IGNORED

Moyes should go/Moyes should stay

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C - how is it fickle to talk about each game based on its merits? Against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light he got it spot on and was praised. Against Swansea at their place I praised him for his tactics even though some on here weren't happy with the first half tactics. But yesterday he got his tactics wrong, not the starting line-up (I don't think any one mentioned the starting line-up so I don't know why you did), and he's being criticised for that.

I don't see what's wrong with that, you'll have to explain.

None of that makes any difference if the manager is going to instruct the team to sit back and invite the other team on for 45mins.

Then blame the defence once we finally crumble. Should be sacked for laying the blame on Distin the comments after the game were disgraceful and disrespectful to the club/fans/players, as was his game plan. I can't see him getting offered a new contract or him having any plans to sign one anyway.

C - how is it fickle to talk about each game based on its merits? Against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light he got it spot on and was praised. Against Swansea at their place I praised him for his tactics even though some on here weren't happy with the first half tactics. But yesterday he got his tactics wrong, not the starting line-up (I don't think any one mentioned the starting line-up so I don't know why you did), and he's being criticised for that.

Fickle = we lose and another time for Moyes to go thread appears... we win and it's not mentioned... lose again and his heads on the chopping board!

Edited by c1982

Would he do that if he had this quality of player though?

We have better quality players then Liverpool, they started with a midfield of Downing, Spearing, Henderson and Gerrard we should have mauled them. Carragher and a 3rd choice keeper as well. Out of their whole squad only Kelly, Downing, and Bellamy would get anywhere near our team non would even start every week. Liverpool have only won 5 games at Anfield this year. Moyes bottled it scared of their history. Any other manager in the league would have done a better job y'day.

Fickle = we lose and another time for Moyes to go thread appears... we win and it's not mentioned... lose again and his heads on the chopping board!

Well I'm just responding to the thread, I've said I wouldn't call for him to go and that's still my position. But I do think he got it badly wrong yesterday.

We have better quality players then Liverpool, they started with a midfield of Downing, Spearing, Henderson and Gerrard we should have mauled them. Carragher and a 3rd choice keeper as well. Out of their whole squad only Kelly, Downing, and Bellamy would get anywhere near our team non would even start every week. Liverpool have only won 5 games at Anfield this year. Moyes bottled it scared of their history. Any other manager in the league would have done a better job y'day.

Gerrard/Suarez/Kuyt/Carroll (etc.) wouldn't get in our team?

It's just discussing the topic, i actually think 'better the devil you know' at the moment and it's probably best we stick with him, id like to see him given a chance with serious money, just to see what he would do with it. Sadly we know that until we get investment it's not going to happen, so until then i DO think he seriously needs to change his attitude/mentality.

Better to have Moyes knocking on the door of an euro place than relegation, any ways I want David to go to the euro's and sit on the bench ( if it's allowed) of the Netherlands, Germany, Spain teams to see how a top class manager motivates and decides the tactics used even in the actual game time. No one is too good to learn. I wonder what Fergie or Mourhinio have done at 1-0 up. sit back or pull off Cahill and put on Drenthe, pushing Ossie up ready to counter the shite pushing on with a counter or, I don't know, just something to win the game. Or am I being pedantic? Just want Moyes to evolve into an all singing all dancing tactical genius. Or am I missing something?

Better to have Moyes knocking on the door of an euro place than relegation, any ways I want David to go to the euro's and sit on the bench ( if it's allowed) of the Netherlands, Germany, Spain teams to see how a top class manager motivates and decides the tactics used even in the actual game time. No one is too good to learn. I wonder what Fergie or Mourhinio have done at 1-0 up. sit back or pull off Cahill and put on Drenthe, pushing Ossie up ready to counter the shite pushing on with a counter or, I don't know, just something to win the game. Or am I being pedantic? Just want Moyes to evolve into an all singing all dancing tactical genius. Or am I missing something?

Moyes spent time with Italy at 02 or 04 not sure which one, makes sense.

Gerrard/Suarez/Kuyt/Carroll (etc.) wouldn't get in our team?

Not in a starting 11 and not in a squad if included the players I already mentioned. Gerrard is past it, Carroll is no better than Anichebe, Kuyt a squad player at best but no better than we have, and a player like Suarez wouldnt last 5 seconds in the famous royal blue.

Howard

Kelly Heitinga Distin Baines

Bellamy Fellaini Downing Pienaar

Osman

Jelavic

Could argue for Reina as theres little in it, same with Agger but we have Jags and Duffy. Only player I'm actually jealous they have is Bellamy.

Not in a starting 11 and not in a squad if included the players I already mentioned. Gerrard is past it, Carroll is no better than Anichebe, Kuyt a squad player at best but no better than we have, and a player like Suarez wouldnt last 5 seconds in the famous royal blue.

1. Gerrard is still a top, top player.

2. Carroll is not a £35m player no way but he is leaps and bounds more effective than Vic, if he was ours we would accomodate him.

3. Kuyt is an excellent player who would walk into our team.

4. Suarez would get into most teams in the world - a tit - yes but no doubting his class.

The amount they've spent compared to us you'd expect a lot of their players to get into our team but the fact that there is not a lot of difference in quality between the 2 clubs then there is some credit due somewhere.

