IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I didn't actually think Balotelli was as bad as people are making out. When he actually got on the ball in the first half he looked positive and alongside Sterling they were the only players I thought carried any threat.

Its not his fault the midfield were diabolical (Gerrard and Allen in particular) and sat 10 yards off every Madrid player.

I don't get what the shirt swapping was all about mind you.

Lamela's goal...

https://vine.co/v/Ohetg7TdVWw

Wow!!!

Actually difficult to see from that clip I think, needs a description (99 times out of 100 though he'd have looked a twat for trying it and failing dismally :P).

"Indeed, having seen that goal again it is quite amazing, a rabona, an amazing show-off of a finish. You don't really grasp what he has done until you see it in slow motion, Lamela wrapping the leg with which he kicks the ball around his standing leg. How did he not fall over?"

Balotelli missed a sitter with the last kick of the game :lol: .

BBC

16:52

Why, oh why always him? From the last kick of the game, Mario Balotelli must win it for Liverpool, but totally misses the ball. From Phillipe Coutinho's cross, Balotelli is six yards out with the ball on his laces. He gets nothing, the final whistle blows, it ends 0-0 and Balotelli sinks to his haunches. Unbelievable.

:rofl:

Anichebe once again showing that he's a player on his day. Completely turned the game round when he came on. Class player at his best.

:rofl:

No, he wasn't and isn't. See, this is what happens when you judge a player on one or two performances; you get ludicrous claims.

Anichebe once again showing that he's a player on his day. Completely turned the game round when he came on. Class player at his best.

I'm disappointed he never had a glamorous name, scored a shed load of goals in a crap league as a 16/17 year old. We could have got an extra £22m for him.

He is a good impact player who lacks a proper 90 minutes.

The balotelli chance wasn't a miss, a good save. Press love to slate him.

I'm disappointed he never had a glamorous name, scored a shed load of goals in a crap league as a 16/17 year old. We could have got an extra £22m for him.

He is a good impact player who lacks a proper 90 minutes.

The balotelli chance wasn't a miss, a good save. Press love to slate him.

:rofl: Are you really comparing Vic to Rom?! How about 16 goals in the EPL? If you're going to quote stats, pick like to like, not the one you want.

Never mind, wrong thread for this :)

Edited by Matt

:rofl: Are you really comparing Vic to Rom?! How about 16 goals in the EPL? If you're going to quote stats, pick like to like, not the one you want.

Never mind, wrong thread for this :)

As goalscorers Rom is better, clearly. As footballers they are very very similar - remarkably so.

Ultimately goals are the things that add ££££ to the value hencevRom being mega bucks.

Just seen Christine Ohruogu won sportswoman of the year in 2013, really can't wait to cast my vote for 2014, maybe the women's cricket team.

Honestly, I'm clearly taking the piss. Really gets my goat. Complete piss take. You would think p.e was banned in schools for females or something.

Maybe sports personality of the year isn't diverse enough. Let's throw a "black manager of the year award" in there. Interestingly enough seen Jason Roberts on fantasy football. He said he's too smart to go into football management or coaching. Can we take him out of the stats for the Rooney rule now? Otherwise in his punditry job he will be quoting such shite to argue why other black managers haven't joined the like of tigana, Houghton, Barnes, ince, gullit, Powell, rijkaard, to manage at the highest level.

Bit of a rant there, all for diversity, just not for all the unnecessary nonsense.

You don't half come out with some shite about Rom Haf.

Not really, it's just that you don't agree with me. That's fine. It's all about opinions.

Rom can score goals no doubt, but his ability to play football needs to improve in order for him to be a true centre forward. That opinion will not change until he is able to minimise the impact man marking has on his goalscoring. At this moment he is reducing the number of real chances due to his inability to control and link up effectively.

Just seen Christine Ohruogu won sportswoman of the year in 2013, really can't wait to cast my vote for 2014, maybe the women's cricket team.

Don't see why that's a problem, she became the first female Brit to win a second World championship so why did she not deserve it :huh:?

I get the rest of the post but that bit confuses me.

Don't see why that's a problem, she became the first female Brit to win a second World championship so why did she not deserve it :huh:?

I get the rest of the post but that bit confuses me.

My point being is there doesn't need to be a seperate gender award. Females get plenty of recognition in spoty with BBC.

My point being is there doesn't need to be a seperate gender award. Females get plenty of recognition in spoty with BBC.

But there always in all sorts of walks of life; music, acting etc, been going on for ever so doesn't belong in a "Rooney rule" discussion. You'll be wanting Miss World and Mr Universe merged if you keep going that way :).

And there's shitloads of different awards, you can't stop Sky/Sunday Times from giving them just because the BBC have SPOTY.