IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I take small comfort in the way that the title "race" has gone the way it has. I don't think I could handle them sneaking it at the end by a point or two, at least this way we've known for months that they were going to do it. 

I said when they hired Klopp that he would be the one to do it, took Dortmund from mid-table to the Champions League final, knocking Bayern off their perch domestically in doing so. Little surprise that he has achieved what he has - I just hope that City come back stronger, Chelsea's additions help them challenge and United sort themselves out. Hopefully 2021 sees a new champion. 

Above all, I've always said that I'm an Everton supporter, so the fact that we have Carlo and what seems to be a good plan for the future gives me hope. Gutted to see them do it, but let's focus on the positives around our own club. 

All we can do is be magnanimous and say well done, through gritted teeth of course, and hope that all the players and coaches feel the same disappointment as the fans, at the gulf between the teams and try harder next season to close the gap, and we will support their efforts for doing so. 

How nice of our lovely neighbours to set fire to the Liver Building by shooting fireworks at it. Not to mention I’m hearing there’s been a stabbing too...

Fully expecting the media to blame us for having it lit up blue or that it was an accident. Or maybe it was Chelsea fans again...

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

How nice o&for our lovely neighbours to set fire to the Liver Building by shooting fireworks at it. Not to mention I’m hearing there’s been a stabbing too...

Fully expecting the media to blame us for having it lit up blue or that it was an accident. Or maybe it was Chelsea fans again...

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

They're absolute dickheads, 1000s of them went to anfield to celebrate. 

Shaming the City and dragging everyone down. Feel sorry for Joe Anderson, he graciously congratulated them on winning and it being good for the city and then this shit happens. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a spike in Covid locally after the last two nights.

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Is it just me or are these Leeds players individually quite average. Lots of credit should go to Bielsa for making them look half decent!

The players are borderline bad.  It’s that collective huff and puff he has them playing way better than their level.  You’d think the owners would spend some money and get him a proper striker

33 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Is it just me or are these Leeds players individually quite average. Lots of credit should go to Bielsa for making them look half decent!

No it’s not. They remind me of Wimbledon aggression work hard and the long ball, having said that they just scored keep the ball on the ground, but even Wimbledon done that occasionally😉

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Great goal from Cantwell. 

Surprised United brought Matic on straight after that goal. Think Cantwell and Buendia will have the better of him.

Both of Norwich's full backs have been decent this game might be worth sending Brands to have a look. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Surprised United brought Matic on straight after that goal. Think Cantwell and Buendia will have the better of him.

Both of Norwich's full backs have been decent this game might be worth sending Brands to have a look. 

There left back is quality he’s a massive threat going forward something we lack from Digne, I like Cantwell he’s doing what £45millon Gylfi was meant to be able to do but can’t. 
I can see Norwich being raided the end of this season. 

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There left back is quality he’s a massive threat going forward something we lack from Digne, I like Cantwell he’s doing what £45millon Gylfi was meant to be able to do but can’t. 

Digne has been dissapointing this year. Hopefully we'll see the best of him next year but wouldn't mind some propper competition now it looks as if Baines is going. 

Shame they've got no chance of staying up as all them players could probably do with an extra year to develop before moving on.  

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Norwich giving Utd some big problems, but for poor finishing and last ditch blocks they should be 1 or 2 up by now. 
If anyone’s watching this should make you feel better about our performance against them. 

No it doesn't. Norwich had their best side out today (minus Hernandez) and they turned up like they did at the end of our game.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'd have a good long look at Aarons, Cantwell, Buendia and Hernandez. 

Cantwell is the obvious one and he improved loads when he played centrally. When he was wide he was only any good when he could play quick 1 2's. He would suit the Barkley role under Martinez but I'm not sure where he would fit in the current system because he would be stuck out wide and doesn't have the athleticism to get up and down the pitch. I don't doubt he would do alright but you wouldn't see the best of him.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I much prefer Aarons. I think he is a better defender. I'm not completely convinced about him going forward and I would have to see more but he beat Shaw down the line and got a decent cross in when the defender was favourite. 

I found Lewis wasteful when he got forward and he made poor decisions. He didn't have the same commitment to getting back like Aarons. The number of times Aarons got forward and then you see him haring back with the attackers run took my eye.