IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

• 2 weeks later...

My daughters back from Singapore for Christmas. Today we had to pick up her hire car from Heathrow Airport. Only 15 miles but M4 + M25 = nightmare. All the traffic from last minute departing fliers. Decided to leave early (7.30 am) but didn't get away until 8.00 am. Roads empty, got there and back in 35 minutes! Result! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

I found out I'm having a little girl in May. I was hoping for a boy -- and future Everton #10 -- but I'm not disappointed about a girl. :)

Awesome news :) I was hoping for a boy but my little girl is amazing.

Still working on the plan for future boyfriends though.....

Edited by Matt

Had my CT scan today in Reading. Appointment time 6.40 pm. I had to be there 1 hour before for prep. Allowed time for traffic and because there was very little, got there early. I drank the stuff they gave me, had the injection, had the scan and was home by 6.35 pm.

RESULT!

Had my CT scan today in Reading. Appointment time 6.40 pm. I had to be there 1 hour before for prep. Allowed time for traffic and because there was very little, got there early. I drank the stuff they gave me, had the injection, had the scan and was home by 6.35 pm.

RESULT!

Nice one. I went for an MRI at the end of 2013 and I was a bit early. A week early to be exact :lol:. Fair play though, they fitted me in; in fact it was first thing in the morning so I went in ahead of everyone else, and as it took about an hour every other poor sod who'd turned up on the right day must've had quite a wait.

Been knowingly overpaying on our gas/electric direct debit for a while now and the rewards are in! "Flexed" my payments for the next five months and (after paying £100pm for ages) I have three months at £90, one at £50 and then the last one (June) where I'll pay £zero. Add to that the "Warm Home Discount" payment of £140 due by the end of March (nice to have but given the choice between that and cancer I could probably have lived without it :unsure:) and I have loads more beer vouchers for my holiday.

Probably not what the government intended me to spend it on but fuck 'em :P.

• 2 months later...

Ha, just noticed my last two posts in here were holiday finance based; so just to add to it the current £/€ rate means for the same amount Sterling pending money we had on our last holiday (2013) we'll have the best part of an extra €500 for this. Not to mention accommodation + car hire being cheaper :yay:.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taking advantage of a "£12 off when you spend £60 on home delivery" voucher from Tesco's plus already cheap boxes I now have 36 x Carlsberg Export and 36 x Stella being delivered tomorrow at a cost of just under 53p per can :D.

Should see me through the week-end :lol:.

You think the football will be that bad huh?

• 1 month later...

Boss is acquiring a pub..already has a hotel that I work in..anyways he wants me to run it for him...so I get a pay rise and a brand new play thing! Can't wait!

Congrats mate, you've always been my favourite poster, would you like to be a mod?

Name and location please; when's the first lock-in :beer:?