IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

In Garth Crooks team of the week...

DEFENDER - JON FLANAGAN (Liverpool)
_71758762_020361500-1.jpg

The look of delight on the young man's face said it all. His first goal for his club in the Premier League and Liverpool's third on the night exposed a Tottenham team and a manager who once again appeared out of their depth.

Did you know? Flanagan's goal was his first for Liverpool in the Premier League.

I think he maybe doubts the attention span of his readers :huh:.

Champions League draw...

Manchester City v Barcelona, Olympiakos v Manchester United, AC Milan v Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen v Paris St-Germain, Galatasaray v Chelsea, Schalke v Real Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg v Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal v Bayern Munich.

Chelsea and Arsenal to get twatted and the other two to do the twatting, will do for me.

A lot can happen over the coming months, but if the games were played over the next few weeks:

Barca

Man U

Atletico

PSG

Galatasaray

RM

Dortmund

Bayern

I don't rate this Chelsea team and they're long overdue a complete drubbing. I think Gala will eliminate them. I can also see Leverkusen, Olympiacos and Man City doing well but ultimately just not being good enough.

Edited by Nikica

A lot can happen over the coming months, but if the games were played over the next few weeks:

Barca

Man U

Atletico

PSG

Galatasaray

RM

Dortmund

Bayern

I don't rate this Chelsea team and they're long overdue a complete drubbing. I think Gala will eliminate them. I can also see Leverkusen, Olympiacos and Man City doing well but ultimately just not being good enough.

Pretty much who I would go for too. Really fancy Chelsea to get turned over, although the second leg at Stamford Bridge may just turn it in their favour as I certainly wouldnt fancy them going to Turkey to get a result.

Pretty much who I would go for too. Really fancy Chelsea to get turned over, although the second leg at Stamford Bridge may just turn it in their favour as I certainly wouldnt fancy them going to Turkey to get a result.

Yep, they've been riding their luck all season. They're still the favourites I expect but it really wouldn't be a surprise at all to see Gala eliminate them - they've already beaten a better team in this season's CL in Juventus. I feel some of these teams from that area of Europe e.g. Greece and Turkey are constantly underestimated because of the comparative weakness of their leagues. If Gala can win the first leg by a couple of goals, or even keep a clean sheet and therefore concede no away goals, they will fancy their chances strongly in London. Basel have proved that Chelsea can be beaten, and I personally think Schalke showed Chelsea far too much respect in both games.

Will be interesting anyway.

Tan is an absolute weapon. Hope he gets thrown out personally.

Mackay should get sacked, take the compo and move to West Brom.

Indeed, it's chairman like him who give Kenwright an easier time in justifying their tenure - and that isn't being unfair.

There are varying categories of chairman - this fella is in the "complete idiot" category. At least we can say Kenwright wouldn't do what this fella has done, he does have good relations with his managers and he does select them wisely, and despite making some major bloopers he does love the club.

That doesn't mean old Bill gets off hook line and sinker... some of his debacles and fictional stories have been hard to take and I for one will not forget them.

However he has made a cracking appointment in Bob, it remains to be seen how well the board are able to support this class act of a manager... Roberto could end up leaving Bill with a decent chairman CV - and the platform to sell to the right person, there is no way that Everton will not be on investors radars... the commercial team better be looking at our kit sponsors, kit deals etc etc as we have never been so attractive commercially.

Guest blueboy122

Fuck me every time I watch the kopites the opposition defence never turns up.

Jesus Christ what are Cardiff doing Liverpool are playing heads and volleys in there box for the first goal it's embarrassing

"Championship leaders QPR will have to play the last six minutes of their game against Leicester with 10 men.

QPR midfielder Joey Barton is booked for a challenge by referee Paul Tierney.

Barton then kicks the ball at one of the Leicester players and Tierney instantly shows Barton a second yellow and a red card. Leicester still lead 1-0 at Loftus Road through Jamie Vardy's first-half goal."