IGNORED

Everton Cult heroes..

marcopaulo

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/09/05/your-everton-cult-heroes

Evertonians have been singing the praises of players past and present in answer to our most recent Question of the Week.

We asked supporters to tell us who they believe to be the ultimate Everton cult hero – and a wide range of suggestions came flooding in on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

With the likes of Dixie Dean, Alan Ball, Neville Southall and Duncan Ferguson labelled as Everton greats or Club legends, a cult hero is defined as an individual that is adored outside of the mainstream for either unconventional reasons or for a specific moment.

who is yours??

mine has to be either hibbert or graham stuart(we all know the game)

Don't really want to kick this off again but it's ridiculous to include Ferguson with Ball, Dean & Southall as legends.....he's a pretty obvious example of a cult hero for me.

Personally though, from when I was a kid, Alan Whittle....eleven goals in fifteen games in the 69/70 championship!

I think Straq has given himself a good chance of being included after his statement on the OS.

Personally liked Linderoth, during a time were all we done was hit it in the air he weren't scared to pass the ball on the floor. Although Tommy Grav and Li Tie would be more fitting as cult heroes for that era.

I know he wasnt in the same mold skill wise, but i still have to say Big Dunc for me.

I remember sitting away at leicester and if we had not won this match it would have made it a full 12 months without an away month.

Dunc was injured and did not play.

90 minutes on the clock and the score is 0 - 0, Danny Cadamartri steps up to take a penalty and buries it!.

All i can remember is jumping in the air with delight and relief and turning to the side to see my mate in Duncs arms and screaming! he celebrated as much as an Everton fan that night.

The fact that he sat next to us away at Leicester and watched the whole match left a big impression on me.

Edited by Shukes

As im swedish im also forced to mention Limpar. I write forced but he really deserves the mention.

Pete0 both Linderoth and Alexandersson were alot better than most gave them credit for. Unfortunatly with Alexandersson he never showed it at Everton. Sheff Wed got his best years.

I was in school when Alexandersson was at the club, at the time everyone would want 7 or 9 on their shirt. I got my own name because Alexandersson was so rubbish in comparison to the rest of the leagues number 7's. Only contribution for Everton I remember is against Shrewsbury and we still got beat. If he had more pace I think he would have been a much better player or showed us more of the wonder strikes he scored for Sweden.

I think Cottee gets unfairly berated by some supporters. Some of our players didn't like playing with him, Graeme Sharp being one such example. But the £2 million we paid West Ham in 1988, seems a great deal in hindsight, compared with todays fucking crazy prices. Hat trick on his debut, regular scorer, dangerous forward, not a hall of famer by any distance for me, but he did contribute.

Wayne Rooney.

I know nothing about the history of EFC.

No, that's a very fair call - I've never been as excited about going to a game to watch an individual as I have with Wayne. He was a joy to watch and I hope we get the opportunity to see him in the famous royal blue again one day (soon!)

No, that's a very fair call - I've never been as excited about going to a game to watch an individual as I have with Wayne. He was a joy to watch and I hope we get the opportunity to see him in the famous royal blue again one day (soon!)

You missed out on it when you missed out on Mbaye Niang. He was even younger than Rooney when he scored his first league goal tongue.png

Edited by Mirallas

Who is this young french guy in question? It's late and I'm tired in my defense.

I thought about putting Daniel Cadamarteri into this, almost became a club legend with a goal against the shite in 1997 in one of his early games. Seemed a great prospect, but as with Jeffers, it never really worked out for him, either at Everton or any subsequent club.

Gareth Farrelly even? Did nothing at Goodison I can remember, except prevent us with a goal, from a relegation to the twilight world of second division soccer. Has to be worth a mention.

Kevin Brock also - not an Everton player, but he did play a pivotal part in our clubs history.

Tony Hibbert or Osman - local boys come good and ever present through the Moyes Era.

Outside of those Barry Horne and Graham Stuart for scoring the goals that kept us up or Rideout for the goal in 1995 or Parkinson for bossing the midfield for us before his career was cruely cut short.