IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest Nikica

Valladolid equalised against Real Madrid in the last few minutes :rofl: Had a feeling they'd drop points in one of these two away games.

Think that's them out of the title race now. Looking like it might be a showdown for La Liga at Camp Nou on the last gameweek,

The game from tonight would appear to settle the league championship issue but still have some doubts about what may occur.

West Ham could take a victory back to the wastelands of East London while Liverpool can take three points from their Newcastle game - lo and behold they take the league. The plastics are now unable to claim the title so it's down to two as we see it.

But City can't mess this up now can they ? Only a draw is required on the last day and got to be feeling confident now, but there was a similar scenario back in '89 when Liverpool could afford to lose by one goal and the opposition scored two, so hope they're not too complacent for this. Lo and behold there's now a West Ham love-in underway on some Liverpool pages where everyone's giving plaudits from The Krays to fucking Dick Van Dyke, but it's the only hope they've got. Two teams that provide tangible distaste, so fuck the pair of them when Manchester City get the result they need.

Believe Norwich City had a relegation confirmed this night also. Satisfactory news, as another club side have little time for.

Guest Nikica

The game from tonight would appear to settle the league championship issue but still have some doubts about what may occur.

West Ham could take a victory back to the wastelands of East London while Liverpool can take three points from their Newcastle game - lo and behold they take the league. The plastics are now unable to claim the title so it's down to two as we see it.

But City can't mess this up now can they ? Only a draw is required on the last day and got to be feeling confident now, but there was a similar scenario back in '89 when Liverpool could afford to lose by one goal and the opposition scored two, so hope they're not too complacent for this. Lo and behold there's now a West Ham love-in underway on some Liverpool pages where everyone's giving plaudits from The Krays to fucking Dick Van Dyke, but it's the only hope they've got. Two teams that provide tangible distaste, so fuck the pair of them when Manchester City get the result they need.

Believe Norwich City had a relegation confirmed this night also. Satisfactory news, as another club side have little time for.

:rofl:

They did a similar thing for Aston Villa. Posted photos of all their celebrity fans, from Tom Hanks to David Cameron to titling the thread after that goofy bastard Prince William :rofl:

Yes - I did see it

'The Prince William appreciation thread' or some other fucking nonsense. Spend some time in Witton recently, just a stones throw from the ground (Aston Villa) but having a hard time right now thinking any bars we visited in the immediate vicinity (very loud music and unfriendly clientele) were packed wall-to-wall with frenzied Liverpool fanatics tonight rooting for their teams endeavors and Nigel Kennedy providing autographs.

What the fuck they're going to come up with next is open to debate. The 'Ray Winstone can ejeculate on my face if they do us a favor' thread, or you can make your own assumptions.

Mind you, who are we to dispute. - There was some significant affection for the recent Manchester City game (this name included) with people expecting favors from others, but stopped short of playing Oasis tracks and a building a shrine to Rod Hull and Emu. (Manchester City 'followers' - allegedly)

Guest Nikica

Yes - I did see it

'The Prince William appreciation thread' or some other fucking nonsense. Spend some time in Witton recently, just a stones throw from the ground (Aston Villa) but having a hard time right now thinking any bars we visited in the immediate vicinity (very loud music and unfriendly clientele) were packed wall-to-wall with frenzied Liverpool fanatics tonight rooting for their teams endeavors and Nigel Kennedy providing autographs.

What the fuck they're going to come up with next is open to debate. The 'Ray Winstone can ejeculate on my face if they do us a favor' thread, or you can make your own assumptions.

Mind you, who are we to dispute. - There was some significant affection for the recent Manchester City game (this name included) with people expecting favors from others, but stopped short of playing Oasis tracks and a building a shrine to Rod Hull and Emu. (Manchester City 'followers' - allegedly)

Hahaha.

Yeah, they are fanatical to the extreme. In reference to the Winstone part - you jest, but I've seen comments along those lines. Some of them have been saying they'll suck Sam's cock if West Ham win. Another guy said he'd wank off any West Ham fan! Generally things like that are said in banter but with these loons you just never know!

