IGNORED

Christian Atsu

Always whenever we are looking at a player Liverpool will look at him too, with a bit of luck Martinez will choose to buy Connor Samon over him and we'll have Atsu for the next season. I am still doubtful however, FC Porto loaned him out to Rio and I think that's to get his progress raised rather than because they don't want him, he looks quite good from his YouTube vid and I woulden't mind Moyes having a punt with him.

• 9 months later...

Ghananian media are reporting that the Portuguese media are reporting that the English media are linking Atsu with a move to Everton.

Abola (Portuguese media) say that there is a ten million euros release clause in the contract.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/everton-pondering-15m-swoop-for-ghana-prodigy-atsu/

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=386732

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130305/everton-plan-summer-swoop-porto-forward-192975

Rumour coming from my Dad that Everton are interested in FC Porto's Atsu. I've looked online to see if there were any links about it but the only one I could find was in Portuguese.

I don't think Atsu would be quite as expensive as they say. I don't see him going anywhere just yet. But, if we had him on the wing and Pienaar in the middle, that would be awesome. This guy would bring so much speed to our side, without sacrificing technical ability.

I hadn't thought about that actually. Maybe move Fellaini back to Defensive-Midfielder and put Pienaar in his place.

Being reported in the Portuguese newspapers again today that Everton are very interested in Atsu. I know this is Everton and I shouldn't be getting my hopes up but... This is the kind of signing we should be making if we were to become ambitious. A top prospect with international experience from a top club like Porto for 10 million Euros. And it's not like Porto want him to go either, apparently they are trying to renew his contract precisely because they want to get rid of this 10 million release clause.

Being reported in the Portuguese newspapers again today that Everton are very interested in Atsu.

The Portugese media are quoting the Express - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/382579/Everton-fix-their-sights-on-Porto-s-Christian-Atsu

The Express are reporting that sources in Portugal are reporting Everton's interest, what the Express aren't reporting is that the Portuguese media are reporting that it's a TalkSport story.

Football reporting is eating itself.

• 2 months later...

Always whenever we are looking at a player Liverpool will look at him too, with a bit of luck Martinez will choose to buy Connor Samon over him and we'll have Atsu for the next season. I am still doubtful however, FC Porto loaned him out to Rio and I think that's to get his progress raised rather than because they don't want him, he looks quite good from his YouTube vid and I woulden't mind Moyes having a punt with him.

Why would they want to play in the Championship with Martinez ?

In someone else's team hopefully. Pienaar has been very disappointing this season and I'd be more than happy to see the back of him.

Cant write him off after one season, especially when hes only had poor parts. For the most part hes been average and, considering what we know hes capable of, getting rid would be a foolhardy, kneejerk reaction.

Cant write him off after one season, especially when hes only had poor parts. For the most part hes been average and, considering what we know hes capable of, getting rid would be a foolhardy, kneejerk reaction.

I don't really like him to be honest. Left us once and came crawling back because he couldn't get a game at Spurs. I know I'm in the minority but I'll be glad to see the back of him when he does call it a day.

I don't really like him to be honest. Left us once and came crawling back because he couldn't get a game at Spurs. I know I'm in the minority but I'll be glad to see the back of him when he does call it a day.

He found out the grass wasnt greener and realized he made a mistake. For the 5 months or so when he came back on loan, he gave his all. He was choking back tears when he wasnt sure he couldnt return permanently.

Parts of him irritate me but 95% of the time he gives his all, even if he isnt always on top of his game. But he loves this club and will continue to give everything

Edited by Matt

He found out the grass wasnt greener and realized he made a mistake. For the 5 months or so when he came back on loan, he gave his all. He was choking back tears when he wasnt sure he couldnt return permanently.

Parts of him irritate me but 95% of the time he gives his all, even if he isnt always on top of his game.

Doesn't matter how much he gives if he does'nt produce the goods, he's of little use. He is also one of the players in that group that really we should be looking to replace sooner rather than later. His partnership with Baines has been well and truly sussed out by the other teams in the league this season, but Baines still managed a half decent shift this year, why not Pienaar?

Yes we need numbers like Dunc says but if someone makes us an offer we should take it imo.

Doesn't matter how much he gives if he does'nt produce the goods, he's of little use. He is also one of the players in that group that really we should be looking to replace sooner rather than later. His partnership with Baines has been well and truly sussed out by the other teams in the league this season, but Baines still managed a half decent shift this year, why not Pienaar?

Yes we need numbers like Dunc says but if someone makes us an offer we should take it imo.

more often or not though he does, in my opinion. not had his best season for sure but, again, to write him off is crazy.

Both Pereira and Atsu?

Id cork up my 30 year old Highland Park if that happens.

Atsu would take Pienaars place. Where does Pienaar feature then? Bench or behind the striker?

Ive not had the 30 yr, but as good as the 18 is I would imagine that would be an appropriate occasion.