Zoo

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Just now, MikeO said:

All a bit boring really, United early goal then shut up shop; some pretty stuff from both sides but overall a yawnfest.

And as I was typing that United get a second:rolleyes:.

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

James Maddison looked very good indeed for Leicester I thought.  

Not the same when he went off. He wasnt perfect, but he had a little spark.

I know its the first game of the season but both of them sides look beatable. 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Chris McLaughlin

BBC Sport Scotland at Tynecastle

"A hard-fought but entertaining first half here in the capital. Celtic just edging it in terms of chances and possession.":huh:

Capture.JPG

its the same over here mike, they are paid to be opinionated blowhards, not to be able to read and understand the finer points of the game.

The Newcastle v Spurs game was a decent watch. Newcastle had a real good go as they always do at home and will probably feel unlucky but Spurs looked like they had levels to go to if required. 

Im not really sure Mahrez suits this City team, at least out wide. Its surprised me that B Silva is playing centrally and Mahrez wide right. I would have thought Mahrez would be a interesting like for like with KDB. 

Fwiw Stones has been class.

On 09/08/2018 at 20:55, Cornish Steve said:

Good luck to Bodmin Town and Saltash United this weekend in the FA Cup qualifying round. Do Cornwall proud!

Bodmin tied 4-4 while Saltash won their game. Onward and upward.

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

brenda and celtic knocked out of CL playoffs by AEK Athens :rofl:

Remember us stuffing AEK at Goodison; Bilyaletdinov's debut and he looked like a World beater:rolleyes:.

As an aside everyone always refers to AEK as "A-E-K" whereas in Greece they're called "ayak" (rhyming with kayak). Just thought I'd throw that in:).

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Remember us stuffing AEK at Goodison; Bilyaletdinov's debut and he looked like a World beater:rolleyes:.

As an aside everyone always refers to AEK as "A-E-K" whereas in Greece they're called "ayak" (rhyming with kayak). Just thought I'd throw that in:).

I just became more knowledgable about Greek football than my friends. Thanks!

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

So what you’re saying Mike is that AEK is an acronym, rather than an initialism 😎 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

cardiff will be relegated.  newcastle themselves are relegation favorites and played with ten men and were dominating, kenedy missed pen but cardiff look like they have nothing in attack. they're just hoping for 38 draws.

Justice really as Kenedy should've had a red in the first half but the ref missed it. Retrospective ban for sure.

35 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Dilemma.... got 5 out of 6 at moment.  £130 cash back offered £295 to pick up if Chelsea beat arsenal.....

Not a betting man as you know but if I were you I'd hold my nerve; unless you're in desperate need of £130 which I suspect you aren't.

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not a betting man as you know but if I were you I'd hold my nerve; unless you're in desperate need of £130 which I suspect you aren't.

They are offering £250 now....  £297 is max value. 

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Pussy.

My bottom lips was out.... 2-2 and arsenal parked the bus. They offered me £90 at that point and all I could think was "you've lost £250 cos you wanted an extra £40...."

Chelsea were shit at the back so I snapped at the £235 and bet £5 on the draw at 12/1

5 hours ago, rubecula said:

should have held your nerve mate, if you were worried about losing the money you should not have bet in the first place.

It's not as straight forward as that....  if all games kicked off at 3pm then I've no option but to see them out. £10 stake im happy to lose - no issue.

They offered me £130 before a ball was kicked in the Chelsea game but I was happy to see how it was going to go.  When you are offered £250 out of a max £296 and the team in front is defending like the keystone cops you need to think about it..... I did and in the space of 10 minutes arsenal were level - the £250 I could have had in my pocket was now £90 and I had no choice but to cross my fingers that Chelsea would breach the parked bus of arsenal.

So... 82 minutes and Chelsea sneak back in front... what do you do? Take £235 or risk it and hope the final frantic 10 minutes doesn't see arsenal sneak an equaliser for the sake of £60? Based on the way the game had gone it would have been foolish of me to take that risk - arsenal should have scored 4 or 5.  You must be a braver man than me. 

Local lad Paul waring wins his first European tour title. Made up for him. I know his caddy pretty well and they are good mates.  He plays out from the course I'm a member at - Bromborough.  Seriously good golfer and nice lad.