IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Agreed C.

When I saw it first I thought that it was a clear penalty but in slow motion its an obvious dive, I like that fact though, for all Suarez dived he ends up losing the game to just that. I thought Valencia was poor in that situation too, he should have pulled the trigger earlier.

Perfect result for me, Man United going above us dosen't really bother me, I'd rather see Liverpool down there because it makes it all the more easier to finish above them.

Perfect result for me, Man United going above us dosen't really bother me, I'd rather see Liverpool down there because it makes it all the more easier to finish above them.

I'd rather liverpoo finished 3rd and us 4th to us finishing 5th and them much lower. I'm an Evertonian, them doing poor is a bonus but I want us to be as high as possible at every point throughout the season regardless of their plight.

Altogether now ?

GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN !

jump for joy.gif

When the pen got analysed at the end of the game it showed Valencia gets a little contact on the foot so wobbles his leg. Right call imo.

The RvP challenge was nowhere near as bad as Shelvey's, the ref got both decisions spot on. RvP's wouldn't even be a talking point from any other fans.

I'm with Xavier, Evans should have gone as well if that's the letter of the law. Evans has no control with both feet forward, whereas Shelvey only leads with one.

I'd argue Evans was jumping in and Shelvey was lunging. The former having less control and more dangerous.

Stupid decision.

It's Evans ball. If Shelvey was close enough to make a fair challenge they'd be an argument, but he's lost the ball, it's miles from him so he's lunged in like an idiot. A better player would have stayed on their feet an excepted they had lost the ball.

Peter, that's not defending your self, jumping in two footed. Defending yourself is turning away and putting your hands or something in the way. Not the bottom of your studs.

It's instinctive, Shelvey has flew at him unexpectedly. I don't get your point, Evans has reacted naturally, if Shelvey had tried to punch him Evans would have raised his arms, but he's gone for his legs so Evans has moved his legs.

Or like Bily, you'd be pissed off if your players weren't challenging for every ball. I'd want them to go for everything, just stick within the laws. Shelvey had a chance to win that ball, he tried, Evans went to win it back but a lot harder than he probably should have.

I'll see it again later but you just can't jump into a challenging, of the ground, two footed. Full stop.

My point is, jumping two footed into a challenging Is NOT defending yourself. Ever.

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't jump into challenges two footed 'to protect' myself.

Fellaini done it against Kyrgiakos. If you're in danger and can't avoid it, there is little else you can do.

He could have just jumped up? Fellaini wouldn't have needed an operation if he did. He could easily have had a red handed to him too back then.

You have a split second to react. Your protective instincts react to the situation, if you had time to think you'd jump, but you don't get that luxury.

Just watched the YouTube clip and Evans has jumped in just as much - I think the only defence the ref has is Evans has jumped at the ball but it looks like shelvey has jumped at Evans because of the scissors movement. Must admit I didn't notice this when watching it live.

Agree....looks like Evans is trying to direct the ball away from Shelvey while Shelvey is jumping at the man.