IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Except that the feat of Nottingham Forest was even greater: promotion (in third place), win the league, then win the European Cup. I can't see that ever being repeated.

They came from nowhere to steal that as well if my memory serves me correctly.

Actually looking up the numbers they won eight of their last twelve games to pip Bolton and Blackpool by one point. Forest finished the season before Bolton two points ahead of them but Bolton had two games left; they only got one more point. And then Forests first game next year they came to Goodison and stuffed us 1-3 :dry:. I remember when the fixtures were announced thinking we had a nice easy one to start with :rolleyes:.

Herrera most blatant foul in build up to utd goal...the ref waved no penalty..unreal..couldn't have fucked it up any more

I remain convinced that games are rigged. It's just not possible for every single Premier League team to be sponsored, at least in part, by a betting company and not run into conflicts of interest. IMO, it's only a matter of time before this become evident.

Sunderland are fucking dreadful... Kone looks like a bullet dodged too.

I was expecting to see a dogged defensive display but they are so passive. As soon as Arsenal picked up the pace again they scored 3 on the bounce.

I am not convinced by Mustafi though, I can see Lukaku bullying him or Mirallas getting in behind him.

Stat of the week. According to the commentator on the Sunderland v Arsenal game, Rodwell has played 33 games for Sunderland and never been on a winning team.

Arsenal must be the worst team in the league for diving and then rolling over and over. Against Sunderland the ref fell for it almost every time, 4 yellows for Sunderland. The worst tackle of the game, studs up catching Piennaar just below the knee, no card for the Arsenal player. Alan Smith, co-commentator (ex Arsenal player) is so biased in his commentary when Arsenal are playing, have noticed it before. Sky should rest him when Arsenal are on.

Have noticed over the last few weeks that Barrow are doing well in the Conference league. I remember them being relegated from the major leagues to the minors in the early 70s - and they dropped even further before climbing back more recently. It would be nice to see a team with genuine history return to the majors.

Edited by Cornish Steve