Sign in to follow this  
Oztoffee

Smart Moyesy?

Reading the thread on Rooney a little while ago, brought me to the realisation that DM is a canny Scot!

He kept Rooney on the bench while he was in the England squad & resisted as long as he could, the clamour to get him on the field to bolster what was at the time a saggy team.

Why?

I reckon he knew that we couldn't hang on to Rooney who was aching to get somewhere where could show his talents off. DM also knew that the longer he played Rooney, the more Rooney would get booked / sent off & that if potential buyers saw what DM had seen in training (disruptive influence) his transfer value would reduce quickly & that he could be a liability.

So......... keep him off the field & keep his value to the club high!

What do others think?

Moyes SMART or LUCKY?

Reading the thread on Rooney a little while ago, brought me to the realisation that DM is a canny Scot!

He kept Rooney on the bench while he was in the England squad & resisted as long as he could, the clamour to get him on the field to bolster what was at the time a saggy team.

Why?

I reckon he knew that we couldn't hang on to Rooney who was aching to get somewhere where could show his talents off. DM also knew that the longer he played Rooney, the more Rooney would get booked / sent off & that if potential buyers saw what DM had seen in training (disruptive influence) his transfer value would reduce quickly & that he could be a liability.

What do others think?

Moyes      SMART or LUCKY?

36076[/snapback]

Lucky. His transfer dealings would indicate that he`s not that astute.

Why?

What do others think?

Moyes      SMART or LUCKY?

36076[/snapback]

I think you think too much

I think it would be fair to state that towrads the end, Wayne became detremnetal to our team.

Hmmm why would you say that Pat?

SImply coz I believe we became to reliant on Wayne...way to reliant...Think of all the 1-0's & the amount of times we sat @ 0-0 with 10 or so to go & we all new the only way out was WAYNE.

We played like a poor team with 1 star.

In all honesty maybe Wayne had 2 go?

I think it would be fair to state that towrads the end, Wayne became detremnetal to our team.

Hmmm  why would you say that Pat?

SImply coz I believe we became to reliant on Wayne...way to reliant...Think of all the 1-0's & the amount of times we sat @ 0-0 with 10 or so to go & we all new the only way out was WAYNE.

We  played like a poor team with 1 star.

In all honesty maybe Wayne had 2 go?

36364[/snapback]

agree a team isnt made of 1 man