Cats vs Dogs

Matt

Which are better  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Cat or Dog

• Dogs
    • Cats

I'm a dog man...

Cats to Me are like teenagers they come home for some grub have no regard for the mess they leave behind generally have no or little interaction with anyone then fuck off back out.

To Me dogs have far more character and are more of a pet in most cases then cats....

I voted for Cats.

No great lover of canines and I'd take a shotgun to some of the more dangerous varieties I feel sometimes, hear often about attacks on kids by careless owners or savage kinds that are allowed to roam and cause havoc. We don't own one but apparently you don't need a license now in order to own any breed, I try to keep them at arms length myself.

Cats on the other hand are much more accomodating, never had a problem except when they bring in mice from outside and leave them in the house, sometimes still alive, so the fucking things run off and hide and you can never find them. Apart from that, always Cats for me.

I voted for dog I am a dog liking person. Not keen on cats really they are more for the effeminate types who wear lace underwear and suspenders. Sooner have a rat than a cat.

Mind you I am sure I saw a kitten kill a mastiff a while ago .... got stuck in it's throat.

Seriously though both are wonderful pets and it all depends what you like. I like an animal that will sleep during the night and not keep scratching chunks out of my favourite chair.

Whatever you prefer I hope you love you pet as I did mine. I wish I could have either these days, but I can't so sod it.

Cats aren't so tame. It's on record once that a Scottish Wild Cat (still a cat) attacked and killed a man some time back and they were both found dead next to each other, must have been some cat to do have done that. It can be quite a sad event when you lose a favorite pet also, be it cats or dogs, they do play an important part in lives, always effects some when they pass on. You say to yourself that you will never again own a pet after a death, but you do, and carry on.

never seen a dog that's been brought up well attack anyone..people just prefer to blame the animal cos it can't defend itself..any time i've seen a dog bite someone it's cos it was bein wound up

I have. Some just have a screw loose somewhere. But, like I said, it's not just dogs, it goes for any living thing.

never seen a dog that's been brought up well attack anyone..people just prefer to blame the animal cos it can't defend itself..any time i've seen a dog bite someone it's cos it was bein wound up

There are plenty of people that bring up dogs to be aggressive and to fight which is why we have such a problem with dangerous dogs in the UK. People were breeding dogs purely so that they could fight with them and attack others and it all went un-noticed, by the time the government caught on and passed laws it was too late and we've got a small out-break.

Oh and just to respond to DK's post up there you do need a licence to have a dangerous dog as a pet (for example; Doberman, Rottweiler).

There are plenty of people that bring up dogs to be aggressive and to fight which is why we have such a problem with dangerous dogs in the UK. People were breeding dogs purely so that they could fight with them and attack others and it all went un-noticed, by the time the government caught on and passed laws it was too late and we've got a small out-break.

Oh and just to respond to DK's post up there you do need a licence to have a dangerous dog as a pet (for example; Doberman, Rottweiler).

Marco was saying dogs that are brought up well - this explanation does not fit under that description for me...

Oh I agree, if you bring a dog up right then it will behave. It is however a lot harder to do it with a dangerous breed though as its in its genetics to be aggressive so naturally it will be, so as opposed to just teaching the dog right from wrong you have to knock out is natural aggressive side which is obviously a challenge (and may not work).

I don't dislike any dogs though (in fact I have one). It's just cats are uber-awesome.

Never had a cat who sniffed my bollocks and humped my legwink.png .

Hygiene and discipline should help with those two little problemssmile.png ,the humping problem can also be sorted by getting him neutrered before it becomes a problem.

Agree with a couple of others, that some dogs need a bullet, but that's because the owner probably dodged one!

Training a dog come down to who's doing the training, what thay are training and how.As a kid my Dad had an Irish setter as a gun dog, always said "he will never bite anyone".....he was a lovely dog, one day a lad playing at ours thought it would be funny to give him (the dog) a whack round the head.........he got bitten!rolleyes.gif Dad was wrong!!

Next door have a cat, rips birds to pieces for fun, wont go in the owners house doesn't want human contact.Pretty sure if was much bigger it would eat people.

All animals will bite if they really have to.

But I believe you can train a dog to only bite if provoked, don't ever remember being able to train any of our cats to do anything, just the same we loved our cats as we did our dogs, but dogs are more capable of giving back that love and loyalty.

Edited by Blue 250

Hygiene and discipline should help with those two little problemssmile.png

Crap....went to visit my brother today showered and squeeky clean...door opens and black labrador advances and goes straight for the testicles.

Hygiene has f'ck all to do with it (and I kind of resent the suggestion).