictable. It’s the latest in a long line of failures (his utterly wretched record against Liverpool being just one). If you’re happy with the fare he’s served up over the last few seasons – the torpid, witless displays against supposedly inferior opposition, the run of plucky victories against superior opposition, then fair enough, but I want a bit more from the club. We’re not going to get that under Moyes. Ever. Decent man though he is, and a great servant to the club, he’s not the go-to guy we need. Will undoubtedly be saying the same thing in 2 years’ time, just as I was saying it two years ago. It just goes on and on and on.

The overiding issue is it was the RS.. We NEVER beat them, we always roll over. It's been that way since 1892. Why are we suprised?. The last player who didn't read the script was AJ so we sold him.. We scored from a mistake then sat on it Howard was wasting time 10 mins before half time. Bringing Coleman on is not an indication the we're going to have a go. The whole ethos is different..In the league when they where three up they brought on two strikers, we'd take 'em off for a nice rest, pot of tea and a digestive..

Is this ground hog day or am I just having a bad dream, fed up of saying we would be the same as Brum, West Ham, Toon a few years ago without Moyes. Everton NEEDS Moyes at the this time. If we were without debt and in a new stadium generating a finance plan to easily buy the ground in a 15-20 year time span then no. It is not as easy as changing the manager, every fibre of the club needs the complete overhaul. Under9's all the way to coaching staff and scouts. Sod the boring route one stuff aka Stoke, let us play some swash buckling attacking football now we are safe. NOW IS THE TIME for Moyes to try a different method, hold them by the nose and kick them in the bollocks, this loosely translates as pin the feckers in their own halve and go for the juggler. Good teams play attacking football don't they? Let the handbrake of Moyes!!!!

Always annoys me when people invariably come up with the 'without Moyes we would have been relegated' theory.

What do you base that on, have we seen it, I mean, without Moyes we would have been relegated, have we been a witness to such a thing, it's all merely speculation and wild assumptions, if we had brought in someone else other than moyes in 2002, who knows where it could have taken us, it's inappropriate to merely insist on a relegation because of it, the bottom line is, we simply wouldn't know.

Getting back to today, I was thinking an hour or two earlier about the defeat and I still feel agiated or upset even about today but maybe not as strong as at time of fixture. All said it was a missed opportunity today, had the lead, should have built on that and Moyes reverts to type once more and goes on the defensive and hopes that a 1-0 lead will be enough for a victory, needless to say it wasn't. This is becoming one time too many these days and people always go on about the League finishes, I'm damn well aware of all that and I thank him for it, but not every year was one way traffic with regards to a league success. Also, He has had opportunities to do something in the Cup tourneys, but if we can look beyond the fucking embarrassments of Oldham, Reading, Shrewsbury, Brentford etc etc, once we do get to a certain stage the players and manager seem to lose it or falter and we end up with nothing, today was no different.

Moyes is too often, too dour, too frustrating, too defensive and lacks any ruthless agression, we can't always use the sometimes decent league finishes as a favorable nod to Moyes, for the last time, so long as Moyes is Everton club manager there will not be another trophy at Goodison Park, the man simply is unable to navigate the last remaining hurdles on the routes to glory and his defensiveness at times will get us nowhere, or makes me damn livid sometimes in any event.

A great manager gives you that little bit extra – a bit of tactical nous, a bit of motivation, the ability to get a team to perform to their best on the very biggest occasion – no matter what the circumstances. Moyes is not a great manager and never will be. He has lots of good qualities which have served us very well, but as a top end manager – one who can make a difference – he fails. That’s not going to change. Today was entirely predictable. It’s the latest in a long line of failures (his utterly wretched record against Liverpool being just one). If you’re happy with the fare he’s served up over the last few seasons – the torpid, witless displays against supposedly inferior opposition, the run of plucky victories against superior opposition, then fair enough, but I want a bit more from the club. We’re not going to get that under Moyes. Ever. Decent man though he is, and a great servant to the club, he’s not the go-to guy we need. Will undoubtedly be saying the same thing in 2 years’ time, just as I was saying it two years ago. It just goes on and on and on.

