IGNORED

AEK Athens

MikeO

Strong team out tonight (only Jags missing?)!

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini, Naismith, Jelavic.

Mucha, Neville, Rodwell, Gueye, Duffy, Barkley, Coleman, Vellios, Anichebe.

Bearing in mind the opposition we ought to have forgotten borrowing Rooney back and had Bily for the night!

2-1...naismith header from a pienaar cross...shockin defendin from athens

pete beat me to it i see smile.png was waitin to see if it was offside cos he looked in far too much space to be on but he wasn't

I cheated, I was already about to post the first bit and we scored. Had to edit as a forgot to put the details in.

Can't help but think Fellaini is wasted in the advanced position, looks a little lost and sloppy, although our Iniesta-esque Osman is shining in the middle. Naismith looks bright, first competent right mid since....Kanchelskis? Everyone else playing fine, although Pip done one of them floaty things shaking fist.png

was it a proper free kick? or a staged one? and ten can fuck off if he dances..that little shit made me miss my own riot! it's stayin out for the night if it knows what's fuckin good for it

Unsure, he hit it hard and low and we haven't give them a goal back, so in my head it was his own doing.

Gueye has had a couple of chances, unlucky with the volley.

was it a proper free kick? or a staged one? and ten can fuck off if he dances..that little shit made me miss my own riot! it's stayin out for the night if it knows what's fuckin good for it

Sounds like a genuine freekick! Wish I could be watching this :(

Congrats to Tony!

However the second half was a bit dire, typical pre-season stuff but still disappointing. We will up our game for Man U in 12 days though smile.png .

"Dire" is a bit harsh pete! created some decent opportunities but like you say, typical pre-season stuff, we were never going to run riot (except after hibbo's goal tongue.png ). Thought we played some really good stuff in parts, much improved from Blackpool and AEK are no mugs! looking forward to the start of the season! smile.png