Zoo

General Weekend/Midweek Football

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Leeds up 1-0 now, 2-0 on agg and have the away goal.  Derby would need 3 to get outta here.  I think el maestro Bielsa is advancing.  I hope they beat Villa, keep John Terry in the championship.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They’d need 2 to go through on away goals, surely?

Away goals don't count in the play-offs otherwise last night wouldn't have needed pens.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

ha thanks romey, second time in a week i fucked up the away goals.  Ajax i did as well.  well then only 2 goals for derby to pull it out.

Third time:P.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

1-1 on the night now, thank fuck. Leeds can stay where they are or, preferably, get relegated a couple more times. 

This.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Away goals don't count in the play-offs otherwise last night wouldn't have needed pens.

i didn't know that thanks mike.  yeah away goals is apparently the bane of my existence lately.  All even, seems Derby has the momentum

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Comeback complete :D 

Don't want Lampard to bring them straight back up but if they can beat Leeds then lose to Villa I'll be content; not that I like Villa, I just dislike Leeds and Lampard more.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was born in Stoke and plays for England U21s. 

just looked it up, he's lived in america since he was 14, went to college there and played MLS, i didn't realize he was english!  thought the US college and MLS was a dead ringer for american, we don't get many brits playing MLS!

59 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Few City players have disgraced themselves. Celebrated winning the league with a song that alludes to the Liverpool fan that was put on a coma. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/outrage-man-city-players-filmed-16275920?fbclid=IwAR2fwypPakgC04v3qC09VOXFNwj4nk8ppy5URjWqNuIIyqrWotPUXkO3FnM#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Just another case of their fans getting offended by everything and seeing things that aren’t there. Like when they accuse us of singing about Hillsborough with “murderers”. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just another case of their fans getting offended by everything and seeing things that aren’t there. Like when they accuse us of singing about Hillsborough with “murderers”. 

I agree in general about their lot. But this bit is in pretty poor taste

"Crying in the stands, and battered on the streets." 

Not the greatest moment for city players but I'm sure that lot will milk it for all its worth. 

It's not like they haven't attacked coaches, chanted about Munich, thrown smoke bombs in away pens, insulted Phil Neville and Lee Carsleys children, just to name a few...

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

I agree in general about their lot. But this bit is in pretty poor taste

"Crying in the stands, and battered on the streets." 

I still don't think it's about anything that they're trying to make out that it is.