IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Paying £200mil for 1 player and paying them half a mil a week is a joke and it's bad for the game.

Neymar has gone for the money and to be the best player in the team. Everything that is wrong about modern day football.

No difference in the French and Spanish leagues, the big teams dominate to the point it's not even worth watching. At least in France the minnows put up a fight.

Paying £200mil for 1 player and paying them half a mil a week is a joke and it's bad for the game.

Neymar has gone for the money and to be the best player in the team. Everything that is wrong about modern day football.

What's wrong with wanting to know you can lead a team to trophies, though? I don't have a problem with him breaking up a super team slightly to see if he can do it without Messi and Cujo.

What's wrong with wanting to know you can lead a team to trophies, though? I don't have a problem with him breaking up a super team slightly to see if he can do it without Messi and Cujo.

It's massively egotistical and he doesn't strike me as a leader. He is going to a weak league where other than beating Monaco, the whole season is built around the CL.

Not really... there are some clubs in Spain who can bear the top 2... the likes of athletico etc.

Definitely. Add Sevilla to the mix as well. It's clearly a lot less competitive than the premier league but France is a step down again. Monaco have inky come back out of the doldrums in the last year as well and if all their players leave which is looking possible then they will be back there next season.

It's massively egotistical and he doesn't strike me as a leader. He is going to a weak league where other than beating Monaco, the whole season is built around the CL.

I see your point and I mostly agree with the leadership part, but I think it's in a great athlete's nature to want to know what he can do, no matter if it's a team sport. He'll find out if he's the leader he and PSG think he's capable of being anyway.

he did say European football, not Champions League....

The names of the clubs I said weren't based on his comment about European football. It was about him saying a few top clubs had shown interest. I'm not sure he'd be classing us in that way tbh.

I did notice the European football comment and allowed myself a bit of hope though :lol:.

The names of the clubs I said weren't based on his comment about European football. It was about him saying a few top clubs had shown interest. I'm not sure he'd be classing us in that way tbh.

I did notice the European football comment and allowed myself a bit of hope though :lol:.

That's all I'm saying it for, deluded hope :D

Arsenal are shit at the back...

Going forward pretty good. Welbeck looks sharp

There are times Welbeck has looked brilliant, better than Lacazette.

Shakespeare has done a great job with Leicester, clearly the architect of their title winning team. Really well disciplined and they cover every blade.