Valladolid equalised against Real Madrid in the last few minutes :rofl: Had a feeling they'd drop points in one of these two away games.

Think that's them out of the title race now. Looking like it might be a showdown for La Liga at Camp Nou on the last gameweek,

Yeah Nikica I'm so happy with the result. Big Atletico fan here and glad their race is heating up just like the premier league has. Now we just need a couple more teams to compete in the spl, bundesliga, and ligue 1 and well have some great leagues!

Fair enough mate. I find your knowledge pretty impressive based on that, but your bigger weapon is your level-headedness and lack of bias/agenda. That can be a drawback for certain football fans who let their heart rule their head on certain matters (looks in the mirror).

You seem to be someone who doesn't care about anything or harbour any dislike for anyone. And that's why I never doubt you believe anything you say.

:wub: The envelope is already in the post...

To be honest, this place forced me into immersing myself because you're challenged to backup your argument

Im still prone to knee-jerk reactions but I can usually hold my hands up when Im wrong.

Anyway, back to it and away from the man-love fest :P

Guess all the goddamn Liverpool threads that I've encountered over the last few weeks I.E. 'miracles will occur, there will be a surprise at end of season, we're going to win the league, sucking East London cocks, planet alignment with all things Turkish stadia and lucky charms etc etc' can effectively be put at an end after today.

It's easy - very easy - to say Fuck them, and shed no tears over losing the league championship, but realize they have done well the last nine months, even if favorable match officials, questionable decisions and two or three players making for a title challenging team were for the most part, how they got so far. A minor crisis was averted today with City getting the result they needed, and anything the shite managed, was rendered immaterial.

Expect Suarez to leave close season, the usual Gerrard departure stories will run and run - still no league championship - so could be very much a flash in the pan season and key players to vacate in the summer and Liverpool to get nowhere near as close again as we've seen today. Rogers could very well be a movie of the week for his time at Anfield. Don't think they'll get anywhere close to duplicating what has occured this year next season or in the direct beyond.

Liverpool 'lose' the league title - not that they ever had the fucking thing to begin with ? - City win - West Ham lose (another 'less favorable' opposition side - Everton get an end of season victory - it's good enough.

Europa League final tonight, Sevilla vs Benfica. No specific preference for either club but will hope Sevilla win on the basis I really can't stand Benfica, their dickhead manager and everything they seem to think they stand for.

So I do have a preference. It's definitely Sevilla - nice oranges for marmalade, too.

Europa League final tonight, Sevilla vs Benfica. No specific preference for either club but will hope Sevilla win on the basis I really can't stand Benfica, their dickhead manager and everything they seem to think they stand for.

So I do have a preference. It's definitely Sevilla - nice oranges for marmalade, too.

Just realised he looks like a mixture of David Luiz and Jerry Springer, which makes it worse.

Guest blueboy122

Rakitic looks like decent player, too - quick as well. We'll have him and Bacca.

Said that in another thread.

He's like a Modric double

Saw one or two bits of action on a bar screen but had lost any interest by the interval. Did it finish level with no score after 120 minutes ? Guess we did the right thing in leaving. Don't care much for the europa league now (when we're not involved) as it's nothing like the former UEFA Cup and great nights with Ipswich and Tottenham. Just believe it's lost some significant appeal now. The name change was ill-advised also. (as with the former european cup) - Now we have ourselves a champions competition, without the majority of teams not even champions ? Damn stupid.

Guest Nikica

Yeah Nikica I'm so happy with the result. Big Atletico fan here and glad their race is heating up just like the premier league has. Now we just need a couple more teams to compete in the spl, bundesliga, and ligue 1 and well have some great leagues!

Yes mate, I can't wait to watch La Liga decider at Camp Nou. And you're right - those leagues need more competition. Bayern use their financial might in Germany, and only Monaco can really threaten PSG's money in France. As for Scotland...well, we all know the story there.

I saw the EL final last night (well, most of it, fell asleep with ten minutes of the ninety to go). It was a pretty open game but Benfica literally are cursed. Agree with the comments on Rakitic - he's a lovely player.