IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

HOw was Freeze PeteO?1

I didn't go, train times weren't any good and was too pricey, had to chose between that and the derby. Bit guttered like as I liked the relentless wakefest the other year and wanted to go, hopefully go next year. Made up the derby was a decent game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was in Asda just now perusing the beer section for my week-end tipple when a shelf filler with a big trolly said to me, "We've got these on clearance..."

Was packs of twelve cans of Stella for £5 that he was just going to put outohmy.png .

He had nine of them....I bought eight (would have felt bad not leaving any for others to share my good fortunetongue.png ).

Well stocked upbiggrin.png .

Was in Asda just now perusing the beer section for my week-end tipple when a shelf filler with a big trolly said to me, "We've got these on clearance..."

Was packs of twelve cans of Stella for £5 that he was just going to put outohmy.png .

He had nine of them....I bought eight (would have felt bad not leaving any for others to share my good fortunetongue.png ).

Well stocked upbiggrin.png .

Damn what ASDA was that in? I was just in the big one on Smithdown Road and spent 10 minutes in the beer section. Settled for Foster's in the end, 10 minutes well spent doh.gif

ASDA is a decent store to purchase, but most of the time, it's a lot of (staff) kids standing around just fraternizing or doing next to nothing. I give them a wide berth if I have any glass bottles or sharp objects in my hands on route to payments.

I can't drink Stella Artois, makes me vomit every time. Liquor or stronger beverages, not a problem however, but I just can't drink the former.

Saw in the news recently that Colin Murray will be relieved of duties as host of that awful MOTD2 program. He's the one reason why I just don't - no, just can't watch it. Don't even get me started on that 'individual'.

Only problem is, the fucking thing doesn't come into effect until start of next season, so that's another few months of missing highlights, but at least something got done, and I was quite pleased with the news. They're going to replace with someone off Talksport, so it doesn't look like they'll be much difference from before, but it's got to be an improvement.

Saw in the news recently that Colin Murray will be relieved of duties as host of that awful MOTD2 program. He's the one reason why I just don't - no, just can't watch it. Don't even get me started on that 'individual'.

Only problem is, the fucking thing doesn't come into effect until start of next season, so that's another few months of missing highlights, but at least something got done, and I was quite pleased with the news. They're going to replace with someone off Talksport, so it doesn't look like they'll be much difference from before, but it's got to be an improvement.

I don't mind him, prefer him over the rest of the kopite pundits/presenters (not including McManaman as he's a blue).

I don't mind him, prefer him over the rest of the kopite pundits/presenters....

I agree....Guardian blog puts it well for me...

"Others will mourn the passing of a presenter who at least attempted to bring to terrestrial television something of the way normal people speak about football.

Murray has a style, a schtick, a sense of basic questioning intelligence that would not be silenced by the constriction that often clogs the veins of BBC sport output, caught between the beaming condescension of its interchangeable presenters and the sense of sullen celebrity entitlement evident in the lolling satin-shirted big hitters of the football couch."

I agree....Guardian blog puts it well for me...

"Others will mourn the passing of a presenter who at least attempted to bring to terrestrial television something of the way normal people speak about football.

Murray has a style, a schtick, a sense of basic questioning intelligence that would not be silenced by the constriction that often clogs the veins of BBC sport output, caught between the beaming condescension of its interchangeable presenters and the sense of sullen celebrity entitlement evident in the lolling satin-shirted big hitters of the football couch."

It's spot on that. Shame really, I struggle to understand why BBC want the show to be so bland, not a personality or any added value at all between them.

The one main reason I dont watch highlight programs anymore is because of the presenters featured. Most, but not all - are merely banal, nauseating, irritating and mundane fucks and Murray falls into that category with ease, in fact he's one of the leading culprits. I don't get excited much (outside of the bedroom), but when I read the news that Murray was leaving, fuck me, I did have a spontaneous moment of jubilation, even if short lived.

If they want a proper presenter, get Mark Bright or Claridge for instance. Two men I have a lot of respect for and provide some good analysis, but the BBC always manages to make wrong decisions and feature the most horrendous people you could imagine. Won't be long now before they grab the fat abomination that is Adrian Chiles back from ITV again, just for good measure.