IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Doing an excellent job for Villa though so far - credit where it's due. May not be pretty but it's effective.

He's rubbish mate, he just boots it as far away as possible, he can't head the ball to save his life it just bounces off him. He just throws himself in front of the ball and hopes for the best.

Absolute dog shit of a player.

Got to confess I don't see all the hype. I've not seen the highlights from yesterday, but its still only 1 game.

Van Gaal saying they're after the title now they've won a game :lol:

He was Real's second best player last year and he was by far the best player on the pitch against Burnley as well. Might prove to be the best player in the league imo.

He was Real's second best player last year and he was by far the best player on the pitch against Burnley as well. Might prove to be the best player in the league imo.

I could've been the best player against Burnley. I don't doubt hes a quality player, but he's not the football genius he is made out to be by some. Maybe I'm just missing something, its not the first time I've disagreed with a "world class" player

What a player Di Maria is.

I wouldnt go that far with him. I only watched the first half and whilst the ball for the first goal was real quality, he didnt really have to do too much for the run and pass for the 2nd given the abject defending from QPR. He gave the ball away quite a lot (albeit he also did well to win it back) and he misplaced a few passes he should have done better with in promising positions.

Im not saying he had a bad game, he did play well but I wouldnt personally use that as evidence of him potentially being the best player in the league.

I think he almost stands out at Utd as being a player who will be positive and take the game to the opposition. With RVP, Rooney, Mata etc you have players who like to go backwards and sideways whereas Di Maria will be more direct.

I also thought Blind did well albeit he wasnt under much pressure. I get the impression him and Herrera might be a lightly lightweight for the league as they were knocked off the ball a few times which may be more of an issue when they come up against Chelsea and City.

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky Liverpool.

The penalty decision was marginal. I think six out of ten ref's would have given it and four not. The goalkeeper didn't have to make a 'tackle', the Liverpool player was going nowhere. Totally the goalkeepers fault. They were raving about Balotelli but his goal wasn't much more than a tap-in. Apart from that he didn't do much. He ambles about at walking pace when the rest of the team are used to Suarez and Sturridge playing at a really fast pace. I still think he is the wrong player for them.

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky Liverpool.

The penalty decision was marginal. I think six out of ten ref's would have given it and four not. The goalkeeper didn't have to make a 'tackle', the Liverpool player was going nowhere. Totally the goalkeepers fault. They were raving about Balotelli but his goal wasn't much more than a tap-in. Apart from that he didn't do much. He ambles about at walking pace when the rest of the team are used to Suarez and Sturridge playing at a really fast pace. I still think he is the wrong player for them.

Clear cut for me (see 19s)

Edited by Matt