I do pretty much agree with you here.

I dont want to get stuck into another Moyes Out thread BUT no-one can tell me that we arent just going round in one big circle every season? Moyes is a good manager, but he doesnt have that winning mentality when it comes to the big games and he doesnt instill that in his players. I have no doubt that we will keep doing this year after year while he is at the club. Is that a bad thing in some respects? Not entirely. Will we be consistently safe each year? Probably. Will we ever win anything? No.

I can't bother with arguing with people claiming what if we brought someone that did better than Moyes etc.

There is no way anyone could do better than Moyes has done, he has brought us a fine crop of players and we have finished in the top half for most of the time he has been here. Every other manager does it one season then it falls apart or require large amounts of money to gain stability. Name one manager that has taken their team to the top half of the table and the top part of it consistently on the budget Moyes has.

People like this always come after losses but we have performed in big games, I believe Chelsee, Tottenham and Man city were big games earlier this year and Moyes has won many other games like this. You sometimes can't change the players mentality on the field.

Heitinga was there to win it and you could tell, so was Jelavic. However, others were not as confident and it showed in their play such as Gueye and Cahill. They could not stand up to play because they feared losing and how big it would be. Sometimes the manager can only do so much.

In Moyes I trust, he will bring Everton forward even further if he does not leave. Just wait, he has done it before and he will do it again.

When has Moyes done it before?. We are a mid table safety team with the odd excursion into the Europa league, losing the defining matches.. Yes we finished fourth, what? seven years ago? The reason for that was our performances before Xmas, We sold Tommy G and went backwards..We were the kings of the 1-0 win. It doesn't matter how much cash you have if your default tactic is defend. Our ambition as a club is to avoid relegation.. Don't want to hear how we needed him after Walter Smith, christ, coco the clown would have been an improvement.. But, ten years is long enough, especially as we can't even manage a Carling Cup final, never mind a win. Whats to happen when Heitinga doesn't return after the Euros or Chelsea bid 20m for Jelavic.

When has Moyes done it before?. We are a mid table safety team with the odd excursion into the Europa league, losing the defining matches.. Yes we finished fourth, what? seven years ago? The reason for that was our performances before Xmas, We sold Tommy G and went backwards..We were the kings of the 1-0 win. It doesn't matter how much cash you have if your default tactic is defend. Our ambition as a club is to avoid relegation.. Don't want to hear how we needed him after Walter Smith, christ, coco the clown would have been an improvement.. But, ten years is long enough, especially as we can't even manage a Carling Cup final, never mind a win. Whats to happen when Heitinga doesn't return after the Euros or Chelsea bid 20m for Jelavic.

I would call finishing top 7 more times then not better then "mid table" and with our budget we should be getting 12th, he has had a net spending of 4 million, crikey what do expect from the guy!!! WE WERE at the bottom of the table fighting relegation before him and now we don't need to worry about that and all we worry is if we will get into the Europe.

Many other teams that spend more then us don't even get the chance to get into these "defining" matches so at least he takes us there.

Yes I know i said I wouldn't be arguing but I can't help myself... some people are out of their minds.

I would call finishing top 7 more times then not better then "mid table" and with our budget we should be getting 12th, he has had a net spending of 4 million, crikey what do expect from the guy!!! WE WERE at the bottom of the table fighting relegation before him and now we don't need to worry about that and all we worry is if we will get into the Europe.

Many other teams that spend more then us don't even get the chance to get into these "defining" matches so at least he takes us there.

Yes I know i said I wouldn't be arguing but I can't help myself... some people are out of their minds.

I'm not arguing with that, We always seem to be on the final straight and hit a bloody pot-hole!

You're all going to hate this but...

and this is just as true of City and Spurs as it is of Everton...

We as fans don't have the winning mentality.

It's a chicken and egg scenario, but once you've gone a while without winning things, and your rivals have... there's just something inside us all that says "we know what's coming next... those jammy buggers are going to do us, AGAIN".

And more often than not, they do.

