IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

If SAF was still there, they would have been given a penalty at the end there. It's not only other teams that no longer fear OT; neither do the refs.

great point. i really love the league this year, so wide open and up for grabs. 8-9 possible teams in contention for champs league (7 for title) makes it more exciting i think. it also seems to give the smaller clubs some hope since money and "tradition" can't win it anymore.

I've picked a Man Utd forum at random just to watch the Moyes Fellaini 'thing'......it's just a bit obvious, when they win, Moyes has possible potential, maybe, just maybe he could perhaps do it.........if they lose, he's fuc%ing crap :dont know: .

surely, love him or hate him, he needs time.

Goddamn it, just replied to this and lost a lot of work, and this fucking tablet thing takes forever - the , fucking Titanic will arrive in New York by the time i.ve finished a second attempt, but tried to say today was a mixed bag of results. Pleased west ham lost again and in the relegation places, upset and bored with arsenal and liverpool wins, indifferent with most other outcomes. Good enough that united had a defeat, but would have prefered it if someone other than tottenham had been victors. Wasn't the best day for results, but you take what you can get.

ITV reporting an Oldham fan has been stabbed following the game. Best wishes to the victim

I didn't even realize "they" were playing Oldham Athletic again until seeing highlights tonight. I tuned out after the shite scored their second goal and knew there was to be no repeat of last year..

Best wishes to the Athletic supporter if it's indeed true. To the perpetrator - I was unable to find a suitable response..

Pleased also that West Ham suffered a heavy defeat with Nottingham Forest. Expect Manchester City to give them a beating over two games in the league cup, so they'll be free to concentrate on league matters - and unfortunately may avoid a relegation with it

I didn't care too much what else occured today, but worth saying feel sorry for Aston Villa yesterday. League problems, Lambert has issues, and an early exit to lower league opposition this weekend. Got to feel a little for supporters.

I don't laugh much, but seeing highlights of Manchester City and West Ham tonight did provide a small measure of amusement.

I got a tangible distaste for the London side and that offered a few minutes of enjoyment at a still difficult time. Reminded straight away of the Oldham Athletic game from 1990 when they got hit by the same score at the same stage - we played them in the FA Cup fifth round a week or two after if able to recall

The return game in Plaistow seems unnecessary but it's got to go ahead

Could be an all Manchester final, and in derby games whereever they occur, anything could happen, and Moyes could sneak a trophy, but good enough so far.

They're showing the United-Swansea game live on one of the main broadcast channels here in the US. Swansea's passing game is rather poor right now, but United simply are not capitalizing. As the commentators have noted, United simply sit back and do nothing when Swansea have the ball. There's no hustling, no urgency, and seemingly little effort. They just wait for Swansea to make a poor pass, and Swansea seem to oblige. Most of their chances have come on the break, but even then they don't look that dangerous. It's like watching two mid to low level sides - and I can't see many, if any, goals being scored.

Doesn't look like we're going to get any help from Stoke....Liverpool two up :dry:.

City beating Newcastle suited us though I think, don't really consider the bar codes much of a rival but it's good for them to be a good few points behind us....sounds like they were a bit unlucky though, did anyone see it?