1. Gerrard is still a top, top player.

2. Carroll is not a £35m player no way but he is leaps and bounds more effective than Vic, if he was ours we would accomodate him.

3. Kuyt is an excellent player who would walk into our team.

4. Suarez would get into most teams in the world - a tit - yes but no doubting his class.

The amount they've spent compared to us you'd expect a lot of their players to get into our team but the fact that there is not a lot of difference in quality between the 2 clubs then there is some credit due somewhere.

Anichebe has 5 goals in the quarter of amount of time it's took carroll to get to 4.

Kuyt can't even get in the Liverpool team

I'll take the agree to disagree option about Gerrard or Suarez as I'd just be repeating the same stuff from recent threads and bore you.

Carroll has had a shit season and Vic has scored a few off the bench yes, but would you really put money on Anichebe scoring more goals than Carroll over the next, say 5, seasons?

Kuyt is crap though. I would have Kelly, Agger, Suarez and Gerrard in our starting line up for sure

Carroll has had a shit season and Vic has scored a few off the bench yes, but would you really put money on Anichebe scoring more goals than Carroll over the next, say 5, seasons?

Kuyt is crap though. I would have Kelly, Agger, Suarez and Gerrard in our starting line up for sure

Anichebe suffers a Bramble-esque joke player status, there is a really good player we let Vaughan go ahead of him and Stuart Pearce begged Anichebe to play for England. He's much better than we give him credit for. Answer to the goals q, would depend on the manager if we have a attacking philosophy next year I'd see Anichebe getting more.

This is excactly what I was trying to say, don't think I did very well though ;)

Why is it ridiculous to suggest 'moyes should go'?! - it's a valid point. He is a symptom of a club with no realistic chance of winning anything. He is far more honourable than those who run the club - by a country mile, however he has put himself in a bad position by accepting the terms in managing a historic and proud club that no manager should do. Surviving on pennies with the odd jaunt into Europe isn't what being Everton is about. We are at risk of our reputation being that of an honourable, plucky team who's fans are content with the odd semi final... not good enough.

Not for the first time is it that Moyes has frozen at wembley - how long did it take him to react to the fact that Hibbert on a yellow was being targetted by Chelsea, he reacted after Malouda crossed for Drogbas equalising header.

On Saturday Cahill had a stinker, along with Gibson and yet he didn't change it, Straq would have been ideal. Drenthe was dropped for turning up to training late? Fine him! Don't cut off your nose to spite your face, he would have been up for that game to put himself in the window.

Guest blueboy122

Why is it ridiculous to suggest 'moyes should go'?! - it's a valid point. He is a symptom of a club with no realistic chance of winning anything. He is far more honourable than those who run the club - by a country mile, however he has put himself in a bad position by accepting the terms in managing a historic and proud club that no manager should do. Surviving on pennies with the odd jaunt into Europe isn't what being Everton is about. We are at risk of our reputation being that of an honourable, plucky team who's fans are content with the odd semi final... not good enough.

Not for the first time is it that Moyes has frozen at wembley - how long did it take him to react to the fact that Hibbert on a yellow was being targetted by Chelsea, he reacted after Malouda crossed for Drogbas equalising header.

On Saturday Cahill had a stinker, along with Gibson and yet he didn't change it, Straq would have been ideal. Drenthe was dropped for turning up to training late? Fine him! Don't cut off your nose to spite your face, he would have been up for that game to put himself in the window.

Didnt even read your post mate. Just saw the first line " why is it ridiculous" is not ridiculous its pathetic and laughable. Evertime we lose.. Moyes should go. Its pathetic get a grip. Sometimes I wish we could sack him and bring on someone like Rodgers because I would bet my bottom dollar we would fall like a stone, if anyone thinks Lambert, Rodgers etc are better managers than Moyes then they need there head testing, that is all. Fortunately is only a section of Evertons fans that think like this and alot of them seem to be on this forum. When we are doing well I bet they are there singing " O david Moyes"... Fickle new breed of football fans.

Guest blueboy122

It seems that when he is praised he praised deservededly and then when we lose alot of people believe he should be banished from football. Its not when we lose " Moyes made a mess today etc" a thread like this always appears and it grinds my gears to be honest.

Maybe people are still upset after the weekend and I know I still am to an extent, we missed a golden opportunity on saturday, should have used our advantage better and Moyes as manager must take his share of the responsibilities, don't know what was said at the interval but it simply didn't work for us in the second half, you can just imagine Moyes going with his 'let's keep it tight and play defensive' policy that he likes to deploy, instead of simply getting at them and adding another strike to hopefully make it safe enough. The one goal advantage simply wasn't enough and Moyes it seems, took a gamble, and lost.

But people are right, and I think we should all admit to it, in that at one time or another, when Moyes gets it right or spot on even, and the team does well as a result, the plaudits and recognition go in the Scots direction, but when there is a significant error or miscalcualtion and the team suffers for it then Mr Moyes gets dogs abuse etc, I don't think it will ever change.