IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 1-1 tbh. But think Bayern will rip them apart at the Allianz.

Moyes will set up united to contain them tonight, he has absolutely no intention of being humiliated... as per his usual prep for games it will be "what danger do they offer" - too much is the answer.

I actually believe that they would be best suited to sticking fellaini up front and launching it to him, packing the midfield and then hoping they can nick a goal or two. Robben will have one of uniteds defenders walking - get money on it. He's a diving cheating sod, but he is ridiculously quick and will target their slow defenders, they have Buttner playing instead of Evra - a complete mismacth and Robben will relish it.

I expect bayern to score 3 in the first half.

I fully expect Utd to shut up shop and hope for the best, in both legs. Moyes has usually been good at this, and I would not be surprised at all if it went to pens in Germany.

Hmmm, not too sure that he can keep Bayern out for 90 minutes, when Bayern score united need to attack - they won't though. It will be a 3-0+ game where Bayern are constantly knocking on the door and dominate with united sitting deep and looking to hit long balls to fellaini to hold up and allow the midfielders to catch up.

If united go to toe with them it will be a 5-2 game, sit back and 3-0. Something along those lines. Bayern have just too much movement and energy for united. It could be a major footballing lesson which i'm sure Moyes is nervous of.

Theoretically it should be the perfect test for Moyes. He will have to sit deep regardless seeing as he has only Vidic and Ferdinand fit (I think) so stick Felli ahead of them with Carrick and someone with energy like Cleverley to get up and down the pitch. Im not sure if Valencia is fit, but it would be the perfect game for him to start wide, possibly with Welbeck on the other side and Rooney up top.

Bayern got spooked a couple of times against Arsenal, especially at The Emirates so if Utd did go on the attack then they could cause Bayern problems but I dont see it happening and instead they will have to park the pass and rely on a set piece (because he isnt exactly a counter attack master either).

If Utd are going to get anything out of the game they have to start with a high intensity. They should be up for the game, but they also should have been against City and they barely broke out of a walk to close down.