Call it arrogance on their part, but it gets them a long way. They always seem to believe that they'll snatch at least a draw and if they get that far, might as well go on and win it, whilst we get a lead and start expecting 'their comeback'.

There's more to it than just the players on the pitch... I can have DEFINITELY sensed 'tension' at City when we're under the kosh. It's fear in the crowd, and it gets to the players too.

Liverpool have won stuff, they've a habit of scraping cup wins.... like it or not, it's there in history to see (not that ALL their wins have been scrapes, but a fair few have).

Success breeds success so they say, and therefore, lack of success breeds lack of success and the longer it goes on, the harder it gets to overcome it.

Some 20 years after the formation of the Premier League, there are still very few teams who've won anything, and the ones who've won more than one trophy are incredibly rare (suggesting now and then, a team goes all the way as a one off).

Hands on hearts, no bullshit, if you're 2-0 up against Liverpool and they pull it back to 2-1... what do you REALLY think is going to happen?

Perhaps I'm wrong on this, but I think if you're honest with yourselves, you're just like us lot... 'those jammy buggers are gonna do us again'.

I really think that this year we have missed the boat a little. It is probably the weakest Premier League season I have ever witnessed with several teams under performing, and even still not performing well, and because we were so poor for so long, we missed the chance of a potential top 4 challenge.

If you look at the teams that would normally challenge for those positions, Liverpool have been way below par, Arsenal & Chelsea are a shadow of the teams they were, Man City have been better this year but still arent a team, and Utd have scrambled their way through so far and Spurs are again faultering at the finish. Newcastle have done well this season because they have been consistent and won the games you would expect them to, and given the better teams a run for their money and taken some points off them.

I suppose it shows in how well the promoted teams have done and it would be a first for all of them to stay up if QPR can avoid it. I cant see it being the same next season unfortunately.

Hands on hearts, no bullshit, if you're 2-0 up against Liverpool and they pull it back to 2-1... what do you REALLY think is going to happen?

Perhaps I'm wrong on this, but I think if you're honest with yourselves, you're just like us lot... 'those jammy buggers are gonna do us again'.

But thats only because we know exactly what we are going to do, and to be honest we would be thinking it at 2-0 never mind 2-1! ha

I've every sympathy for that view, but as an outsider, I think the blame solely lies with the board, and the failure to move Everton forward commercially, in line with rivals.

It would be unfair to expect Everton to compete with United or Liverpool (no offence) but potentially it MIGHT have kept up with Arsenal and Spurs. City and Chelsea are exceptions, so unfair to expect Everton to win the lottery.

There are numerous obstables that have blocked Everton's progress and by far the majority of them have had nothing to do with football per se. They've all been off the field activities.

I've said it a million and one times, and will say it again... Everton... a top 5-7 supported club, fantastic crowds, Premier League stalwarts, lots of trophies, European experience... LOTS going for it. Since you've hardly spent much, it only begs the question... HOW the hell the club be hard up?

If you'd been Leeds, or City, or Newcastle - you could point to silly spending... but not so Everton.

Ergo, once can only really assume that a genuine 'fan' and thespian does NOT a 'canny businessman' make. Therein lies the real problem. It's never Moyes.

The only fair criticism of Moyes (in my eyes) is that he's not asked the very same questions.... where's the money going?

I'm not anti BK - I just think he's like many chairmen before him... he's a lover of the club, not the best guardian of its future nor the man to move it forward in line with other clubs.

Standing still at Everton has meant you've fallen behind (still keeps you ahead of most, but it's not where you should be!)

Edited by BlueSky

I really think that this year we have missed the boat a little. It is probably the weakest Premier League season I have ever witnessed with several teams under performing, and even still not performing well, and because we were so poor for so long, we missed the chance of a potential top 4 challenge.

If you look at the teams that would normally challenge for those positions, Liverpool have been way below par, Arsenal & Chelsea are a shadow of the teams they were, Man City have been better this year but still arent a team, and Utd have scrambled their way through so far and Spurs are again faultering at the finish. Newcastle have done well this season because they have been consistent and won the games you would expect them to, and given the better teams a run for their money and taken some points off them.

