IGNORED

'Sir' Bobby Moore

I think it’s true to say that it’s often difficult to have chat & banter with West Ham fans – on most of their forums anyway, so it was a breath of fresh air to encounter (as a Reading fan) the “Cockney Boys Chat” forum - a Hammers site that LIKES to chat with opposing fans! And a great sense of humour they've got too!

Now they've just decided to make a campaign to have 'Sir' Bobby Moore granted a posthumous knighthood, and are calling for support. The least we can do is to add a few names - dead easy process too, will take you barely 15 seconds.

If you feel able to sign - and why not? - please mention it in the thread below, for it'd be very useful for me reporting back to the Cockney Boys ...

daib0

Here's their presentation:

Sir Bobby Moore

We call him 'Sir' Bobby on the Cockney Boys Chat Forum, we've always believed that he should have been knighted. A gentleman on and off the football pitch, until recently the highest capped England captain and the man that lead our country to glory in 1966.

After reading this it seems we are not alone

England news

Campbell: Moore deserves knighthood

September 5, 2012

EmailPrint

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Bobby Moore is deserving of a posthumous knighthood, according to Bobby Campbell.

Even though a statue of the World Cup-winning captain has pride of place at the new Wembley stadium, Campbell believes Moore hasn't received the recognition he is due.

"To be Bobby Moore's manager and mentor for the time that I managed at Fulham, when he was a player there, I can safely say that he was the best professional I ever managed. If you told him there was a game in Outer Mongolia on Christmas Eve, kick off two o'clock, he would be there at one o'clock boots in hand. He was never late.

"Everything he ever did was immaculate, whether that was in training or in a match - it didn't matter to him. That's the way he was both on and off the field."

Moore, who died of cancer in 1993, was well known for his polite nature, even when he was alleged to have stolen items from a jeweller's in Bogota, Colombia, prior to the 1970 World Cup in Mexico. The defender was detained by police for four days, and was eventually cleared of any wrong doing.

"His manner and his character were top class and he represented West Ham and England as the ultimate pro. He even wiped his hand before shaking the Queen's hand before he received the World Cup trophy and he dealt with the so called 'stealing of the watch' with such dignity.

"As for reaching 100 caps, that in itself is such a wonderful milestone and anyone who makes it to 100 caps deserves to have done so, and that includes David Beckham, another great player. Let's face it David Beckham hasn't done football any harm at all."

Please sign , Bobby deserves it

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sir-bobby-moore

I signed it, I don't like West Ham much, their endless 'we won the World Cup in 1966' statement is fucking embarrassing and an insult to the rest of the players that year who helped the national team to a success, but recognize Moore as a player of great stature and an icon in British soccer. Sadly no longer with us, but the man was a giant on the field of play, and while being held in Colombia in 1970 on suspicion of taking some jewelry, kept professional about the whole incident and never faltered and came out of it with his head held high and still put on another superlative display in mexico for the world cup a few weeks after. True professional if even there was one.

If you think it's hard trying to have a chat with West Ham fans, you haven't tried Millwall. I'd stay well away from House of Fun if you're an outside supporter, but they have changed it now and it's members only. But you can still sneak on and register and have a look at discussions. Best to keep quiet and just observe if you're of a rival team though.

If you think it's hard trying to have a chat with West Ham fans, you haven't tried Millwall. I'd stay well away from House of Fun if you're an outside supporter, but they have changed it now and it's members only. But you can still sneak on and register and have a look at discussions. Best to keep quiet and just observe if you're of a rival team though.

Cheers, I've already been warned a number of times, and never even tried to go on there, you know when it's not worth the while to make the effort! Still, give the Cockney Boys Chat forum credit where it's due, anyone going on there giving respect does get it back ...

One I would recommend is Knees Up Mother Brown. I've never participated, and had no intention to, but it sounds similar to the one from above. Decent people but involved with a side I sometimes fail to recognize. Whatever the case, I applaud decisions made that enable all people to view discussions, whereas some, such as HoF, is for members only, and people not registered can't join in or view comments. We had the exact scenario on these very pages a few weeks back during the transfer rush. An interim measure is understandable but not something people would want to see permanently, and those goes for all pages, not just sports related.