IGNORED

Matthew Kennedy

c1982

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He's looked a constant threat in game highlights I've seen, is always running and has great ability on the ball.

Looks like he'll be a top player, he seems pretty consistent too, so that only bodes well for the future.

Hope he does get some minutes at some point, do the lad good.

• 2 weeks later...

very dissapointed with this lad,last night went to watch the youth team play dissapointing result beaten 4-2 by norwich at goodison.

i went with great expectations for mathew but was dissapointed with his performance.

if he thinks its all about him hes wrong,its a team game and he needs to realize this or he will be back in scotland before he knows it.

That doesn't sound too positive Patto. I take it we won't be seeing him in the first team any time soon then ?

Gives an indication of what he's like though.

Okay. Let's put things in perspective.

This is a kid who was playing in the Scottish Premier League as a 17 year old. This is a kid whom our scouts clearly saw as someone with potential, and enough that Moyes spent money on. He's a kid who has played at the international level for Scotland, including a cap for the U21's as an 18 year old. He has impressed at the u18 level for us against teams like Arsenal. And he was good enough to earn a spot in the 18 for the main squad. As an 18 year old.

With all due respect to Patto, forgive me if I think that the idea that this kid suddenly doesn't have "any chance whatsoever" of making an impact "in the next 2 years" simply because one guy saw him have a bad game is a load of shit.

• 9 months later...

Martinez walking the talk. Like it. It may shock you to hear I know a few rovers fans... I will make sure I get regular feedback.

You mean you have a mate who supports Tranmere too? I can't wait until the day we are linked with a player at a club in Uzbekistan or Tunisia and you get the inside scoop on your mate at that club :)

You mean you have a mate who supports Tranmere too? I can't wait until the day we are linked with a player at a club in Uzbekistan or Tunisia and you get the inside scoop on your mate at that club :)

Pretty much screwed outside of England to be honest, but living 5 miles from prenton park makes Tranmere fans obtainable.