Zoo

General Weekend/Midweek Football

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

all Barca needs is 1 goal to kill it off.  shite would need 2.  messi can do it

Have they even looked like scoring? I’m not watching it because I knew what would happen. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Have they even looked like scoring? I’m not watching it because I knew what would happen. 

yeah they've had some good chances.  messi and suarez could have finished a little better.  shite scored right off the bat due to the atmosphere then it was nothing the rest of the half.  second half it was still just a lot of nothing and then wijnaldum came on and had 2 goals in what seemed like 3 minutes.  after that barca has started to attack more and not sit back and liverpool hasn't done much since.  it's not like barca is getting pounded here.  it's honestly just a bad game to watch, misplaced passes left and right.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah they've had some good chances.  messi and suarez could have finished a little better.  shite scored right off the bat due to the atmosphere then it was nothing the rest of the half.  second half it was still just a lot of nothing and then wijnaldum came on and had 2 goals in what seemed like 3 minutes.  after that barca has started to attack more and not sit back and liverpool hasn't done much since.  it's not like barca is getting pounded here.  it's honestly just a bad game to watch, misplaced passes left and right.

Game. Over. 

Yeah and I told you lot Origi will be a good player when he fills out.  Proper target man's performance tonight. 

Just gotta hope spurs or Ajax are up to the job

On 02/05/2019 at 05:44, c1982 said:

I’m glad it was only 3-0 as it keeps it competitive enough that Liverpool may still think there’s something in it for them. This will hopefully be enough of a distraction for their title challenge to derail at Newcastle on Saturday.

Well this went well! I can’t take much more!!!

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Agreed, sadly. That absolute will to win in them is something else. 

Also says a bit about us, Jordan brain fart aside they couldn't score v us home or away.

What can u do? Fair play. Klopp is a proper manager. Everybody licks Ferguson’s arse but in this day and age it’s a different game and Guardiola and Klopp are unreal. The special one has gone licking his wounds for another easy pay day abroad 

It's taken me this long to get my head around what happened tonight and whether people like it or not as a football fan I take my hat off to them, they were top draw what an unbelievable result nothing but admiration for any team who could do that to a Barca team who were 3-0 up at halftime.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

It's taken me this long to get my head around what happened tonight and whether people like it or not as a football fan I take my hat off to them, they were top draw what an unbelievable result nothing but admiration for any team who could do that to a Barca team who were 3-0 up at halftime.

100 % agree. It’s a massive result for them and they should be incredibly proud of their players. 

Im heavily rooting for Ajax or spurs though.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

100 % agree. It’s a massive result for them and they should be incredibly proud of their players. 

Im heavily rooting for Ajax or spurs though.

If you think that trophy is anyone else's but theirs then you don't know football :P 

Fair play to them. It might actually be their year, and they’ve earned the chance. Hate them all you like, but they’ve been impressive to say the least. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you think that trophy is anyone else's but theirs then you don't know football :P 

Ask man city when they lost to Wigan mate.

still 2 chances for them to lose trophies.  City have a Brighton side that doesn't have a goal scorer and is a couple points safe from relegation.  Leicester are a good side and know how to defend hence the difficult game for them.  Brighton is not Leicester.  Lastly, Ajax or Spurs both present a difficult foe.  Ajax can run all day with Liverpool, they will not be out worked.  Spurs can do the same and are very good at the back.  those saying the shite are going to win are short sighted, there's still a lot to happen yet.

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

I can't see Ajax or Spurs coming close to them in the final, sadly.

Only if they get complacent and think last night won it for them.

26 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I can't see Ajax or Spurs coming close to them in the final, sadly.

that's what last year's winners Real Madrid thought.  As well as Juventus and now Spurs are thinking as well.  Hasn't worked out for any of them.  their work rate and willingness to work together as a team is bar none.  plus i think they relish the underdog role.  i really enjoy watching them.

We’ve seen some crazy shit the last couple of days you couldn’t make it up it’s been that bizarre. 

I think the final will be 0-0 and decided on penalties just to bring things back to reality 😜

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We’ve seen some crazy shit the last couple of days you couldn’t make it up it’s been that bizarre. 

I think the final will be 0-0 and decided on penalties just to bring things back to reality 😜

Conflicted I don't want either of them to win it; luckily I'll be watching in a bar in Greece so will likely get inebriated enough not to care. 

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

All joking apart the art of defending and protecting a lead is gone 

Such a naive performance from an unbelievably talented young squad. They could have killed the game but went for the jugular and paid the ultimate price. Other than the result the complete opposite to Barca yesterday who I felt had an air of arrogance about their performance.

