IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Just been looking around the forum to talk about the Chelsea game at the moment and I realised that there's no specific thread for other teams matches on the weekend. Of course there is the 'Longest Thread for Sport Talk' but seeing as that is full of other sports it's not that convinient for people that want to discuss whats going on during the weekend. I've started this thread so that people watching Sky Sports can discuss what is going on with other teams around us in the league and discuss the days events - hope you enjoy.

If the Mod/Admin don't like this thread then feel free to delete it.

I hope this is the beginning of the end for QPR, don't like them at all. They played woefully yesterday and could have been rolled over by Accrington Stanley, they were terrible all over the pitch and if they play like that each week I can't see them surviving a second season.

Wigan meanwhile are still 2-0 down to Chelsea, Ivanovic scored first in the second minute (which Torres was apparantly fuming about) and Lampard put the visitors 2-0 up with a seventh minute penalty, it's all going wrong for the Latics and I have to say I'm not dissapointed.

45 minutes gone at the Etihad and Manchester City are only 1-0 up against newly promoted Southampton. They've missed a penalty too (taken by David Silva), have the Premeir League champions lost their swagger? I'd expect them to be at least 3-0 up by now and have this game in the bag, I just hope the Saints can hit back and snatch a point.

No team has any divine right to win a fixture. Annoys me sometimes when a big team with all star players are involved against lesser opposition and people expect a landslide victory. Adkins obviously went there today with a Moyes type strategy to frustrate the opposition and with prudent attitude. They're no pushovers. Manchester City don't have a license to just steamroller any opposition that gets in their way now.

I don't care much about any other fixtures this weekend, have lost significant interest in soccer the last few years. Setting sights on the game tomorrow night which hopefully should be a successful event. Any other games are out of mind more or less.

Well, Manchester City 3 Southampton 2 is the final score and this makes me happy. City conceding 2 goals to a piss poor team shows that they are not un-beatable andf by only winning it in the last 10 minutes shows that they can be beaten. I hope this season they crumble, crash and burn - fucking idiots.

I was really impressed with Southampton, rooting for them along with Reading.

Have to say that i am hoping QPR and West Ham go down, can't stand them for some reason.

I also heard that chelsea were far from impressive on their first game against Wigan, only for the first 10 minutes

2-1 now...messi penalty..1st half was a bit ropey but 2nd been much better..2 goals in 20 seconds of play really kicked it up

Barcas first was offsideshaking%20fist.png

Barcelona the better side I imagine?

First half Real, then (the dirty diving cheats) Barca since they equalised.

Is it on Sky Sports?

Been begging my Dad to get Sky so I can watch the likes of El Classico. FC Barcelona may dive and cheat and times but you can't take away the quality that they posses. I'd say that they are the best team I have ever seen in my life.

How much is it for just one box? My Dad dosen't seem too keen on the idea because he dosen't think that he'd get value from money seeing as him and my Mum don't watch too much telly. As a student with no job money can be a bit of a pain to get, do you know how much it would cost to set up Sky with Sky Sports bundled in? I'm sure I heard somewhere it was around the £40-£50 mark.

How much is it for just one box? My Dad dosen't seem too keen on the idea because he dosen't think that he'd get value from money seeing as him and my Mum don't watch too much telly. As a student with no job money can be a bit of a pain to get, do you know how much it would cost to set up Sky with Sky Sports bundled in? I'm sure I heard somewhere it was around the £40-£50 mark.

it's 20 quid or so extra a month i think..my mate just got a deal where he got 12 months half price..will ask him about it for ya..or just look around at deals online

Is it on Sky Sports?

Been begging my Dad to get Sky so I can watch the likes of El Classico. FC Barcelona may dive and cheat and times but you can't take away the quality that they posses. I'd say that they are the best team I have ever seen in my life.

Cheating is cheating, takes a whole lot away from Barca. TBH they bore me, some lovely goals but not enough entertainment.

Arsenal and Stoke locked at 0-0. I can really feel Arsenal dropping a good few places this year, since van Persie left they've looked clueless and shite, unless they sort themselves out I can really see them finishing outside the Top 6.

yeah i watched all of that game this afternoon, and they don't seem to have anything upfront, Giroud doesn't look much, and i would never put Podolski anymore than a 'good' player, also their midfield seems like a collection rather than a unit, i agree i think they may struggle, it will be a big week for them this week