IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest Nikica

Spain is pretty competitive, I don't know why these myths persist. The likes of Villarreal, Valencia, Athletic, Sevilla are pretty strong teams (the latter just beat Real Madrid in la Liga). The reason it looks 'uncompetitive' is because there are three teams there who could probably win any other division in Europe if one of them were transported into it (other than the Bundesliga, as Bayern are still the best team in the world). Spanish football looks less competitive because of how good the top three clubs are (relatively speaking, because I still think RM will be found out in the CL if they meet Bayern or Barca).

Dortmund have fallen away this season because of a horrendous injury list and the loss of Gotze.

El Clasico was good and Messi proved who's the top man again; Bale and Ronaldo were woeful. Di Maria was brilliant in the first half.

Liverpool got lucky the other night - should have been a few ahead by half-time t but in the end were very fortunate.

Wasn't surprised Man United were thumped again. They're just a pretty average side with a very average manager.

Southampton have thrown everything at Elliot who has been a wall. Eventually having to walk the ball in to score, Lambert through on goal would have took the shot if the keeper hadn't been so good choosing to square the ball instead for Rodriguez to tap it in.

I'm still a big believer in predicting final table positions from current goal differences. This would have City winning the league, followed by Liverpool then Chelsea. Arsenal are Everton are fighting it out for fourth while United finish ahead of Spurs in sixth. At the bottom, Norwich would be relegated, along with Cardiff and Fulham.

Other than the drawn game in North London involving Manchester City tonight, don't know of any other results from todays games. I'd rather not know in all honesty or it can wait for a later date, as it would only invariably cause some level of irritation - that I could well do without.

City say they're pleased enough with a point from today but I think they're more concerned than they're letting on.

They ideally needed maximum points from today to be in pole position for the league championship, and those two dropped points could prove a colossal loss by end of season.

There was a brief mention on a radio program earlier today (after the game in question had ended) and they were discussing who is now favorite for the title.

Many agreed that City still had it to lose although one or two mentions that those from Anfield look most likely winners - probably an indication that they got a result today ?

I can't abide this time of year - for so many reasons - but end of the soccer season always comes into it. It's always a feeling of significant discomfort when any club side you have genuine distaste for wins a title or trophy of distinction - and this season, got to feel (or realize) it's going to occur again.

Sunderland just dont have a goal scorer on the pitch. Wickham is dreadful, Ki isnt that type of player and Borini is more of a creator.

They need to get Johnson on and anyone else who can actually put the ball in the net.

agreed, why he doesn't start every game puzzles me.

And Adam Johnson scores... Wickham should have too but he bottled it. Pathetic.

wickham has been atrocious.

I'm in the camp that believes Everton should go after Johnson - especially if the Black Cats are relegated.

me too, he is excellent and very creative.