Good for English football though as we may have all 4 English teams in the two European finals  by this time tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, barryj said:

Such a naive performance from an unbelievably talented young squad. They could have killed the game but went for the jugular and paid the ultimate price. Other than the result the complete opposite to Barca yesterday who I felt had an air of arrogance about their performance.

Good for English football though as we may have all 4 English teams in the two European finals  by this time tomorrow. 

It’s not really English football though. I’d have rather have Ajax go through. That would have been great for a young Dutch team 

24 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

It’s not really English football though. I’d have rather have Ajax go through. That would have been great for a young Dutch team 

Last time I looked at a map (Even know brexit hasn’t happened yet but) Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are all English clubs! I wasn’t talking about players but the league. However if you are talking about English players Spurs and Liverpool have their fair share. 

I actually really dislike Spurs so I feel dirty for wanting them to not bottle it again tbh :lol:. They should've have beaten them at Analfield but bottled it, and this is going to be on a much bigger stage.

I'm hoping Kane isn'tt fit because Spurs are a much better team without him.

Spurs have a very good chance of beating Liverpool.  Physically Ajax would have got battered by Liverpool... too young and inexperienced for their game. 

Don't have a problem with Spurs winning it.  We aren't a million miles away from following their template with the new stadium.... if they win it they will be happy, celebrate and move on.... the Red Shite can't do that.  

When spurs lose that's it... end of story. Liverpool? Oh.... it's excuses and finger pointing. If they win it we will not hear the last of it.   

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Spurs have a very good chance of beating Liverpool.  Physically Ajax would have got battered by Liverpool... too young and inexperienced for their game. 

Don't have a problem with Spurs winning it.  We aren't a million miles away from following their template with the new stadium.... if they win it they will be happy, celebrate and move on.... the Red Shite can't do that.  

When spurs lose that's it... end of story. Liverpool? Oh.... it's excuses and finger pointing. If they win it we will not hear the last of it.   

You clearly never visited the Fighting Cock forum - have a read and you may change your mind about the attitude of Spurs fans. Whole new level of low compared to even BlueMoon and certainly compared to RedCafe and RAWK.

With the top 4 in the finals of the Champs league and Europa league two of them will qualify as holders, does that leave extra places for Euro qualifying.??

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

With the top 4 in the finals of the Champs league and Europa league two of them will qualify as holders, does that leave extra places for Euro qualifying.??

No the wins of CL don’t matter.  Winner of Europa if Arsenal means they get CL as well.  Only thing for 7th is if Watford lose to city then wolves are in, If Watford wins they get Europa.  So the only thing is arsenal could get CL as well.

On 06/05/2019 at 14:16, pete0 said:

Mike Dean is ref tonight, the guy who claims he's a tranmere fan but was removed from reffing Liverpool games in 2006.

Yet when Leicester were challenging Spurs they removed the Leicester supporting ref off a Spurs game. 

and yet here he at the tranmere match wildly celebrating their win.  he's a nutter but i think he's actually a tranmere fan.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3851998/premier-league-referee-mike-dean-wildly-celebrates-tranmere-rovers-reaching-wembley

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and yet here he at the tranmere match wildly celebrating their win.  he's a nutter but i think he's actually a tranmere fan.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3851998/premier-league-referee-mike-dean-wildly-celebrates-tranmere-rovers-reaching-wembley

His two sons both have season tickets at Liverpool. Tranmere is only 3 miles from Liverpool, a lot of their fans will follow Everton or Liverpool as well as their local side. 

Holgate just missed the first pen in the shoot out. Feel for him, showed confidence taking the first and had done well helping WBA cling on with 10 men for the last 10 minutes plus extra time. Would have been good experience playing in the championship play off final but hopefully he's shown enough to get a chance in our squad next year. 

35 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Holgate just missed the first pen in the shoot out. Feel for him, showed confidence taking the first and had done well helping WBA cling on with 10 men for the last 10 minutes plus extra time. Would have been good experience playing in the championship play off final but hopefully he's shown enough to get a chance in our squad next year. 

Agreed.  Brunt to blame for the red that sunk them.  Very proud of holgate I have always rated him and hope he gets a chance with us, I think he’s a good player.

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Leeds up 1-0 now, 2-0 on agg and have the away goal.  Derby would need 3 to get outta here.  I think el maestro Bielsa is advancing.  I hope they beat Villa, keep John Terry in the championship.

They’d need 2 to go through on away goals, surely?