IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2-0!! Dzeko!! Geeeet in! At my local a good group of liverpool fans have started turning up to watch their matches (dunno from where). After they beat City, they were in everyone's faces shouting and abusing how shit Everton/ Man Utd were and how they were the best team in the country. We told them to calm down and that it ain't over yet but they wouldn't listen. The bloody idiots went and booked next monday off work and booked a hotel in Liverpool on Sunday night for their victory parade! I would love to see their faces right now! Kopites are Gobshites!

Guest Nikica

City will win the title, but they really do make it hard for themselves. Without Aguero and with Silva not fully fit they're really pretty unimpressive, tbh.

I know I've been wanting Liverpool to win over mega money and anti football, but I can deny I'm enjoying this :lol:

Liverpool are the bastard spawn of you lot, their owner who bought a brand new team after you moved to Goodison was the original sugar daddy.

Liverpool are the bastard spawn of you lot, their owner who bought a brand new team after you moved to Goodison was the original sugar daddy.

they are, and unbearable. But as I've maintained, it would be good for the city, football and some of my friends and family. Still enjoying it though!

Guest Nikica

they are, and unbearable. But as I've maintained, it would be good for the city, football and some of my friends and family. Still enjoying it though!

I agree with that. I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to prefer Liverpool to City based on the latter's money. The truth is that every top club has been built with money - it's just that for some clubs it happened in the 20s, 30s and so on.

Fifty years from now we might be hearing kids talk about how moneybags Barnet are trying to compete with the traditional, proper football club Chelsea. I'm sure Arsenal were regarded as Chelsea and City are now back in the thirties - it's just that it was so long ago that nobody cares.

Edited by Nikica

Yaya... Beast. What a goal. That's goal difference fucked for Liverpool if man city draw. 13 goals the better.

Thing is, man city well found their groove, came through a tough test there.

I seen a fair few kopites celebrating the "agueeerrrooo" clincher a couple of years ago.... Imagine west ham two nil up with man city levelling in last ten minutes... Now that would be funny.

Guest blueboy122

Yaya Toure is the best player around in my eyes. I don't see any flaw

Agreed he is shear quality.

Better than Viera?

Guest Nikica

Yaya Toure is the best player around in my eyes. I don't see any flaw

Technically he's excellent and underrated by some. My main criticism of him is that I don't think he's very good defensively. I prefer seeing him further up the park - Fernandinho covers for him a lot but it's worth it as he's brilliant going forward. His flaws were apparent in DM at Barca (although to be fair he was brilliant when he played CB for them). I still think Aguero and Silva are City's two best players though.

you giving odds? Anyone know if Clattenburg is rffing the City or Shite game?

Not sure actually. A lot of their pens have been justified to be fair, but some just took the piss.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Agreed he is shear quality.

Better than Viera?

Sorry for the double post, yours came up just after I replied to Matt.

I actually think there's an argument he is better than Vieira. He's certainly a better footballer (although Vieira was no technical slouch either), but in terms of defensive discipline, positioning and stamina Vieira wins it for me.

I'd rather have Vieira in CM and Toure in AM. Toure's more talented with the ball, Vieira more intelligent, imo.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Keane or Viera?

Vieira in terms of ability, but Keane in terms of leadership. Both were excellent, although I was never as big a Keane fan as many.

Sorry for the double post, yours came up just after I replied to Matt.

I actually think there's an argument he is better than Vieira. He's certainly a better footballer (although Vieira was no technical slouch either), but in terms of defensive discipline, positioning and stamina Vieira wins it for me.

I'd rather have Vieira in CM and Toure in AM. Toure's more talented with the ball, Vieira more intelligent, imo.

this was my reaction, they're not quite the same type of player. But again, based on my memory

Guest Nikica

Makelele was probably the best mf who played in the PL when it comes to sheer positioning, anticipation and intelligent play. He was limited as an actual footballer compared to Vieira though.

Makelele was probably the best mf who played in the PL when it comes to sheer positioning, anticipation and intelligent play. He was limited as an actual footballer compared to Vieira though.

again, it's down to my memory. I've always loved football but I won't pretend to know everything and that it's only in the last 5 years I've studied the game rather than just live it.

Guest Nikica

again, it's down to my memory. I've always loved football but I won't pretend to know everything and that it's only in the last 5 years I've studied the game rather than just live it.

Yes, we all get things wrong and it is a game of opinion. I'm just throwing out the way I viewed these players. Other people might think I am wrong which is fair enough.

Guest Nikica

then you're older than me :P

Lol.

Well, I am 32 next week and have been watching football since I was a boy (like all of us). I remember watching a lot of these players, which is probably why it's fresh in my mind. Like you I didn't appreciate players in the 90s as I do now as like you I didn't mature as a football fun until about 20 or so. I was all about the flash wingers :rofl: But when I think back now I see what made them the heartbeat of their teams.

Lol.

Well, I am 32 next week and have been watching football since I was a boy (like all of us). I remember watching a lot of these players, which is probably why it's fresh in my mind. Like you I didn't appreciate players in the 90s as I do now as like you I didn't mature as a football fun until about 20 or so. I was all about the flash wingers :rofl: But when I think back now I see what made them the heartbeat of their teams.

not that much older then. I only really started payin attention to the game, rather than just Everton, in the last 3 years

Guest Nikica

not that much older then. I only really started payin attention to the game, rather than just Everton, in the last 3 years

Fair enough mate. I find your knowledge pretty impressive based on that, but your bigger weapon is your level-headedness and lack of bias/agenda. That can be a drawback for certain football fans who let their heart rule their head on certain matters (looks in the mirror).

You seem to be someone who doesn't care about anything or harbour any dislike for anyone. And that's why I never doubt you believe anything you say.

Edited by Nikica