I suppose it shows in how well the promoted teams have done and it would be a first for all of them to stay up if QPR can avoid it. I cant see it being the same next season unfortunately.

I keep thinking precisely the same... but then United are going to set a Prem League RECORD number of points.

You can't argue with the evidence there... they've looked poor, they've had a poor European campaign etc, but you can't amass a record number of points and not be top notch!

I don't think teams are worse, I think it's more competitive than ever.... different perspectives I suppose... it's just that record number of points flies in the face of your (and my) belief that teams haven't been too hot.

Now is a chance though for Moyes to show he has got some bottle and drop the 'old pals act' with Kenwright and demand some transfer funds of some sort, or will he just play along like normal like a good little boy?

One thing i did notice, Kenwrights face at the end of that game today was a picture, it's going to be a big summer for us.

ask him to get out the magic tenner? ask him to sell us to the first tom, dick or harry that comes along? i know why doesn't he sell us to venky's too..

nitpicking i know but it will be the second time it happened...still agree with everything else though...the cup was there to be won the league was there to be attacked

It happens to the best of teams too. You just get says when the 'winning mentality' isn't 100% there and your opponents have it (which is a pain in the arse, but the truth of the matter).

Every player makes mistakes.... it's just sods law that Carroll misses sitters, then gets a winner, whilst a stalwart for Everton makes a mistake and it costs you.

Surely to God, that Everton team WANTED to win something, wanted to get to Wembley.... it just can't be from lack of effort, just inexperience

it's not lack of experience either...it's lack of man parts...not one of them had the bollocks to get in the face of the liverpool players after the second half...i'm not sure how much i blame coleman at least he tried to make a fuckin tackle unlike the other cinderella's

ask him to get out the magic tenner? ask him to sell us to the first tom, dick or harry that comes along? i know why doesn't he sell us to venky's too..

I just know that we expect Moyes to move forward, but Kenwright just sits there saying/doing nowt, and then crawls out after a few victories. It's time for Bill to walk away if he can't support the manager. Moyes also needs to change his outlook on things, we cannot go through another season of no plan B, negative dross, playing favourites, that has been served up the last few seasons. It all depends on what you want from the club, top 7 - mid table each year? we don't even challenge for europe anymore, i think we have the basis to do better though. Moyes might be the right man at the moment, but he is a loser imo, always the bridesmaid never the bride, we won't ever win anything under him, he had his best chance ever yesterday and surprise, he failed. 4 wins in 23 attempts against the shite is a shocking record imo.

Should we look at it this way? Its a major achievement to reach the semi's and we were beaten buy a team whose strike force combined transfer fees are almost more than our entire squad is worth! Surely that's not bad! We r also currently seventh in the league which again is not bad considering how little we have spent! Yes I would have loved us to best the RS, and yes I think this could have been our best opportunity to win the cup, and yes I think Moyes got it tactically wrong yesterday. We have to look at teams like Leeds, west ham, forest, all teams with great history but floundering. At least we r safe year in year out in the prem which had got to be a priority! I think we need get a bit of perspective going on. I also don't buy into this 'without Moyes we would have been relegated' bull. Thats impossible to tell! Moyes has been good for us, maybe we will never win anything under him, but we will be safe, is getting rid of him a gamble we can afford to take? Without investment in the team then no, as much as he frustrates me with his tactics, you have to admire the fact that we are consistently safe(average). Without cash we can never tell how good or bad Moyes is. Give him liverpools Budget and then if we are mediocre then we can judge him.

As much as i'd like to blame everything on the manager, the fault lies more with the current team than with the tactics. Cahill, Distin, Neville, Coleman and even Howard are why we lost yesterday. Too old, too slow, too talentless to be playing along side Heitinga, Baines, Osman, Fellaini and Jela. All of which, barring ossie will leave eventually because they see no change and then what?

Well I've seen all I need to see and I'm gonna dig up some real old hafnia irritating, negative shite.

