IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Its not really the same way though is it. His teams always carry a threat of some sort, despite the defensive tactics.

Allardyce just got lucky because they had enough alright chances to score especially with the calibre of player they have. I think if they played that game 100 times with the same tactics they would probably lose well over 90% of them!

I dunno, I didn't even see the West Ham-Chelsea game. Naturally Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid are going to carry more attacking threat than West Ham. Point is that Mourinho likes to sit back deep with 11 men behind the ball as well and does it all the time against teams that he perceives to be better than his. For example his Champions League match ups with Barcelona when he was in charge of Inter.

I dunno, I didn't even see the West Ham-Chelsea game. Naturally Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid are going to carry more attacking threat than West Ham. Point is that Mourinho likes to sit back deep with 11 men behind the ball as well and does it all the time against teams that he perceives to be better than his. For example his Champions League match ups with Barcelona when he was in charge of Inter.

Yeh I knew what you were getting at but other than the farce of a game at Utd, he is always looking to win games (mainly on the counter or by set pieces) whereas I get the feeling Allardyce would have been happy only losing 2-0 lol.

If I remember rightly from that CL tie, didnt Inter end up with more shots on goal than Barca at least in the home leg? In fact that game was reminiscent of Tuesdays!

Guest blueboy122

He's been mostly disappointing this season from what I've read, but Altidore is having a great game here.

Agreed real presence.

Watching the West Ham game as well and before Carrol was sent off he was winning every header on the park. He will be vital for West Ham as since he's been off West Ham carry no threat and Swansea aren't worried about the West Ham attack now so have camped in the West Ham half. Will be interesting if Swansea get a goal

Allardyce couldn't manage RM or Inter, as I don't think he'd be able to cope at the very top of the game like Mourinho has. If he did have those superior attackers he'd probably misuse them in all honesty. I'd like to see him try though, for the sheer comic value. Basically, Mourinho would make West Ham a slightly better team and Allardyce would make Chelsea a far worse team (they're boring now, but still a good team, under Allardcye they'd probably be boring and slide down the table).

Too many people think life becomes easier with more resources. It's often not the case as it would appear that the pressure and scrutiny can be intolerable. In the same way high-flying lawyers and executives feel pressure in their jobs, top managers feel the weight of the public and the media on their necks far more than relegation level coaches do.

Edited by Nikica

they were unlucky ;)

they were unlucky.

Just watching the highlights of the NorthEast derby, may have been wrong about Johnson and Colback. It's the 3rd week I've paid attention to them (in highlights only) since we were kinda linked and they look impressive at the moment