IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

marmite coffee?

That would be sillyhuh.png .

I'm just pointing out that the fact something's been through another creature's digestive system doesn't necessarily mean it's unpleasantcool.png .

How can anyone not like Marmite? I blame your parents, it's very nearly child abuse!! Bring them on here so I can give them a severe telling offdry.png .

Was in Asda just now perusing the beer section for my week-end tipple when a shelf filler with a big trolly said to me, "We've got these on clearance..."

Was packs of twelve cans of Stella for £5 that he was just going to put outohmy.png .

He had nine of them....I bought eight (would have felt bad not leaving any for others to share my good fortunetongue.png ).

Well stocked upbiggrin.png .

Tesco's today....beer aisle had a sale of broken packaging/incomplete packs.

Bought 3x packs of ten Stella cans @ £5 each.

One box of (12) Carlsberg export bottles for £6

3 cans of draught Guinness for £2

Box of nine (one missing of ten) 4% Belgian little stubby bottles for £2

Stocks are replenishedtongue.png .

Tesco's today....beer aisle had a sale of broken packaging/incomplete packs.

Bought 3x packs of ten Stella cans @ £5 each.

One box of (12) Carlsberg export bottles for £6

3 cans of draught Guinness for £2

Box of nine (one missing of ten) 4% Belgian little stubby bottles for £2

Stocks are replenishedtongue.png .

That lot should last you untill wed night at the most!beer.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What have you gone for Pete? best of luck bud if you have not heard anything yet that is...

Thanks, Paul. It went well. Was gonna wait until I started properly to vaunt the good vibes smile.png. Civil Service job don't quite know the the details yet something to do with tax advice, but good hours (8-4) and a decent enough wage. I start training at the end of this month will let you know how it goes.

Put an obligatory optimistic £5 bet on at half-time, well thought I had. Just noticed the minimum deposit is a tenner so it never went through. Oh and a friend was going to get me a ticket to the semi if we qualified so that another few quid saved. Trying my best for positives... but I'm struggling angry.png

Talking about soft top cars in another thread I decided to have a bit of a look at the one my dad bought in 1967 and was completely amazed to find this doing a picture search....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/faversham-gallery/5008292323/lightbox/

Vitesse_zps945019b9.jpg

....not only is that the same Vitesse MkII 2 litre with overdrive....it's his actual car!!!

Got it brand new on 1st August 1967 (date when the new reg plates always used to come out) and I can remember the day we picked it up....the bonnet was open and I (at seven years old) crawled under to look at the plate, because the bonnets on these are forward opening so you can't see it properly with them up, and told my dad that it rhymed. RPD 243E has been in my head ever since!

Had so much fun in that car....I'm completely stunned here!

• 1 month later...

Im not usually a poster in this thread, but this week has been epic:

• bought me a fantastic BBQ and had a great day with friends at the weekend
  • Summer is coming
  • already got a kind of promotion at work with a big responsibility and work in general is going very well
  • the house is nearly complete
  • sister is pregnant so, all things going well, i will be an uncle around the end of October

to top it all off, I sent an email out to my dads favourite band World Party a few weeks ago, asking to give my dad a shout out since I couldnt get to Manchester for the gig. Didnt expect anything as I didnt get a mail back. But, the main guy of the band, whos been incredibly ill for several years but has (hopefully) fully recovered from brain cancer, got the mail and dedicated a song to him from me. Ive not heard my dad that happy.

Life is good :)

Nice one Matt.

Glad to see Carl Wallinger's back....great band World Party, they're playing near me on Saturday but would cost about £100 for me & the wife inc petrol and few beers so can't really do itsad.png .

Funny enough (on the shout out thing) the last time I was at the venue it was to see an old mate of mine & his band supporting Wishbone Ash...told him I was going to be there and he shouted, "Where's Mike O******* then...put your hands up!" between songs. Sadly I was in the toiletunsure.png . Saw him after though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's warm enough for me to use my cabin in the garden again (without spending shitloads on heating it). Got my personal space back.

Best money I ever spent! Let's talk sheds (where's Mac when I need himtongue.png?), no man should be without one.

not got a shed, but do have an open space on the top of the house. Live in an old Swiss farmhouse, bit on top was for storing hay, so keeps warm (relatively of course) in the winter and cool in the summer. Setup my man grill 2 weeks ago, some old sofas and a swing seat. Epic!

Balcony in the sun tonight though. ;)