As a brand "everton" we have gone from being marks and spencer's to aldi and far too many are happy to accept survival under a shite play acting lying tit of a chairman. You get what you deserve, far too many hearts were broken yesterday. The manager we have is what kenwright wants and needs - not us fans!

Everton was the school of science, even when we were shite we were the dogs of war... What has happened??? Football fans need to be economists to justify the shite we are served?

Fucked off completely, sick and tired of biting my tongue. I know people who work in the club, in the media (who work with the club closely) and it points to this... We have a manager who still thinks he's managing PNE, relies on stats (far too much) - will never get a team relegated but will win nothing. He is a tremendous worker - this I know, he's a great man, but he can't stay in charge. If we have to go through bad times in order to smoke out that corrupt lying incompent bunch that is the board then so be it. Can't keep going this way.

Derby, wolves, notts forest, Sheffield wed, all big clubs until fans accepted second best.

Moyes' small time mentality was on display once again yesterday but so was the players self-same small time mentality. It was all too predictable against that lot; go one up, retreat and defend, roll over and die.

I don't think we played at all well, even in the first half we weren't a threat to them at all but we at least played a bit of football and got forward until we scored. But we were always just looking to "nick" a goal, not take the game to them. We nicked the goal and then for the rest of the game we went into our shell and let them get a foothold. The horrible thing is that they weren't even good themselves, but we gifted them an equaliser which boosted their confidence and they had so many good chances to completely embarrass us on the scoreboard.

Maybe Moyes does need to go, he has a mental block when it comes to Liverpool and it clearly carries over onto his players. He was saying before the game that Liverpool were the favourites but they weren't. He should have been saying, at worst, that the game could go either way, that we were on an even footing. What message does it send his players to say a team that is worse than his are favourites? Even after all of this time the man still does not understand what this football club is about, what games against Liverpool mean to us fans.

Like I said, MAYBE, he needs to go, but what I KNOW is that I'm sick to fucking death of feeling this way after we play them while Moyes has been in charge.

As a brand "everton" we have gone from being marks and spencer's to aldi and far too many are happy to accept survival under a shite play acting lying tit of a chairman.

This is our biggest problem at the moment, not Moyes. Like I said, we have no idea what Moyes could do with money, the same way we have no idea what would happen of Moyes left, the same way we don't know where would would be if we had never employed Moyes! The first thing as a club we need is BK out and investment in, otherwise we will just be I the same situation as we r now. Yes we could possibly have win the cup under a different manager but that is not Gunna happen year in year out! We can't compete without cash!!! Even SAF wouldnt compete with the amounts of cash we don't have.

Moyes' small time mentality was on display once again yesterday but so was the players self-same small time mentality. It was all too predictable against that lot; go one up, retreat and defend, roll over and die.

I don't think we played at all well, even in the first half we weren't a threat to them at all but we at least played a bit of football and got forward until we scored. But we were always just looking to "nick" a goal, not take the game to them. We nicked the goal and then for the rest of the game we went into our shell and let them get a foothold. The horrible thing is that they weren't even good themselves, but we gifted them an equaliser which boosted their confidence and they had so many good chances to completely embarrass us on the scoreboard.

Maybe Moyes does need to go, he has a mental block when it comes to Liverpool and it clearly carries over onto his players. He was saying before the game that Liverpool were the favourites but they weren't. He should have been saying, at worst, that the game could go either way, that we were on an even footing. What message does it send his players to say a team that is worse than his are favourites? Even after all of this time the man still does not understand what this football club is about, what games against Liverpool mean to us fans.

Like I said, MAYBE, he needs to go, but what I KNOW is that I'm sick to fucking death of feeling this way after we play them while Moyes has been in charge.

Realistically on paper is our squad as good as the RS. If we sold all our players and they sold theirs, who would have the most cash in thier pocket? Who would sell their players first! On papered should be no where near them, but we r! Like I said, let Moyes spend a combined £60 mill on two strickers and then see if we can or cannot compete against them, I bet we could cause Moyes is a far better coach than that sour faced prick in charge at anfield!!

Edited by mogsy