IGNORED

Jose Baxter

Fourth Official reporting that Jose has left Everton. Best of luck to him, shame he never fulfilled all the hype that surrounded him... He seems too much of a party animal/unfocused/not a head on his shoulders to reach his full potential anyways, but I still worry that he along with James Wallace will become decent players that we missed out on. I imagine he could play for a mid level Championship side?

He's hinted at a move to Palace - would be a good team for him with their development of youngsters.

Agreed. I think he'd do well at any mid level Championship side that likes to play and develop youngsters, Palace would be good.

We're losing a lot of youngsters, English ones at that.

Agreed. Some just wont cut the musturd unfortunately. Most won't. Premier League quality players are rare. Wish we wouldve kept Baxter and Wallace for one more year though

Now Jose has said on Twitter that he hasn't been released by Everton. Maybe just a strong chance of a move to Crystal Palace? Hopefully a fee of some sort will be paid by Palace if he does move. Strange that Fourth Official reported that he had already been released.

Heard Phil Neville talking to him on Twitter and saying something along the lines of 'Im here if you need me' and also said something in a tweet about 'private messaging him' as opposed to doing it where everyone can see. I believe that he has gone to Crystal Palace because he's never lived up to his potential here and when he came on against (Chelsea was it?) last season he looked piss poor, I got bashed on the forum for saying he was bad but I guess that everyone is now agreed that he's not up to Everton standard.

Good luck to the lad, best wishes.

Heard Phil Neville talking to him on Twitter and saying something along the lines of 'Im here if you need me' and also said something in a tweet about 'private messaging him' as opposed to doing it where everyone can see. I believe that he has gone to Crystal Palace because he's never lived up to his potential here and when he came on against (Chelsea was it?) last season he looked piss poor, I got bashed on the forum for saying he was bad but I guess that everyone is now agreed that he's not up to Everton standard.

Good luck to the lad, best wishes.

Were you getting that from? I still believe he'll be a premiership footballer one day.

Fourth Official reporting that Jose has left Everton. Best of luck to him, shame he never fulfilled all the hype that surrounded him... He seems too much of a party animal/unfocused/not a head on his shoulders to reach his full potential anyways, but I still worry that he along with James Wallace will become decent players that we missed out on. I imagine he could play for a mid level Championship side?

Have the same notion after following him on twitter.

He's partied during the off season, but most the young ones have. Don't think he'd be so pally with the skipper if he's a wild one.

Yeah, but I don't know, it just seems with Baxter he lives more of a party lifestyle. Sure a lot of the young players party some, but it seems like Baxter partys A LOT... Maybe I'm being way too judgmental, because a lot of people can balance work and partying, but some can't. Maybe Baxter isn't that much more of a partyer than the others, but he sure doesn't seem to hide it or shy away from it like some would.

He always looked like he was carrying far too much weight on the brief occasions that I saw him, so you of course questions his off field antics/lifestyle choices - so the news, if true, does not come as a massive surprise. That being said I always liked the lad and hope that he can come good at another club. Good luck José.

He always looked like he was carrying far too much weight on the brief occasions that I saw him, so you of course questions his off field antics/lifestyle choices - so the news, if true, does not come as a massive surprise. That being said I always liked the lad and hope that he can come good at another club. Good luck José.

Good point. I'll admit that I pay more attention to what Barkley says -- versus the other youth -- because of the hype.

Always reminded me of Andy Reid, bags of ability but always looked overweight , wish him all the best remember fourth official tweeted about Wallace a week before he moved, would love to see Jose join them too.

He was mistaken on Baxter, he mis-read a tweet. The next day they realised their mistake as Baxter was at training.

I feel like Baxter will feel the "Cahill" role in the future (minus the heading ability), though I haven't seen too much of him to really know what role he'll actually fill. Doesn't seem the most athletic, but he has some skill about him. Am actually hoping he gets more playing time this year. I still forget how young he is, because he has been at Goodison so long.

I feel like Baxter will feel the "Cahill" role in the future (minus the heading ability), though I haven't seen too much of him to really know what role he'll actually fill. Doesn't seem the most athletic, but he has some skill about him. Am actually hoping he gets more playing time this year. I still forget how young he is, because he has been at Goodison so long.

I see Baxter in the mould of Scholes, ability gap wise (once he reaches his prime), I believe he'll be roughly what Osman is to Iniesta.