Zoo

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Can’t wait for weekend. I hope united squeak past Leicester and would be happy with wolves beating Chelsea. Leicester have had a good start to a really tough run of games. After united they have spurs and I’m sure city are coming up aswell 

West Ham’s win over United will put more pressure on Silva, the board will most definitely be thinking about a replacement and discussing names behind closed doors, just in case things don’t go to plan in the next 3-4 weeks. 

They haven't made the investment in him and the team to see the results we are getting, and then to see the likes of Leicester pulling away from us in nearly every department. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Spurs out of the League Cup! 

Despite the worst "Panenka" from a Colchester player in the history of the game in the shoot-out. Gazzaniga had the time to dive, get back up again and punch it away before it reached the goal, bloody hilarious and the reaction of his team-mates was priceless. You do them when you're 4-0 up, not in a shoot-out when you're a fourth tier team in a shoot-out against PL opposition. Happily his team mates spared him looking like a total dick.

I find it a bit strange that Emery won so many Europa Leagues. He has an identity but I don't think he is a decent manager. 

Quite refreshing listening to Roy Keane in the studio though. I forget how good he was, and how simply he played the game. 

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit strange that Emery won so many Europa Leagues. He has an identity but I don't think he is a decent manager. 

Quite refreshing listening to Roy Keane in the studio though. I forget how good he was, and how simply he played the game. 

Yeah kicking anyone who got near him was as simple as it gets. 

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

Can't stand Roy Keane. Arrogant prick.

5 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I think he is anything but. He doesn't think he is the best player, he admits himself that he was lucky to play with such great players as he did.

There is no doubt that he has his "issues" but I would give anything to have a Roy Keane playing for Everton now.

7 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Don’t get arrogance confused with passion fight and heart, as Bailey said we need a Roy Keane to lead us out of the half hearted displays we’ve been getting lately. 

28 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don’t get arrogance confused with passion fight and heart, as Bailey said we need a Roy Keane to lead us out of the half hearted displays we’ve been getting lately. 

I'd rather be relegated than have a player of Keane's character on the pitch. 

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he is anything but. He doesn't think he is the best player, he admits himself that he was lucky to play with such great players as he did.

There is no doubt that he has his "issues" but I would give anything to have a Roy Keane playing for Everton now.

What makes him arrogant is that he thinks all footballers should play like him, or at least always play no matter the situation.

On 02/10/2019 at 14:51, Sibdane said:

What makes him arrogant is that he thinks all footballers should play like him, or at least always play no matter the situation.

I get you now. Even with that there is an element of truth to that to what he says because players are soft these days but I get the feeling he would expect players to lace up with a broken leg!

Apparently BHA fans are chanting “we want 7!”

i know our season hasn’t had a good start but Spurs seem to be in all kinds of trouble. Poch got his head on Real maybe?

Showing how our result against them was a disappointment. 

It does show you how even great teams can suffer when they get injuries to the wrong positions though. If Liverpool avoid that injury crisis, then they shouldn't lose it.

4 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Well, it's definitely Liverpool's title to lose this season. 

City not looking up to it.

Liverpool were 10 points in front of City last season and still blew it, so there’s still plenty of hope and time. 

Horrible..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

To be honest I'm not overly surprised, the South West (big cities like Bristol, Exeter, Taunton and Plymouth aside) have very few people of colour and racism is rife. The school that Josh went to (for example) in the "market town" a few miles from us had absolutely no black students at all in a total of around 750 throughout his whole time there so there was no integration.

Our old next door neighbour was actually commissioned to research SW racism (can't remember by who, but she was a well respected academic so it'd have been a serious body) some years ago and I read the draft before she submitted it and it was pretty awful.

I salute Yeovil as a club for their behaviour though, just hope the FA deal with it fairly.

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11847303/southampton-players-donate-wages-to-charity?fbclid=IwAR3LJxS-P1OPD_RxDTNhALBvIIqDW0wcuRMk36eSVr0ssj8vchYEWehUFQ0

Soton players to donate a weeks wages to charity. Nice gesture considering they'll all be feeling like shit themselves after that defeat. 

A days wages. 

On 26/10/2019 at 02:59, markjazzbassist said:

I said when the shite axed him that Rodgers is a good manager I was laughed off here.  

You sure that was not more luck than judgement 😀.

You were right mate I didn’t rate him, even when he was at Celtic I thought what he was doing there didn’t prove anything, but at Leicester he’s storming it. 
You know what we are big enough to prize him away from there. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You sure that was not more luck than judgement 😀.

You were right mate I didn’t rate him, even when he was at Celtic I thought what he was doing there didn’t prove anything, but at Leicester he’s storming it. 
You know what we are big enough to prize him away from there. 

he had them 2nd in the league, he was good and still is.  engineered a big upset in the CL with Celtic too.  he plays attacking football too.  he's a martinez but way better.  coutinho waxed lyrical about how much he loved the guy.  

Leicester superb again. Not as flashy as last week against Soton, but they created chances, plugged away and then the quality of the passing for the 2nd to wrap it up was excellent. They have the 2nd best midfield in the league for me.

On 03/11/2019 at 16:06, Bailey said:

Leicester superb again. Not as flashy as last week against Soton, but they created chances, plugged away and then the quality of the passing for the 2nd to wrap it up was excellent. They have the 2nd best midfield in the league for me.

Plus love him or hate him Vardy again like their title winning season is doing the business again, only this time his goals aren’t just based on speed and break aways. 

On 04/11/2019 at 22:20, Palfy said:

Plus love him or hate him Vardy again like their title winning season is doing the business again, only this time his goals aren’t just based on speed and break aways. 

To be completely honest I didn't think he had that type of play in him. He has improved as a player under Rodgers.

This Norwich v Watford game is terrible and should be a Championship game next season. They both make so many mistakes in simple positions.

Doucoure is looking a bit lacklustre but he is still the best player on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just seen it, that’s what should happen if you don’t achieve. 

Not sure who they'll get though. Mourinho? 

Six months ago they were in the CL final, which is crazy for a team like Spurs. 

nuts.  he's a top manager, he was hamstrung by their  new stadium and levy being a cheap fuck.  he repeatedly bitched about levy being cheap in the media and supposedly went to complain to him in person today when he got sacked.  i'd have him here in a heartbeat.  with funds he will win big. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Not sure who they'll get though. Mourinho? 

Six months ago they were in the CL final, which is crazy for a team like Spurs. 

Skybet have Mourinho favourite then Howe followed by Benitez. 
I wouldn’t have thought Howe and Rafa would get a look in.