IGNORED

John Stones

I'd take John Stones back here all day long, was gutted when we sold him. There were some flaws in his character but a very good player in there that just needed to be moulded. At 26 he's in the prime of his career and if we bought him could arguably get 4-6 years out of him. 

An all-English defence of Holgate and Stones would be brilliant, with Kenny on the right and Digne on the left. Don't forget that Michael Keane has been revitalised since Project Restart and has looked very, very strong under Carlo. I know I'm the minority but Mina I really rate too, he offers us something else. 

Stones, Holgate, Keane and Mina is a healthy batch of CB's for me. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Not current form, the old English preference is rearing it’s head again.  He’s been terrible for England and city.  He’s still living off potential, he hasn’t shown any consistency at a top level.

You keep saying this but it’s still false every single time you say it.

I don’t give a shit that he’s English. And so is Michael Keane incase you’d forgotten, but Stones still gets in ahead of him if he can stay fit. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Not current form, the old English preference is rearing it’s head again.  He’s been terrible for England and city.  He’s still living off potential, he hasn’t shown any consistency at a top level.

There is really only you that think this Mark. 
I don’t see any other Evertonian, on here or in the real world, who gives a shit where a player is from. 

Also, don’t know if you noticed but one of the players Mark quoted as not being as good as Stones is Keane. Where is he from?

Take a look in the Tom Davies thread, the Delph thread, the Pickford thread. See how much English bias you find in there. You can even check the Michael Keane thread up until about two weeks ago. Let’s push it further, look at the Ross Barkley thread, even the John Stones thread while we’re on topic. 
Plenty of hate for the English lads. 

Let’s sign some Americans though 😂

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is he better than Holgate..... it’s that simple.

Oh Holgate isn’t the defender to replace. Keane has been great in the last three games, but Holgate still has to be choice number one. He’s been fantastic since he got in the team. Can he partner Holgate is the question for any defender coming in for me. 

12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’d take him back if the money was right, I think Ancelotti would be good for him

I agree about Ancelotti. Stones needs to go somewhere, sit in a tight back 4 and go back to basics a little. Ancelotti will still want him to play out, but nowhere near the level of Pep and Martinez and its exactly what he needs to learn, albeit he could have done with it a few seasons ago.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Is he better than Holgate..... it’s that simple.

He would definitely be our best defender if he joined. Mind you I'm not sure who our best defender is at the moment.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You keep saying this but it’s still false every single time you say it.

I don’t give a shit that he’s English. And so is Michael Keane incase you’d forgotten, but Stones still gets in ahead of him if he can stay fit. 

Yeah and if he comes back he won’t see England team time just like keane won’t.  If he stays at city he will continue to get called up.  It’s how it works.  Has no basis on merit.  

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah and if he comes back he won’t see England team time just like keane won’t.  If he stays at city he will continue to get called up.  It’s how it works.  Has no basis on merit.  

But he started his England career whilst playing for us, so it would seem you can get into the England team if you are playing for little old Everton. 
I would like to think most England managers pick who they think are the better players, not based upon who they play for, it just seems that way because the better players usually play for the better clubs, and those who don’t soon do,

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

The same Michael Keane that made his England debut playing for Burnley. The same Michael Keane that continued to play for England while playing for Everton and was only rightly dropped from England squads when his form was bad for Everton. The same John Stones that made his England debut playing for Everton and continued to get called up for England squads after his move to Manchester City and was subsequently dropped from England squads while playing for Manchester City.

You're right about something not having basis or merit, but it's your view that there's an English bias. Once again, you're not understanding there's a difference between the media and the fans and mixing them up when you're posting.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I still would rather have Holgate in the team. He is a better player for me. 
I would be ok with Stones playing alongside him, but I struggle with people thinking he is better than Holgate. 
Opinions I guess.

Has anyone said he’s better than Holgate?

32 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Yes mate above. 

He will be our best defender if he comes.

That’s blatantly not true but I do think with Carlo coaching him he could be.

Anyway, I can’t see there being any truth in it whatsoever tbh but it’s something to talk about. 

55 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Yes mate above. 

He will be our best defender if he comes.

I think he would be as well, that statement was said after you posted. 

Is he better than Holgate..... it’s that simple 

Is wealth of experience and knowledge is what makes him better, but if you are insinuating that his arrival would be at the cost of Holgate, I don’t think you could be further wrong, his arrival would be an advantage to Holgate to have someone of his pedigree to learn from. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I still would rather have Holgate in the team. He is a better player for me. 
I would be ok with Stones playing alongside him, but I struggle with people thinking he is better than Holgate. 
Opinions I guess.

Who said he’s better than Holgate? He’s definitely not. But if Carlo could get him defending properly, those two could be very good. But Stones has a lot to learn. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s blatantly not true but I do think with Carlo coaching him he could be.

Anyway, I can’t see there being any truth in it whatsoever tbh but it’s something to talk about. 

Ye I don’t think he is better than Holgate, I was just quoting Bailey. Should have quoted him rather than type it out haha. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I think he would be as well, that statement was said after you posted. 

Is he better than Holgate..... it’s that simple 

Is wealth of experience and knowledge is what makes him better, but if you are insinuating that his arrival would be at the cost of Holgate, I don’t think you could be further wrong, his arrival would be an advantage to Holgate to have someone of his pedigree to learn from. 

No mate, Bailey posted after it, that if he came he would definitely be the best defender at the club. 
I was disagreeing with that. 

Im also not insinuating anything haha, just replying to posts. Feel like I’m in the twilight zone at the moment..... can people only see my posts and none others haha?

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No mate, Bailey posted after it, that if he came he would definitely be the best defender at the club. 
I was disagreeing with that. 

Im also not insinuating anything haha, just replying to posts. Feel like I’m in the twilight zone at the moment..... can people only see my posts and none others haha?

If I had the music and new how to stick it on here I would for you, I loved the twilight zone. 
I wonder if Bailey is from the twilight zone he’s all seeing 😄

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

😂 Thanks for the recognition, you piss taker, so did Bailey and he’s the Oracle in my eyes when it comes to knowing everything football, so I’m in good company😇

Haha I didn’t mean it like that mate. I just typed who said he’s better, then after I posted I saw it was you. Just a happy coincidence 😘